TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I know LE needs warrants to search many places, so I would assume it's possible that the same applies here. I just wonder if that's why they're not searching the dumpsters yet.

It’s weird because a missing woman and newborn would seem to fit exigent circumstances for a concerted search without a warrant of the grounds of the complex. It bothers me that those dumpsters are just full and not being searched and not being guarded or anything. Anyone could disturb the contents.

I'm leaning towards domestic unfortunately .

From comments online regarding the apartment condition to the post on here earlier regarding police call outs to the address for domestics it's all pointing that way for me sadly.

I really hope I'm wrong and she and the baby safe

Just to clarify something, he said in his interview that he went to work and the last time they spoke was at 8 a.m. I'm 99% sure he means that he called her around 8 from work. If he works for a natural gas company, we have different hours. I work 7-3:30, so if he usually gets home at 2, he might start work at 5:30 or 6. It' s not really unusual since people in this line of work don't generally work 8-5. Chances are, he was at work before mom even woke up, and 8:00 is the first time they spoke that day. I didn't hear him say that the school called at 6, so I don't know where that info came from. If they did, I agree its weird, unless he spent that time calling her cell and her friends.
Thanks for sharing.

I am curious if he normally called HB in the morning....or was he trying to create an alibi.

Thanks. I know LE needs warrants to search many places, so I would assume it's possible that the same applies here. I just wonder if that's why they're not searching the dumpsters yet.

It’s weird because a missing woman and newborn would seem to fit exigent circumstances for a concerted search without a warrant of the grounds of the complex. It bothers me that those dumpsters are just full and not being searched and not being guarded or anything. Anyone could disturb the contents.
The only reason I can think of is because whatever evidence they have already uncovered is telling them to focus elsewhere. MOO

Just listened to the Kxan News broadcast again (first post/link on this thread) which confirms it was the dad that received the call from the elementary school (around 6 pm) that his son was not collected after school.

Also, the report said the school was 3 miles from HB's apartment. This sounds further from home than I expected and wonder if she recently moved to her apartment and didn't want her child to change school yet. Maybe the couple are recently separated??

Last edited:
They looked real to me. But other things appeared off.

As an aside, sometimes domestic abusers can feel remorse for what they did. And actually cry. I would actually venture to guess that the majority of rage murders or even revenge type murders aren’t by sociopaths. They’re by people with rage issues. Obsessives. Extreme jealousy. Etc. Inexplicably, those people can also feel shame or remorse even though they have the capacity to do the worst.

Often those are the ones who crack the most quickly during investigations.

So while a lack of actual tears or red eyes/face is telling, actual tears doesn’t mean a person is genuine in what they’re saying, IMO. I also look for eye contact, do they touch their face and where, how they phrase things, body language.

Gosh I hope she’s a voluntary missing. Every other scenario is terrible.
BBM:

I had the exact same read on SC's nonverbals in the video, i.e., it was really a mixed bag.

That was most especially apparent in the original live video feed, which the station unfortunately edited to shreds.

In that unedited, live video of SC, there's an odd amalgamation of seemingly authentic emotion and at the same time what appeared to be more intentional/staged physical gesturing.

For example, he appeared genuinely to be fighting back tears at one point..but he also kept rubbing the corner of his eye in a way that appeared completely forced/contrived.

SC didn't appear to be anxious or highly motivated to get physical descriptions of HB and MC out there.
He didn't appeal to the public on camera to be on the lookout for the two of them until he was prompted by the reporter to do so.

I also agree that with dv that escalates to murder, many abusers can an do feel actual remorse afterward for his/her actions. Not all abusers are sociopaths. The remorse of course doesn't mitigate their abusive behavior, but it does make them at least slightly more "human" than sociopaths.

The distancing language SC used r/t the baby in calling her a "beautiful woman" is distressing.

I don't think he could bring himself to acknowledge that she's a helpless infant.

JMO.

Last edited:
Location of the apartments shows there is a park and HEB/Papa John's nearby. Could it be that she went to HEB to get some essential item that was low in supply, she could have walked. Parking lot if it has any baby items lying around or any other item that belongs to her may provide a clue. Check of course would be from any surveillance cam at the grocery store as well.

Welcome koala8. Good idea :)

Sad but true. Some posters have questioned, if foul play were involved, why the baby would also be missing as she is too young to be a witness to anything...Well, in my mind, the two-week-old baby is most likely the key to why this entire scenario has happened. Just my opinion, though.

Exactly. That was my point.

Just caught up. My first question would be, were they living together or separated? If separated, it would explain a couple of things. If not separated, the timeline is questionable. Until we have more details it's difficult to figure out what may have happened. Regardless, I feel this is not going to end well no matter how much I want HB and the baby to be found safe and sound :(

When I was suffering from postpartum depression with my middle child, I did a number of things that weren't really crazy but just weren't logical. A couple of times I randomly went places that I normally wouldn't have gone. Like once I picked the baby up after work and drove 45 miles to a town that has a lake I liked to walk beside, and went for a walk. Got home just as spouse was getting home and couldn't remember where I had been. It wasn't really a blackout because it all came back to me later, but it made so much sense as I was doing it.

We'll leave out the parts where I was suicidal.

The time I almost just walked away from everything was later, with ordinary depression.

So I don't know what to think here. It's not sounding good, other possibilities are more likely, but it also just feels like the way I felt back then.

Forgive my lack of sleep addled brain - but I am unclear on something - I have read he came home around 2 pm yet also that the school or daycare called at 6 pm - and that after he picked up his son, he came home to an open door and everything of hers still there - then called police. The only way this makes sense to me is if they did not live together - so his “going home” at 2 pm was to his own place. Can someone set me straight?

Side note - IF he is involved, we know he knows how phone pings work generally...given his trip to the phone store to find out about hers. I suspect security cameras in town are going to end up telling this story.

@carbuff xoxoxo Glad you're here.

None of what we've seen sounds very promising for Heidi or baby Margot. At least if she is suffering PPD, there is hope, though.

The fiancee gave me the creeps. He was just all over the place in the interview. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt; stressful situation, newborn at home, and some people just don't interview well.

Heidi Broussard: Mom & baby still missing after mysteriously vanishing from their home in broad daylight

SABBM:

Carey told CBS Austin he last spoke to Heidi at 8 a.m. on Thursday. He arrived home from work at around 2 p.m. on Thursday and didn’t see Heidi or baby Margot. Heidi’s car, phone, and purse were left behind. Casey also said the baby’s belonging were left behind. There were reportedly no signs of struggle in the home.

According to NBC 9, Heidi’s friends said her apartment door was found wide open when Carey arrived home.
CrimeOnline reached out to the Austin Police Department, but they have not confirmed the details.

Has LE released what time the 911 call was officially logged?

JMO.

Heidi Broussard: Mom & baby still missing after mysteriously vanishing from their home in broad daylight

SABBM:

Carey told CBS Austin he last spoke to Heidi at 8 a.m. on Thursday. He arrived home from work at around 2 p.m. on Thursday and didn’t see Heidi or baby Margot. Heidi’s car, phone, and purse were left behind. Casey also said the baby’s belonging were left behind. There were reportedly no signs of struggle in the home.

According to NBC 9, Heidi’s friends said her apartment door was found wide open when Carey arrived home.
CrimeOnline reached out to the Austin Police Department, but they have not confirmed the details.

Has LE released what time the 911 call was logged?

JMO.
This is interesting to me because I have also read articles suggesting he found the door open after he picked up his son around 6 pm. Do we know yet which is his version? I guess I need to go back and listen to his interviews...

When I was suffering from postpartum depression with my middle child, I did a number of things that weren't really crazy but just weren't logical. A couple of times I randomly went places that I normally wouldn't have gone. Like once I picked the baby up after work and drove 45 miles to a town that has a lake I liked to walk beside, and went for a walk. Got home just as spouse was getting home and couldn't remember where I had been. It wasn't really a blackout because it all came back to me later, but it made so much sense as I was doing it.

We'll leave out the parts where I was suicidal.

The time I almost just walked away from everything was later, with ordinary depression.

So I don't know what to think here. It's not sounding good, other possibilities are more likely, but it also just feels like the way I felt back then.
Had she taken her car, I’d be leaning towards something like that being the strongest possibility.

If she left on foot, I’d expect witnesses and video footage to have turned up by now. There seems to be a pretty strong search effort, and still nothing.

It looks like everything was normal, until it wasn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member