TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s smiling because he wants to look natural!!! I’m not sure. I’ve never seen anything quite like that interview. It’s really difficult to watch!

I don't want to disappoint you, but Shane comes across as mildly mentally challenged - he's laughing inappropriately cause that's what he does. Shane won't be solving the problem of dark matter in the universe any time soon.

Okay, I missed about 50 pages. What happened and what, if anything has been revealed?
Brittany Ford on Twitter
@Austin_Police is set to address reporters in just minutes on the search efforts for Heidi Broussard & Baby Margot. Several national media outlets are here covering the case. #breaking #developing #Broussard

EMAp-x1W4AAXx-S.jpg

10:53 AM - 17 Dec 2019

Hema Mullur on Twitter
@Austin_Police appear to have no leads on missing mom #HeidiBroussard and 3-week-old baby Margot. They say there are no persons of interest. Any tips should be called in to the Austin Police Dept.

Hema Mullur on Twitter
.@Austin_Police: #HeidiBroussard could have left on her own or “something nefarious” could be involved.

Molly Oak on Twitter
Police say they've been continually searching since Thursday night. Says "this case is unique". Police say they don't have a person of interest at this point. "Anything is possible."

Molly Oak on Twitter
Police say it's possible there is foul play involved and also say it's possible that Heidi Broussard left on her own with the baby.

Molly Oak on Twitter
Police say, since Thursday night, there have been officers on-scene. Police say they are doing everything they can to find Margot and the baby

Molly Oak on Twitter
It's been five days since Heidi Broussard was last seen dropping off a different child at school Thursday morning.

Molly Oak on Twitter
Police say, "at this time, we have no reason to believe that Margot nor Heidi are harmed...our assumption is they are alive." @KVUE

Hema Mullur on Twitter
.@Austin_Police say they have no reason to believe #HeidiBroussard or 3-week-old baby Margot are hurt. They believe they are alive and are still searching for them. Any tips should be called in to the Austin Police Dept.

Hema Mullur on Twitter
.@Austin_Police: There was no #AmberAlert issued for Margot because this case doesn’t meet the criteria to issue an alert #HeidiBroussard

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
Latest from @Austin_Police: No person(s) of interest or suspects in disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey. Police still don’t know whether or not she left on her own or if something unfortunate happened. They are utilizing state and federal resources in search.
EMAxdPAXsAIAZhL.jpg

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
OF NOTE: Police say they are still working under the assumption that Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey are alive. @KVUE

Jacqulyn Powell on Twitter
Detectives say they don’t have any reason to believe Heidi Broussard and 3 week old Margot Carey wouldn’t be alive, still. They’re working with multiple law enforcement agencies in Texas, and DPS is reaching out to law enforcement in other states for help.
12:30 PM - 17 Dec 2019

He’s smiling because he wants to look natural!!! I’m not sure. I’ve never seen anything quite like that interview. It’s really difficult to watch!

I don't want to disappoint you, but Shane comes across as mildly mentally challenged - he's laughing inappropriately cause that's what he does. Shane won't be solving the problem of dark matter in the universe any time soon.

I agree. It was facilitated by a detective from the Violent Crimes Unit and the tone of his voice was so somber. When he was talking about all the tips coming in on different social media platforms he made a statement that made my heart stop. I played the interview again he said "We may never find them." But he was talking about the tips. I wondered about the wording even if it was supposed to be about tips. Maybe I am just reading too much into it. I hope she and that tiny angel show up against all odds!

Exactly! And I want to add some notes from the video of SC that was removed.

*He slipped!
*He is telling what happened that day in this interview. He says "she was making lunch."
*He realizes what he just said. Watch his eyes. He starts laughing at himself.
*He recovers from this mistake. He finally figures out a way to fix it. He changes his story & says she was making School lunches & he kisses them goodbye.
*He could not have seen her make School lunches that morning. He woke them at 6:40am, kissed them goodbye & left.
Good catch.

The lack of any such mention makes me think the worst, unfortunately. If they felt it likely it was an abduction, wouldn't they have warned the public?

Absolutely. We could say anyone stealing a baby might only want one so no risk to any other babies... but that is assuming they are stealing a baby to raise. LE shouldn’t make that assumption so if they think this was an abduction, they should warn others just in case there is some horrible crime ring going on that involves stealing babies and kids. Or a serial rapist killer stealing women and they didn’t realize she had a baby with her. They just don’t know so I think they would warn everyone just to be on the safe side. But they didn’t and that is not a good sign.

Okay some random thoughts:
1. No photo of Heidi and Margo at PC. Why? Very unusual, never seen this before with missing case.
2. No family seen at presser, no statement.
3. If she left voluntarily, it sounds like she has a good family/friend network (MOO), and I can't believe that she would not let someone know.
4. The dumpsters should be searched.
5. Detective Brad seemed grim to me. Mentioned 'Search and Recovery'. From violent crimes unit.
6. Taking Heidi and Margo and heading for the border makes zero sense to me, personally.
7. A LOT of resources involved in this. I don't believe the search would be this intense unless they feared for their safety.
8. The statement at presser about not having any reason to think they are NOT alive - is SOP. We have seen it before. Until they know that someone is deceased, or have very good reason to believe so, cases like this tend to be treated with the assumption that they are alive, at least in regards to pressers and the public. What good does it do to tell the public 'we believe they are dead'?

Yes and one child was expected to be at school. I would make everything appear normal and then rush to pack and run when no one was home to stop me. Maybe the part where she threw everything to survive on in the car and dashed back to school to retrieve her son was interrupted.

That’s a smart theory.

I'm only 400 posts behind now and I just watched the second video. The one with his dad. I don't find it strange that he called his dad before calling LE. He needed support and advice. My thought Is he was feeling a lot of guilt about the book/money thing and confessed that to his dad and his fear she left because of that. I can imagine his dad saying give it a little more time and maybe she'll show up. Anyway, I found myself watching his dad more than him. I think his dad wants him to know he's there to support him, but is wondering if there's more he's not telling. Jmo
I'm no closer to knowing where I stand on what I think could have really happened.
Anxiously awaiting the press release for more info, hopefully.

This interview is so strange. Is there only one video of him to watch? He laughs, he shows emotion. He can’t sit, acts like he’s ill. I can’t tell if he’s just totally overwhelmed and exhausted or what. I hope I’m wrong, but those long pauses where he’s in his head and then having emotion scares me that he might be reliving something. I have a very bad feeling, sadly.

Katydid, can you tell me where the mom's out of state visit comes from? I've been looking for it all morning and can't find it. I would be ever so grateful! :) MOO

"Heidi Broussard’s mother, Tammy Broussard, told KXAN that she was en route from Louisiana to Texas to help with the search."

"Broussard is originally from Lake Charles, Louisiana, according to public records. She and Carey have also lived in Kyle, Texas."

"Broussard’s aunt, Hope Thompson, wrote on Facebook, “Please keep praying and sharing..."

Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members