TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One benefit of being local is that a good friend of mine actually knows SC and the son. She shared some information that plays into what we have all already been discussing. I’ll wait patiently until we can share more - but does anyone know if Texas is a state where prior arrest records are publicly searchable? Not that we can discuss any findings, but...yeah.

This is interesting to me because I have also read articles suggesting he found the door open after he picked up his son around 6 pm. Do we know yet which is his version? I guess I need to go back and listen to his interviews...

My concern is that these mixed versions of events may be originating from a single source.

As we all know, if that's the case, those kinds of inexplicable discrepancies are inexplicable for one reason:

They're false narratives.

JMO.

The only reason I can think of is because whatever evidence they have already uncovered is telling them to focus elsewhere. MOO
This is my thought as well. APD is not a small-town force unfamiliar with larger scale investigations of this sort. I think that they may have a pretty good idea of what’s going on.

Heidi Broussard: Mom & baby still missing after mysteriously vanishing from their home in broad daylight

SABBM:

Carey told CBS Austin he last spoke to Heidi at 8 a.m. on Thursday. He arrived home from work at around 2 p.m. on Thursday and didn’t see Heidi or baby Margot. Heidi’s car, phone, and purse were left behind. Casey also said the baby’s belonging were left behind. There were reportedly no signs of struggle in the home.

According to NBC 9, Heidi’s friends said her apartment door was found wide open when Carey arrived home.
CrimeOnline reached out to the Austin Police Department, but they have not confirmed the details.

Has LE released what time the 911 call was officially logged?

JMO.
Well, the devil is certainly in the details on this one. Did he arrive to "their" home/apt or "his" home if they recently separated. If he arrived to their joint dwelling at 2 p.m., the door was wide open, all her belongings and baby bag and car are all there and he doesn't see her and just hangs out doing goodness knows what until he gets a call from the school, he's got a lot of "splainin'" to do.

Definitely looking forward to more clarification on the timeline and details.

One benefit of being local is that a good friend of mine actually knows SC and the son. She shared some information that plays into what we have all already been discussing. I’ll wait patiently until we can share more - but does anyone know if Texas is a state where prior arrest records are publicly searchable? Not that we can discuss any findings, but...yeah.

Newbie here, and I was just about to ask this.

Had she taken her car, I’d be leaning towards something like that being the strongest possibility.

If she left on foot, I’d expect witnesses and video footage to have turned up by now. There seems to be a pretty strong search effort, and still nothing.

It looks like everything was normal, until it wasn’t.

Yeah, it would make more sense if she took the car--but maybe just setting out on a random walk with no supplies seemed reasonable to her at the moment.

You could say I'm grasping at straws.

You can search Travis County here: Online Case Information

It’s based on body language and tears. Criminals can indeed feel remorse but still prioritize getting away with something more. So they continue to keep quiet or deny or pretend.

However, those who feel remorse of some sort are more likely to come clean after a certain point.

In the Chris Watts early porch interviews his behavior was very off. He seemed much too casual about the disappearance of his wife and two small kids. It made most people immediately realize something terrible had happened.

But I noticed he swallowed hard a couple times when mentioning his daughters. The man is super disturbed and morally bereft as we’ve now seen but early on something about that made me believe he’s not a stone cold psychopath (like Patrick Frazee or Scott Peterson, for example), and I predicted early on (on the threads) that he would quickly confess.

He did quickly confess (partially) but he also implicated his poor, murdered wife and blamed her for the murder of his kids. That was horrible. And not at all what I expected.

However, he ultimately did plead guilty and did confess to all the murders.

Just those small throat swallows predicted that for me.

(As an aside, I’ll never forget the still shot of Watts you posted of him actually smiling on the porch. I saved that photo. And now every time I load my photos for some reason it comes up as “Best of 2019”)

Rsbm This guy did have some actual tears present. But were they sincere or were they crocodile tears? Who knows yet...

It’s interesting bc in here already some see “crocodile tears”, others see true tears and remorse. It’s like with “BG”, different perceptions.

ETA: I actually did a screenshot and zoom last night to see if I could see any actual “fluid” coming out.

I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling pretty certain where this is all pointing. The “door was open” and the plea to be on the lookout for “ a suspicious van” are pathetic and desperate attempts to create a narrative on the fly that the narrator foolishly hopes averts suspicions away from him.

JMO

This is my thought as well. APD is not a small-town force unfamiliar with larger scale investigations of this sort. I think that they may have a pretty good idea of what’s going on.
BBM:

Yup.

The silence from LE here is deafening.

When LE's this quiet, it's generally because they really don't need the public's assistance.

I think they've already put a lot of the puzzle pieces together.

Sadly, I think the picture they're in the process of assembling here is going to end up being a really tragic one.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members