TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lurked here for awhile but didnt post because all I could do was clutter up a thread saying "me too".

The reason Websleuths is a daily news site for me: I can follow missing persons cases without having to decipher through Google what is a legitimate news source for any given county.

I've always appreciated that the site is victim friendly as opposed to gossip sites or the thousand random responses on any given news channel Facebook pages.

But I eventually got a Facebook account just so I could follow along with the "wink" posts.

Yesterday I completely disregarded the rumor that the door was wide open because no one could find a source, although it is still unconfirmed at least we now know where it came from. I now find it very disturbing that he did not immediately call the police, while yesterday I was not convinced he should have been immediately concerned.

That's interesting.

In one interview (I know, as I watched it several times) he says clearly first that the purse and wallet were left in the house.

Then he clearly says -in that same uncut interview - that they were left "in the car" and he makes a big deal of that.

That's not a small "I was nervous so I got mixed up" issue. That's major.
I've only read the transcripts; but yes, you're correct !

I keep thinking he may have taken a nap and didn't want to tell LE in case it made him look bad ?
Nothing wrong with that.

Did he go anywhere in that time span of arriving home and getting the call from school to pick up their son ?

Yeah and that would explain a lot. Maybe he feels guilty for “selfishly” taking the moment of silence to catch up missed sleep and now he feels ashamed and that he could’ve done more.

What that doesn’t explain is his lack of panic upon, hypothetically, being awakened by the school. “Uh, someone needs to come pick up your kid.” Looking around and seeing she’s still not there. Stuff still left behind. No contact for five hours.

It took him an entire hour after that to call authorities. He wasn’t even calling friends or family on the ride to pick up his son. That’s not his narrative.

No way she wouldn't have the diaper bag with her IMO. A newborn needs changed alot. I think if she did make it home, she wasn't there for very long IMO
Or her purse. Left upstairs, or wait was left in her car???? With unlocked doors,which he emphasized he always told her keep locked. So hard to remember such crucial details.. purse upstairs/ in her car. It's like Shroedingers purse.
MOO

I keep thinking he may have taken a nap and didn't want to tell LE in case it made him look bad ?
Nothing wrong with that.

Did he go anywhere in that time span of arriving home and getting the call from school to pick up their son ?
BBM I usually agree with you but I respectfully disagree with you here.

When somebody you love is missing, you tell the truth regardless of how it makes you look. MOO

Would she be checking her mail so early ? assuming she got home from the book fair around 8:15 (this is my guess based on the phone call he said he had with her on the $25 spent) and the school was only 3 miles (posted upthread)? I guess she could be getting the prior day's mail or maybe they have a really early mail delivery?

It depends on when the mail comes and when she would have gone. Get home, get the baby in and settled, visit the bathroom, have a cup of coffee, make some calls, think to check the mail, pick up baby, take keys and phone. No need for baby seat. She gets taken or forced into a car or nearby apartment, phone is taken from her and turned off to prevent tracking.

It could have been anytime before 1:40 when we know for sure (per SC, but could have been even earlier) that her phone went directly to VM.

Our mail comes between 10:00 and 10:15 am six days a week. I wish more things were so regular and consistent.

Yesterday I completely disregarded the rumor that the door was wide open because no one could find a source, although it is still unconfirmed at least we now know where it came from. I now find it very disturbing that he did not immediately call the police, while yesterday I was not convinced he should have been immediately concerned.

I found that super disturbing too. However knowing that came from friends via Facebook and hasn’t been confirmed, I’m going to take it with a grain of salt right now. Because the telephone game is real!

If that was true...

Casually mentioning that your fiancée and newborn daughter have been missing for five hours without a car, diaper bag, carseat or purse (with money) and phone has gone to voicemail since 1:40 pm?

Doesn’t make sense to me.

The issue with calling dad first is the context of the call. The way he described it is he came home before 2, and they were gone, with key things left behind. He’s then strangely silent on what he did for the next five hours but he got a call at 6:00 pm from school/daycare to state his son had not been picked up.

So at this point he should be aware that something is very wrong. Because she is the one who picks up their son. Or if he was supposed to then why the hell didn’t he?

In any event, it’s been five whole hours of no contact. Phone goes to voicemail. Diaper bag left behind. Purse with money left behind. Car seat and car left behind.

And now he learns his son has also been left behind. No fiancée rushing through the door with baby, “Oh my gosh I lost track of time!! I can’t believe she slept this long. Can you feed and change her? I’ve got to rush to pick up S!!!”

Nothing. It’s silent. She’s not there. Baby is not there. And son has been left at school and not picked up.

But instead of walking over quickly to the friend/neighbor to see if she’s there, he goes to pick up son. Instead of immediately calling 911, he goes to pick up his son.

Ok. Partially not too incomprehensible because he likely wanted to get there quick and avoid late charges and not have a sad kid sitting there for longer than he had to.

But now he has his kid. He had a chance to question the daycare people. He returns home. What does he do? Because he comes home and she is. still. not. there.

No baby. No partner. No calls. No texts.

Does he dash over to the neighbor’s at the point? No. He doesn’t say that. Does he call around to her friend’s at that point? No. Nothing. Does he call the police? No.

He makes a sandwich.

And then what? Then he finally starts calling friends. And not finding her, not seeing her, knowing her car, purse and money, car seat and diaper bag have been left behind, son not picked up, phone has been going to voicemail since 1:40 p.m. with NO calls or texts, he still doesn’t call police. He calls his dad.

That’s the context.

You know if he had made that call to dad around 3? After searching for her and calling friends? I’d get it. “Dad it seems really weird here. All her stuff but her phone is here but she and the baby are gone. I called her friend’s. Went to the neighbor’s. No one has seen her. Phone is off. I’m getting worried. Am I being crazy? Should I call the police?”

I’d get that. But my God. Five hours later under those circumstances? Asking daddy what to do five whole hours later? Shouldn’t he know what to do as a parent and an adult under those circumstances? Shouldn’t he be panicked?

You know I’d even understand, “Dad! Get over here! I’m freaking out. Something is wrong! She never came home and didn’t pick up our son! I fell asleep thinking she would come home but she didn’t. It’s been five hours! I’m calling the cops. Please come over. I don’t think I can handle this.”

But that’s not what happened. According to SC his dad told him to wait a bit longer to see if she would show up...and he did.

He didn’t call the cops until six hours after they went missing.

That brings me to another paradox one no one has been able to adequately explain to me. He knew his wife didn’t have her car. He said this was the first day she had Margot on her own outside the home. Did he expect her to pick up their son? If not, why didn’t he? Why did the school have to call before he collected his child.

If he did expect her to pick up their son, how did he expect that to occur when she didn’t have a car or car seat? Walk? After being gone for five hours? With no purse or diaper bag?

And again, no panic when his son’s school calls to say mommy never came?

A lot is not making sense to me.
I am speechless!!!
Bam! on your thought process!!!!!

"That brings me to another paradox one no one has been able to adequately explain to me. He knew his wife didn’t have her car. He said this was the first day she had Margot on her own outside the home. Did he expect her to pick up their son? If not, why didn’t he? Why did the school have to call before he collected his child.

If he did expect her to pick up their son, how did he expect that to occur when she didn’t have a car or car seat? Walk? After being gone for five hours? With no purse or diaper bag?"

If school was released at 3, unless the kid was in an after school program, there is no way they waited 3 hours before calling someone else to pick the son up from school. Waiting 1 hour even would be unusual unless the school is just super busy after hours and no one noticed that he was still waiting. They would have tried to call her first and when the phone went to voicemail they would have called the next person on the contact list and so on until they got an answer. If the kid was in pre-k and was supposed to be released at 2:15, it makes more sense if he got home at 2, maybe grabbed a snack, watched tv for a minute then around 2:30 was getting called by the school that the son hadn't been picked up yet.
If it's Kindergarten he may even have a half day. They may have waited a few hours? We have half day Kindergarten here.

Casually mentioning that your fiancée and newborn daughter have been missing for five hours without a car, diaper bag, carseat or purse (with money) and phone has gone to voicemail since 1:40 pm?

The issue with calling dad first is the context of the call. The way he described it is he came home before 2, and they were gone, with key things left behind. He’s then strangely silent on what he did for the next five hours but he got a call at 6:00 pm from school/daycare to state his son had not been picked up.

So at this point he should be aware that something is very wrong. Because she is the one who picks up their son. Or if he was supposed to then why the hell didn’t he?

In any event, it’s been five whole hours of no contact. Phone goes to voicemail. Diaper bag left behind. Purse with money left behind. Car seat and car left behind.

And now he learns his son has also been left behind. No fiancée rushing through the door with baby, “Oh my gosh I lost track of time!! I can’t believe she slept this long. Can you feed and change her? I’ve got to rush to pick up S!!!”

Nothing. It’s silent. She’s not there. Baby is not there. And son has been left at school and not picked up.

But instead of walking over quickly to the friend/neighbor to see if she’s there, he goes to pick up son. Instead of immediately calling 911, he goes to pick up his son.

Ok. Partially not too incomprehensible because he likely wanted to get there quick and avoid late charges and not have a sad kid sitting there for longer than he had to.

But now he has his kid. He had a chance to question the daycare people. He returns home. What does he do? Because he comes home and she is. still. not. there.

Does he dash over to the neighbor’s at the point? No. He doesn’t say that. Does he call around to her friend’s at that point? No. Nothing. Does he call the police? No.

He makes a sandwich.

And then what? Then he finally starts calling friends. And not finding her, not seeing her, knowing her car, purse and money, car seat and diaper bag have been left behind, son not picked up, phone has been going to voicemail since 1:40 p.m. with NO calls or texts, he still doesn’t call police. He calls his dad.

That’s the context.

You know if he had made that call to dad around 3? After searching for her and calling friends? I’d get it. “Dad it seems really weird here. All her stuff but her phone is here but she and the baby are gone. I called her friend’s. Went to the neighbor’s. No one has seen her. Phone is off. I’m getting worried. Am I being crazy? Should I call the police?”

I’d get that. But my God. Five hours later under those circumstances? Asking daddy what to do five whole hours later? Shouldn’t he know what to do as a parent and an adult under those circumstances? Shouldn’t he be panicked?

You know I’d even understand, “Dad! Get over here! I’m freaking out. Something is wrong! She never came home and didn’t pick up our son! I fell asleep thinking she would come home but she didn’t. It’s been five hours! I’m calling the cops. Please come over. I don’t think I can handle this.”

But that’s not what happened. According to SC his dad told him to wait a bit longer to see if she would show up...and he did.

That brings me to another paradox one no one has been able to adequately explain to me. He knew his wife didn’t have her car. He said this was the first day she had Margot on her own outside the home. Did he expect her to pick up their son? If not, why didn’t he? Why did the school have to call before he collected his child.

If he did expect her to pick up their son, how did he expect that to occur when she didn’t have a car or car seat? Walk? After being gone for five hours? With no purse or diaper bag?

All true. I will only add that by the time he called his Dad it had been 11 hours since he had spoken to his wife. That's a long time considering the circumstances.

It is also quite a coincidence that her mother had just left from a out of state visit with them, when this mess happened.

Was this the first day they had alone together to discuss issues, since Mother-in-law was finally gone?

He makes a sandwich.

That’s the context.

I’m having flashbacks of the uncovered cinnamon rolls on Kelsey’s counter. :(

That was such a little HUGE thing that rang so untrue that the majority of us here heard the bell ringing what it really was: PF

MOO : most mommies are not going to leave their purse, diaper bag, and an older child. They aren’t going to disappear, especially when seen in the morning focused on loving activities with their children. It ain’t normal.

Sure, many scenarios are possible but when I take into consideration his actions, his changing story, his demeanor: only one scenario makes the most sense to me.

and this is just MOO

Still think they were fighting, he may have called her at noon and because she didn't answer thought she was really pissed off and was leaving her alone. No telling what a roller coaster ride her hormones may have been on. I haven't had kids but some of my friends have said that the ppd is worse with a girl than a boy for some reason. I had one friends husband realize what she was going through at the time - she was in such a state she didn't. I know this is a bit off topic but I think there's something else going on with the couple that we don't know about. JMO

Concerning that there is a homeless population near the couples apartment. Taquerias Arandinis restaurant abuts the Club at Summer Valley Apartments. I found one picture of "homeless" men sitting next to the restaurant and apartment fence, on the internet. I snipped another picture from Google Steret View that shows this corner is well worn by transients.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.32.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.32.30 PM.png
    822.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.39.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.39.24 PM.png
    690.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.46.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.46.08 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.