TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify something, he said in his interview that he went to work and the last time they spoke was at 8 a.m. I'm 99% sure he means that he called her around 8 from work. If he works for a natural gas company, we have different hours. I work 7-3:30, so if he usually gets home at 2, he might start work at 5:30 or 6. It' s not really unusual since people in this line of work don't generally work 8-5. Chances are, he was at work before mom even woke up, and 8:00 is the first time they spoke that day. I didn't hear him say that the school called at 6, so I don't know where that info came from. If they did, I agree its weird, unless he spent that time calling her cell and her friends.

I also tend to think that he was at work earlier than 8 because of he was home, mom could have dropped of the older sibling at school without having to bring the new baby along. Baby could have stayed home with her dad if he wasn’t at work. MOO IMO

He’s referring to them in the present right? I still can’t find the original unedited video of husband/boyfriend speaking, if someone can link it... would love to see.
They looked real to me. But other things appeared off.

As an aside, sometimes domestic abusers can feel remorse for what they did. And actually cry. I would actually venture to guess that the majority of rage murders or even revenge type murders aren’t by sociopaths. They’re by people with rage issues. Obsessives. Extreme jealousy. Etc. Inexplicably, those people can also feel shame or remorse even though they have the capacity to do the worst.

Often those are the ones who crack the most quickly during investigations.

So while a lack of actual tears or red eyes/face is telling, actual tears doesn’t mean a person is genuine in what they’re saying, IMO. I also look for eye contact, do they touch their face and where, how they phrase things, body language.

Gosh I hope she’s a voluntary missing. Every other scenario is terrible.
Yes, so true. And the remorse they feel may not be so much for what they did to that person but what it means in terms of THEIR life. But very common for an abuser to cry or act out post offense. Not everyone is a sociopath.

Is there another Facebook for her? Sorry if I missed it and I will look for one, but I find it unusual that there are no pregnancy photos, sonogram, hospital pics, newborn pics, or baby shower pics here. MOO

Not so unusual in the last couple of years. More and more people (at least in my personal circles) are limiting what goes on social media, especially when it comes to their children.

Can I ask why you think so? IMO if a crime is committed (not that this case is one at this time), and the perp is actually remorseful, they confess and ask for forgiveness, no? (Rare but happens.)
There's a lot more to say on this one, but until LE speaks...

It’s based on body language and tears. Criminals can indeed feel remorse but still prioritize getting away with something more. So they continue to keep quiet or deny or pretend.

However, those who feel remorse of some sort are more likely to come clean after a certain point.

In the Chris Watts early porch interviews his behavior was very off. He seemed much too casual about the disappearance of his wife and two small kids. It made most people immediately realize something terrible had happened.

But I noticed he swallowed hard a couple times when mentioning his daughters. The man is super disturbed and morally bereft as we’ve now seen but early on something about that made me believe he’s not a stone cold psychopath (like Patrick Frazee or Scott Peterson, for example), and I predicted early on (on the threads) that he would quickly confess.

He did quickly confess (partially) but he also implicated his poor, murdered wife and blamed her for the murder of his kids. That was horrible. And not at all what I expected.

However, he ultimately did plead guilty and did confess to all the murders.

Just those small throat swallows predicted that for me.

Last edited:
Through friends of friends here. I just drove through the complex. The dumpsters are completely full...so no trash pick up likely till Monday. I would say the area is a bit industrial...not bad but there were 3 homeless (not unusual for Austin in many areas) sitting right outside the complex. Two men were sitting there drinking their 40 oz beers at 10:30 am. The complex has some one story units as well as 2 story....I did not see any police presence at all. There is a wooded area practically next door but I would assume that area has been searched? HEB/pawn shops/nail salons, gas station are right on that corner. Bedichek middle school as well (known to be not so great) She could easily walk to HEB and stores I mentioned....but I don't think that is what she did at all! JMO and it's a beautiful day here in S. Austin today!

ETA: maybe not so much industrial...just older feel compared to other areas. Anything close to I35 tends to be more run down and have this feeling.

thank u for the info.....it’s always so helpful to have a local person on the thread!

Stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway- do they need a warrant to search those dumpsters, @gitana?

Not stupid! I was wondering the same thing.

My recollection is once you place your rubbish bins at curbside for collection it becomes public and anybody can search and even steal your trash. I think it would be the same for dumpsters but maybe not.

I know it's different for trash you carry -- an example being cinched trash bags you're hauling in your car would require a search warrant.

I'm thinking of pregnant J Rothwell allegedly murdered by
her husband recently. Police searched the bin at the curb just hours after she was reported missing (they found store receipt for cleaning supplies and police able to view the store surveillance right away).

MOO

Not stupid! I was wondering the same thing.

Let me add that it depends on where the dumpsters are and if the court believes that they’re within a private zone. Because the Supreme Court has determined that searching through trash left out on a curb is okay without a warrant as it has been abandoned and is not within a zone of privacy.

But also, there are searches for people around the time they go missing that are deemed exigent circumstances and enable cops to go in places without a warrant because they aren’t searching for evidence. They’re trying to save a life.

Can I ask why you think so? IMO if a crime is committed (not that this case is one at this time), and the perp is actually remorseful, they confess and ask for forgiveness, no? (Rare but happens.)
There's a lot more to say on this one, but until LE speaks...
In the case of Chris Watts and Patrick Frazee there were no tears evident when asked about their missing family members.
This guy did have some actual tears present. But were they sincere or were they crocodile tears? Who knows yet...

It makes sense for the father to leave for work earlier than 8am. I guess that if dad only had to be at work at 8am he could take the boy to school and mom would be able to stay with the baby at home. We all just assumed that he left the house around 8am, but what he said was that he talked to her at 8am.

My recollection is once you place your rubbish bins at curbside for collection it becomes public and anybody can search and even steal your trash. I think it would be the same for dumpsters. It's different for trash you carry -- an example being cinched trash bags you're hauling in your car would require a search warrant.

I'm thinking of pregnant J Rothwell allegedly murdered by
her husband recently. Police searched the bin at the curb just hours after she was reported missing (they found store receipt for cleaning supplies and police able to view the store surveillance right away).

MOO

It's different than

Ha! Jinx. Yes. The Supreme Court has decided that. Dumpsters in an apartment complex might be different though.

If that’s really what happened I expect an arrest relatively quickly.
Heidi Broussard: Mom & baby still missing after mysteriously vanishing from their home in broad daylight
Snipped
KXAN reports that authorities said Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter, Margot, likely returned home afterward, at the Club at Summer Valley apartments off of West William Cannon Drive and South First Street, but at some point, disappeared. The apartment complex is around three miles away from the elementary school.

At around 6 p.m., the elementary school contacted the boy’s father, Shane Carey, and said no one picked the child up. Carey, who is also the father of Margot, subsequently contacted 911.
——-
My hope is there are cameras at the complex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members