Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another, I wonder.

I wonder when exactly her phone was powered down as he states quite confidently that her phone was off when he called at 12 noon. If it was in fact "off" at noon, it would have gone directly to voice mail. I wonder if phone records indicate if the phone rang a few times before going to vm which would indicate it was not powered off at noon?

Man, I wonder a lot! Maybe I'm missing something and someone can sort me out :) Besides, we need something to keep us going during this dearth of information.

SC says that she told him she spent $25 on books when she called him at approx. 8:15 a.m.

I think this is also the first time I've heard that her keys were missing. (I may have forgotten that detail?) Also, her car was unlocked and he says that is unusual for her.

Car unlocked, keys missing... Did something happen as she was trying to get into her car? MOO

Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out
I am trying to think of who she would be most vulnerable to as she was coming or going from the car.

----A creepy neighbour?

----A vagrant lurking nearby?

----A roommate, angry with her?

----an Ex or a current lover, who is angry?

I’m jaded. I’ll admit it.

Yes. I saw something interesting the other day though. It was a 48 hours about a young female soldier who went missing after going to a bar she frequented.

She supposedly left the bar with a new male friend who worked at the bar (who was giving her a ride home) and disappeared.

Three suspects. Boyfriend (who said the new friend was creepy and warned her not to hang with him), new friend (who had a past criminal record including child molestation for which he served several years) and her husband.

Husband was interviewed on air. He claimed they were still together. (They weren’t. They didn’t live together and she was actively dating a new man). He seemed super shady to me. Fake in the interview. Stilted answers.

Her mom called him and asked: “Did you hurt my baby?” He hung up on her. Then called back and denied it.

I didn’t like his interview AT ALL.

He didn’t do it. It was the new friend at the bar.

I’m just throwing that in the mix here.

Last edited:
Extremely unpopular opinion, but I just don’t see this being so obvious.. In the full video he talks about believing she was at a friend’s house in the same apt complex, so that must have been something she regularly does. This provides an answer to the question of “why didn’t he call police earlier” I guess I can go either way with this, but for some reason my gut is telling me something different happened.. I hate to even think of this but seeing as they were on an upper level apartment, in a busy apt complex, how would this work? I just can’t see being able to dispose of anything without people seeing? Though I also believe people are very much in their own worlds, so I guess it could happen.. I don’t know, guys, I’m all over the board on this one!!
bbm
Agreed.

I am still figuring out the timeline.
(unverified at this time)

What if someone targeted her for her baby ?
And if she walked out of the apt., was it on security cams ?
Did someone lure her away ?

Eta : Austin dad pleads for safe return of his two-week-old daughter, her mother | KEYE

"....'I don't know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two beautiful women together,' Carey told the news outlet.
"If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around..."

Again the wording feels 'off'.
But maybe that's the way he talks and is just nervous ? Imo.

And I know--- it's not always the boyfriend or spouse behind a disappearance.

Father makes plea for missing Austin mother and her 2-week-old baby girl | kvue.com

".... Shane Carey said he's been with Broussard for nearly a decade and they have two kids together, as well as a third child from his previous marriage...."

Have to admit I found it odd that he's not on her FB page in her 'relationships' under 'profile'. Maybe HB is very private ?
Some people are private , about their relationships.
And that's fine.

Last edited:
I just can't see how she could have been killed in her apt, though, if she is deceased. How could a perp get her body out of an apartment during the daytime AND upstairs, no less.
Not unless the perp knew there was no people/cars around. But still....

bbm
Agreed.

If he noticed she was missing after he returned home at 2pm; who was he arguing with at 3 ?

Yes! So many questions, right?! Nothing makes any sense to me. I need more info!!

Thanks for this...a lot of info in this article that I’ve not seen elsewhere, good read!

It is a great article. How can there be an argument in the apartment at 3 if she wasn’t home then?

Also, I’m paranoid. And I’m a sleuther. And female. So I don’t really know how most would react.

What do people think? Are there many dads of new babies who would come home, find mom’s car and purse at home and diaper bag there, not call her and not freak out? Not call her and text her several times? And just casually wait all the way until 6:00 pm?

I just can't see how she could have been killed in her apt, though, if she is deceased. How could a perp get her body out of an apartment during the daytime AND upstairs, no less.
If foul play is involved, I don't think it happened in the apartment. Heidi may have been lured out on a pretext, or something happened elsewhere.

hi, all!!
i am so thankful Websleuths exists!! you guys can always be counted on in situations like this. thank you, all!!

i'm a local and was intrigued by this from the start.
i've only read a handful of articles on this. i was hoping they were found by now when i decided to take a look online.
i hate to ask, but can someone post in one post the timeline? there's so much more info here that were not in any of the very few articles i've read.

listening to the Travis County Law Enforcement scanner at the moment.
has anyone pulled up the call log on the APD site? it takes a couple days for a call to show up...

Welcome! Thanks for joining!

What if the perp was arguing with her, it got volatile. So the perp says let's calm down, we can work it out, let's go _______[fill in whatever lure used]......

And She willingly gets in his vehicle, thinking things were fine....?

bbm
Agreed.

If he noticed she was missing after he returned home at 2pm; who was he arguing with at 3 ?
bbm:
That's an unverified FB-rumour.

Not going to transcribe, I made bullet points

• SC wakes up everyday at 6:30 AM, he has to go to work first. He left for work.
  • Heidi woke up made lunches, dropped son off at the school book fair.
  • After the book fair Heidi called Shane around 8 something, on her way home from the book fair and told him she spent$25, Shane told her, that's ok. He told her I have to go because I was on my way out (he say's something, but for some reason, it's muted out?).
  • Pretty much I worked until 1 something, I got home around 2.
  • I saw her car, walked upstairs. She wasn't home and her phone was off. So I thought she was at her friends house who lives in our complex with her phone off.
  • She wasn't back yet so I went and picked up my son from daycare and brought him home, and he didn't finish his lunch. So he told me to grill it for him (wth?)
  • Then basically after a little bit I called my Dad, he said don't worry about it too much right now. I called her friends, no one had heard from her. So then I called the cops.
  • They came over here around 7:30 I think. Every since then, I don't know.
  • She's a great Mom, she needs to be back.
  • He tells reporter last time he spoke with Heidi was 8:15, he called cops at 7:15 or 7:30.
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

Sorry guys family is here for dinner can't finish, left off at 2:57 in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141