TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling pretty certain where this is all pointing. The “door was open” and the plea to be on the lookout for “ a suspicious van” are pathetic and desperate attempts to create a narrative on the fly that the narrator foolishly hopes averts suspicions away from him.

JMO
Ha! I know. It sounds like that Facebook nonsense about suspicious “sex trafficking vans.”

Also, if one returns home to find an open door, and a missing infant and significant other, wouldn’t they sound the alarm immediately?

Especially with important belongings left behind, to include a vehicle.

“Look over there, not at me.”

Heidi Broussard: Mom & baby still missing after mysteriously vanishing from their home in broad daylight

SABBM:

Carey told CBS Austin he last spoke to Heidi at 8 a.m. on Thursday. He arrived home from work at around 2 p.m. on Thursday and didn’t see Heidi or baby Margot. Heidi’s car, phone, and purse were left behind. Casey also said the baby’s belonging were left behind. There were reportedly no signs of struggle in the home.

According to NBC 9, Heidi’s friends said her apartment door was found wide open when Carey arrived home.
CrimeOnline reached out to the Austin Police Department, but they have not confirmed the details.

Has LE released what time the 911 call was officially logged?

JMO.

Crimeonline always seems to embellish or add something to a story not reported elsewhere. They quote CBS Austin report which does not say HB's phone was left at home and NOT missing -- only that call went to voicemail when SC called her. SB also doesn't mention her phone left at home in his video interview. MOO

Ha! I know. It sounds like that Facebook nonsense about suspicious “sex trafficking vans.”

Also, if one returns home to find an open door, and a missing infant and significant other, wouldn’t they sound the alarm immediately?

Exactly. Just when I thought they don’t come any dumber than PF!

Crimeonline always seems to embellish or add something to a story not reported elsewhere. They quote CBS Austin report which does not say HB phone was missing -- only that call went to voicemail when SC called her. SB also doesn't mention her phone left behind in his video interview. MOO
Yeah, and the phone being missing makes sense.

Assuming that this is foul play (which I am), then you’re probably dealing with an emotional event.

If that’s the case, you’d find a man with a huge problem on his hands, and very little time to build a false narrative.

He can’t dump her vehicle, because that’s logistically difficult (without help). There’s just no time for that.

So you claim that door is open and someone took mom and baby from the house. You leave all her belongings behind to sell that narrative.

Logically, her phone should be at home, but perhaps he can’t allow for that. Maybe there’s something on that phone that he doesn’t want law enforcement to see.

Hell, what’s on that phone could have started this whole thing in the first place.

Wonder if there could be a question about paternity?

Yeah, that was my first thought too.

Also, IMO "beautiful woman" is extremely odd phrasing for me. "Beautiful girls", maybe, and sacrifice Heidi's maturity for the sake of not sounding "weird" towards Margot. "Little lady", definitely, as lots of people use that mushy type of language for girl infants. But "beautiful woman"? That's odd; though maybe not overwhelmingly so, if Margot is the first female child he's ever had. He might not be used to it, and trying multiple expressions of affection out on his tongue.

Lastly, I agree we can dispense with thinking Margot was 2 months, as the coworkers were quoted saying that Heidi had been away "since she gave birth on November 26".

IANAL (obviously) but if an individual’s trash that has been taken to the street is fair game for LE, I would think apartment dumpsters are as well.

In NYC we have rules (sometimes even writ out in signage on the street trash cans), warning people not to dump their apartment trash in public trashcans. Trust me, some people this doesn't stop; and I wonder if Austin is the same? In that case, I should think that searching every area of trash deposit would be useful.

Also, this situation stinks to high heaven for me as a general rule. I agree it seems like a scenario from a movie.

It’s interesting bc in here already some see “crocodile tears”, others see true tears and remorse. It’s like with “BG”, different perceptions.

ETA: I actually did a screenshot and zoom last night to see if I could see any actual “fluid” coming out.

In the original/live video that was heavily edited by the news station, there was a point in the interview when his lips started quivering and he was visibly fighting to keep from crying...a person would have had to be a professional actor to fake that kind of facial movement.

However, he also reached several times to rub his eye in a completely unnatural-looking, contrived manner.

And there was even one moment where he appeared to have to keep himself from laughing/smiling almost.
It may have been when the reporter asked him what he would say to HB, but I can't recall exactly.
For others here who saw the original video, did anyone else notice or remember what I'm talking about?

"I feel horrible, but I'm masking the reasons for my feeling horrible," was the unspoken message I heard.
My ear may have deceived me, though.

Subjective impressions aren't facts.

JMO.

Perhaps FB took a phrase from baby daddy and ran with it (SC mentioned to call authorities if missing mom/baby seen in a car or van.

That in itself was an odd thing to me -- I guess he forgot to also add truck (i.e., too much information when "car" would be sufficient as everybody would assume a vehicle. MOO

The reporter who interviewed him is responding in comments to her article (on FB) that she told him to look at her. Not the camera. I guess she missed that he didn’t look at her much of the time. He looked at the ground. Adela Uchida
Austin dad pleads for safe return of his two-week-old daughter, her mother

Baby daddy did not make eye contact at all in that interview. While that's concerning, not ready to point a finger yet. He stated he got home at 2, she wasn't there. Maybe he thought she was out walking the baby? School calls (2:50ish?), he goes and picks up his son. When he returns and she is still not home, he calls the cops.

Heidi was seen at school dropping off son at 7:30. Baby daddy says he spoke to her at 8:00 am. Stories say her vehicle, purse & diaper bag were found in the home. What about her cell phone? Has it been mentioned?

Last edited:
I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling pretty certain where this is all pointing. The “door was open” and the plea to be on the lookout for “ a suspicious van” are pathetic and desperate attempts to create a narrative on the fly that the narrator foolishly hopes averts suspicions away from him.

JMO
Kind of like ' she was wearing a bikini and drinking a beer when she crossed the desert highway and disappeared.,...':rolleyes:

In the original/live video that was heavily edited by the news station, there was a point in the interview when his lips started quivering and he was visibly fighting to keep from crying...a person would have had to be a professional actor to fake that kind of facial movement.

However, he also reached several times to rub his eye in a completely unnatural-looking, contrived manner.

And there was even one moment where he appeared to have to keep himself from laughing/smiling almost.
It may have been when the reporter asked him what he would say to HB, but I can't recall exactly.
For others here who saw the original video, did anyone else notice or remember what I'm talking about?

"I feel horrible, but I'm masking the reasons for my feeling horrible," was the unspoken message I heard.
My ear may have deceived me, though.

Subjective impressions aren't facts.

JMO.
Yes. The question was “what would you say to her right now?”

He cried, but then I saw a smirk. It was as if to say “I’m fooling you.”

It was quick, and it was subtle. It wasn’t as blatant as Chris Watts, and there was some real emotion behind it (Watts was like a robot).

Yeah, that was my first thought too.

Also, IMO "beautiful woman" is extremely odd phrasing for me. "Beautiful girls", maybe, and sacrifice Heidi's maturity for the sake of not sounding "weird" towards Margot. "Little lady", definitely, as lots of people use that mushy type of language for girl infants. But "beautiful woman"? That's odd; though maybe not overwhelmingly so, if Margot is the first female child he's ever had. He might not be used to it, and trying multiple expressions of affection out on his tongue.
...snipped for emphasis...
I am pretty sure he has an older daughter from a previous relationship. So having a little girl shouldn't be that unusual for him to talk about.

Yeah, and the phone being missing makes sense.

Assuming that this is foul play (which I am), then you’re probably dealing with an emotional event.

If that’s the case, you’d find a man with a huge problem on his hands, and very little time to build a false narrative.

He can’t dump her vehicle, because that’s logistically difficult (without help). There’s just no time for that.

So you claim that door is open and someone took mom and baby from the house. You leave all her belongings behind to sell that narrative.

Logically, her phone should be at home, but perhaps he can’t allow for that. Maybe there’s something on that phone that he doesn’t want law enforcement to see.

Hell, what’s on that phone could have started this whole thing in the first place.

I'm thinking that phone data is critically important, or at least that someone believes it is.

Clearly , SC thought it was vital, as evidenced by the the fact that he showed up at the TMobil store the day after their disappearance.

The fact that the physical phone isn't needed in order to pull a treasure trove of digital information from it appears to escape a lot of people.

How long does it usually take to retrieve evidence from phone records, i.e, calls, pings, texts, etc., once LE executes a search warrant?

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes. The question was “what would you say to her right now?”

He cried, but then I saw a smirk. It was as if to say “I’m fooling you.”

It was quick, and it was subtle. It wasn’t as blatant as Chris Watts, and there was some real emotion behind it (Watts was like a robot).
Here's the deal, they have her dropping off at the school at 7:30, if this guy was missing from work at any point from that time until 2, he's toast.

What does he do for a living and where? I see the complex has a security gate, but haven't located any cameras yet. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor