TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is going to transcribe? I don't want to duplicate effort?
Feel free!

There is lots of important, clarifying info in the video.
I think they also say Texas Equusearch is coming in tomorrow.

He appears very believable here, imo, as if he was nervous and probably not completely sober in the first interviews.

Recovering from birth can be difficult.
Even an easy delivery can make you feel pretty sore for more than a few weeks.
Not to mention tired from lack of sleep.
I hardly think she wanted a 'new start' and ran off. :(
Imo.

It would be nice to be wrong and she just fled -- but agreed with others here-- why not take both children ?

If she was observed walking out of the apartment and around a corner-- was the baby with her ?

Hm, so your loved one is missing, the phone rings, and you just laugh and turn it off?

Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

(Can someone embed this here if it hasn't been already? It's the full interview)
THX! I hadn't seen this one.
Not that he's the perp, but did he seem to laugh a couple times from 7:00ish on.
I guess it would be nervous laughter from being interviewed....

The son was supposed to be picked up at 2-something, right? If, indeed, there was arguing between 3-4pm, wouldn't HB have left to get her son by then? Maybe the arguing was between "the perp" and someone who might not have wanted to be involved in whatever happened earlier? ETA: If HB was involved in the argument, it was a serious enough argument to keep her from picking up her son.
NO, the son wasn't supposed to be picked up at 2. School is out at 2:45 but he attends after school program. He can be picked up anytime before 6 pm.

I think things are closing in. LE knows. No PCs, no updates, no requests for tips, silence. imo
I sure hope so, or it is the height of incompetence. I mean, a 2-week-old baby missing for 24-48 hours could be doomed. We haven't seen an Amber Alert. We haven't seen it all over the news. I live a few hours' north of Austin and haven't heard much about it.

Heidi's mother drove straight to town from Louisiana as soon as she heard about her daughter and granddaughter being missing and met with detectives. I would think that she would be all over the news if she didn't think that enough was being done. Time is of the essence. They have been missing since Thursday. It is now Sunday.

I do not believe that Heidi just left. I believe that her phone was turned off and thrown away to hide the evidence of the last place she had been. The police should be able to get her phone records from her phone company to see where it last pinged.

Of course, her boyfriend is saying that it was turned off, which would possibly mean that she could have been kidnapped with the kidnapper shutting off the phone right away. It just seems strange to me that the kidnapper had the foresight to grab her, the baby and her phone but nothing else.

Last edited:
But, wait. When did she tell him about the books she bought at the book fair?
SC says that she told him she spent $25 on books when she called him at approx. 8:15 a.m.

I think this is also the first time I've heard that her keys were missing. (I may have forgotten that detail?) Also, her car was unlocked and he says that is unusual for her.

Car unlocked, keys missing... Did something happen as she was trying to get into her car? MOO

Recovering from birth can be difficult.
Even an easy delivery can make you feel pretty sore for more than a few weeks.
Not to mention tired from lack of sleep.
I hardly think she wanted a 'new start' and ran off. :(
Imo.

It would be nice to be wrong and she just fled -- but agreed with others here-- why not take both children ?

If she was observed walking out of the apartment and around a corner-- was the baby with her ?

Yes, recovering from birth can be difficult. For both parents. Adapting to new sleep patterns, feeding patterns, baby's needs, etc. Annoyance, lack of sleep, spontaneous temper outbursts, stress, attention jealousy, tiredness, etc could result in bad things. We have seen this in other cases.

When she called him at approx. 8:15 a.m.

I think this is also the first time I've heard that her keys were missing. (I may have forgotten that detail?) Her car was unlocked and he says that is unusual for her.

Car unlocked, keys missing... Did something happen as she was trying to get into her car? MOO

Didn't he also say her purse was in the (unlocked) car?

https://www.fox7austin.com/video/635540 the full interview. Posted 43 minutes ago from FOX

The boyfriend of an Austin missing woman and her two-week-old baby is peaking out.

About this website
FOX7AUSTIN.COM

The boyfriend of an Austin missing woman and her two-week-old baby is peaking out.

Thanks for providing the link to this interview with SC!
For those who haven't yet seen it, it really is must-see tv.
Lots of new info provided.

Plenty to see here.

Of particular interest to me was the recounting of the last conversation:

"She called me around 8-somethin', uh, on her way home from the book fair to say she spent 25 dollars, I was like, that's okay..."

Money reportedly coming up in their last conversation prior to HB and MC's disappearances.
Flag.

JMO.

Last edited:
https://www.fox7austin.com/video/635540 the full interview. Posted 43 minutes ago from FOX

About this website
FOX7AUSTIN.COM

On this particular interview Fiance’states “ her purse and wallet were in the apartment “
Then not even a minute later says her purse was in her car and car was unlocked.
Can someone else listen and see if I have that correct?

Extremely unpopular opinion, but I just don’t see this being so obvious.. In the full video he talks about believing she was at a friend’s house in the same apt complex, so that must have been something she regularly does. This provides an answer to the question of “why didn’t he call police earlier” I guess I can go either way with this, but for some reason my gut is telling me something different happened.. I hate to even think of this but seeing as they were on an upper level apartment, in a busy apt complex, how would this work? I just can’t see being able to dispose of anything without people seeing? Though I also believe people are very much in their own worlds, so I guess it could happen.. I don’t know, guys, I’m all over the board on this one!!

Didn't he also say her purse was in the (unlocked) car?
No, he said it was upstairs. 5:48 mark. MOO

ETA: Then later says it was in the car. o_O
On this particular interview Fiance’states “ her purse and wallet were in the apartment “
Then not even a minute later says her purse was in her car and car was unlocked.
Can someone else listen and see if I have that correct?
Omg, he sure does. How confusing. :confused: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member