TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please cite one case from an MSM source of white women or tiny children being kidnapped in the states for trafficking and taken south of the border.
Not the OP, but I don’t think their post said anything about being taken south of the border. In fact, they said that one could be transported to other areas of the city or surrounding states. Unless I’m missing something, reference to race or Mexico was not in the OP’s post.

The presser was so odd to me. The tone of the detective was detached. It seems that most PC’s they try to humanize the missing people to get the public’s attention in hopes of tips. No pictures, no family involvement, just not well planned. I wonder if the SWAT incident that happened earlier in the morning played any part in it? Maybe they are stretched to their limits and didn’t think through all of the little things we are taking from the presser.

Last edited:
The presser was so odd to me. The tone of the detective was detached. It seems that most PC’s they try to humanize the missing people to get the public’s attention in hopes of tips. No pictures, no family involvement, just not well planned. I wonder if the SWAT incident that happened earlier in the morning played any part in it? Maybe they are stretched to their limits and think through all of the little things we are taking from the presser.

SWAT incident?

DEC 17, 2019
Dad pleads for help finding missing Texas mom and newborn daughter - CNN
Det. Brad Herries said investigators do not have a person of interest in the case and do not yet know if there is foul play involved. "We continue to search. We've been working continually since Thursday night to try to find Heidi and (her daughter)," Herries said.

FBI, Texas Rangers assisting in search for missing Austin mom, newborn
At a press briefing Tuesday afternoon on the case, Austin Police Department investigators said right now they have no reason to believe that the two have been harmed and assume they are alive.

Texas Father Pleads for Help Finding Missing 3-Week-Old Daughter, Her Mother
Police said they believe Broussard returned home with her baby before they both disappeared. They were reported missing to police at 7:30 p.m., officials said.

FBI investigating disappearance of mother and newborn baby in Texas
The FBI has deployed its child abduction team to help authorities in Austin, Texas, investigate the case of a missing mother and her newborn baby.

[…]

Herries declined to answer questions Tuesday about whether there had been previous domestic abuse reports from Broussard's apartment. The detective noted that authorities currently do not have reason to believe that Margot or her mother have been harmed.

"It’s possible that Heidi and Margot have left on their own accord," Herries said. "It’s also possible that there may be something nefarious or foul play involved. To be honest, we don’t know the answer to that question."

Last edited:
Press conference recap: no news, inspired zero confidence, 20 minutes we'll never get back.

I’m always surprised that people think LE owes them a full explanation of exactly what’s going on in the investigation before the crime has been solved. Seriously, not trying to be bratty but what is expected?

I felt I got a lot out of the presser. Some curious slips of the tongue. Some specific times. A lot of what was said and not said in response to pointed questions, like whether they are looking into calls to the home for domestic issues: “That’s part of our investigation.” What was not shown (photo of the missing). All the agencies involved and the things they’re receiving like surveillance video, timelines, electronics, etc.

Well I am late getting back to this - but I agree, the presser was very telling to me. More in what wasn't said...having been married to a detective previously, LE definitely has more intel than they are sharing.

Did I miss any mentions of boots on the ground searches? The wooded area behind the complex?

Not the OP, but I don’t think their post said anything about being taken south of the border. In fact, they said that one could be transported to other areas of the city or surrounding states. Unless I’m missing something, reference to race or Mexico was not in the OP’s post.
The border was mentioned in a past post about this. Border = Mexico.

Just watched the 2nd (outdoor) video of Shane and his dad.

He says she called him around 8am on her way back from the book fair. He said he was "on his way out" - perhaps on a moving job at the time. No mention he'd be out early from work? He said "I worked until about 1 something and got here [at apartment] at about 2". She wasn't there. "Her phone was off" - but he doesn't mention calling her.

Then he said he thought she was at her friend's place in the complex/nearby - 'with her phone off' (how does he know?). Then he CASUALLY Says "I went to pick up my son from daycare" - but skips over the fact that she was to do so, and skips over the fact that the school called him and skips the fact that if her car was still there she could not have picked up her son anyway.

What didn't he do?
He didn't say he went to check on her at the friends house nearby.
He didn't try to call that friend even though Heidi didn't pick up the son!

Too many tells in this, sadly.
Has it even been verified this friend exist?

Has it even been verified this friend exist?
No- nothing about it, and he never even says he tried to call or go to that person's place, even after he "realizes" she's missing!

Instead he calls his father... go figure.

What does this tell us? 1) he is likely lying, 2) if he did something, it's possible it was out of rage, as he didn't think the whole alibi through very well, or 3) he's just not that bright and didn't cover up his tracks that well.

This is my town, my area, very close to home. I cannot stop thinking about Heidi and Margo.

I drove by the apartments this morning about 11am, here are things I noticed:
-no visible police presence (I did not drive in, just looked from street)
-2 homeless guys at camp/hangout spot just outside the fence (this is always occupied)
-Very busy streets on two sides
-convenience store on the corner, apartments fit around it
-grocery store across the street
-one side bordered by quiet street with small quiet park across the street (no playground that I’ve seen, just trails)
-back of complex butts up to backyards of modest houses

This is not a “bad” part of town, but it’s not great. I have noticed this homeless camp many times before-people drinking listerene, etc. I had forgotten the close proximity of the park. It’s very wooded. I don’t know which apartment is theirs, but I’m not trying to be a stalker. I’m surprised I didn’t see any police presence at all.
Welcome, Solula. Thank you for joining and also for this information. MOO

The border was mentioned in a past post about this. Border = Mexico.
But not the post gitana was replying to. That poster had specifically said that you could traffic someone from the I-35 corridor and not necessarily go to the border. It was Gardenista in a previous post that mentioned race and Mexico.

Which, by the way, trafficking of white women happens all the time, though I agree that it wouldn’t make sense to traffic a white woman in Mexico.

Carey told KVUE, “I don’t know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two beautiful women together.” Ummmm Whaaaaaaat?????? he just referred to his new born, infant daughter as a woman.

That has struck me as off since I first heard it. I have never heard anyone ever refer to their infant as a woman. That'll she be an X kind of woman one day maybe. But calling her a beautiful woman? I mean when I first heard that I was all, "What? What other woman is also missing?!" I was completely thrown off. It would not have occurred to me that he was calling a 7 or 8 lb baby a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB