TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and the reporter also says she dropped her “fiancee’s son” off at school. From all other accounts he is her son too. These days I’m afraid we have to take what reporters say w/a grain of salt.

I often hate watching the TV interviews because the reporters are so awful. In the one where he's rocking side to side (ahem, who else did that?), I started at the beginning, got impatient with stuff being repeated, skipped a few minutes ahead to find the reporter asking the same questions.

I wonder if the mom of the eldest girl is in the picture, and if so why she is not raising the child. It's stated that this couple is raising the girl along with their own 2. Does that bio mom have visitation? And do the dad, Heidi, and the biomom get along? This is probably off limits, but just wondering.

Wow. So much to unpack.

Dude smiles a lot. A LOT. He smiles in interesting moments. Like when he describes the time he left the house when he last saw her. He got a bit silly for a second there. Also when he said he last spoke to his son in the morning. (Before...?) (I wish someone would compile a list of what he was saying when he smiled).

But he smiles at various innocuous times too like when he is expressing discomfort with being in the situation, expressing emotion, etc.

He even smiled right after choking up about his dad’s cancer. And I believe he was real when choking up.

Some people do this when nervous or ashamed about emotion. However, I don’t think I’ve seen people in his situation smile and laugh except when they’re culpable.

His tears are real. He has actual tears rolling down his face and I don’t think they’re fake. They correspond with reddening of the eyes and face, which we did NOT see with Watts or Scott Peterson, etc.

I fee he uses distancing or objectifying language when asked what he would say to whoever could have her. “Just set her to the side.” I don’t think that’s how most people speak about a live human with legs that can walk.

Finally, I did not hear that he tried to call her at 1:40 pm. I heard him say that her phone was turned off when he got home at 1:40 pm. And that’s a bit more nebulous.

He specifically stated: “It’s been turned off, whenever I pulled up around 1:40. It’s its been off since then.”

Does that mean that he tried calling her then and tried calling multiple times after that? Or does he mean something else?

And why the hell don’t the reporters ask that? They ask the same questions and never delve. “Was she acting different that morning?” Okay. Good start. Now go further. “Did she shows sign of any depression? Has she acted oddly since the baby? Sad? Secretive? Said anything to indicate she was experiencing strange emotions?”

And what about, “Did you check her social media? Know if she was planning to meet anyone to buy something or pick something up?”

And, “Have the police questioned you? Have they obtained search warrants? What are they looking for?”

It’s very interesting that the station chose to publish the raw footage.

I felt he was sincere when he said he just wanted to get the word out. I also think if he’s honest about wanting to find them, he needs to get a PR person.

I won’t say what else I think he needs. Because it might prevent the case from being solved. But boy oh boy does he need it.

(I haven’t watched the video yet, going in now, but just wanted to say the posts about “smiling” remind me of Burke Ramsey.)

Jaded? No, just being realistic given the "Here we go again," syndrome we see all too often. JMO
I agree, the content of a message doesn’t mean much one way or another. To me, it will be more interesting to learn if the call is consistent w/habitual patterns. For instance, if someone typically calls during their lunch hour it means less IMO than if a lunchtime call is unusual.

No. And here’s the language regarding abductor description and/or vehicle, straight from your link:

• Has a preliminary investigation verified the abduction and eliminated alternative explanations for the child's disappearance?
  • Is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public to help locate the child, a suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction?
I spent a good deal of my career as a software developer. I'm not going to argue with you over semantics because, in the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter. OR means one of the conditions needs to be met. So, one doesn't necessarily need a description of the vehicle .

Maybe, the police could issue a BOLO. Would you be on board with that? ;)

I agree, the content of a message doesn’t mean much one way or another. To me, it will be more interesting to learn if the call is consistent w/habitual patterns. For instance, if someone typically calls during their lunch hour it means less IMO than if a lunchtime call is unusual.

that’s why I search high & low for photos/video of him online - he’s definitely not into either. I could find only 1 photo

DEC 15, 2019
Austin police searching for missing mother and newborn, boyfriend speaks out
[…]

“[Broussard is] a great person, she wouldn’t, she needs to be back. Her son needs her, I need her, her family needs her,” said Shane Carey, Broussard’s boyfriend, and baby Margot’s father.

[…]

“[Broussard] called me around eight something on her way home from the book fair -- said she spent $25. I was like’ that’s okay.’ I told her ‘I have to go’ because I was on my way out [to work] and I told you ‘I love you, bye.’”

[…]

Around 7 p.m. Carey called the police. “[Margot] has like the cutest little pucker lips, gorgeous little baby.” cried Carey. Calling his girlfriend and daughter “beautiful people, loving people.”

[…]

“It’s just the only thing gone is [Broussard] the baby, her keys and her cellphone, which has been off since I tried to call her at 1:40,” Carey said.

Carey, says he is working around the clock to find answers. “Not knowing what to do is the hardest part. I don’t know where she’s at, I don’t know if she’s suffering, I don’t know anything, and I can’t help. I’m helpless, and that’s the worst feeling in the world, is to be helpless.”

He is asking the public, to share their case, “It only takes one second for her family to be happy, just one second.”

[…]

The

The woman asking the questions is on the phone. The KVUE cameraman is directing him. His dad is in the room too.
I thought the cameraman was a bit harsh actually. How is he to know whether the dad was sincere or not, hiding something or not, during a traumatic and difficult event. What did it matter that dad's phone was showing in the picture a bit, or whether he was sitting, standing or swaying?

A lot of times there are just washer/dryer hookups in apartments so if tenant doesn’t own a washer and dryer they still have to use communal laundry facilities.

If you take DV out of the equation I like the laundry hypothesis, because it would explain leaving the apt w/just the baby and cell phone...

I suppose it can be done but it is certainly not an ideal thing to do while carrying a baby without a carrier.

So Heidi is 150 pounds. Just noting for the record.

Source:

Heidi Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter Margot Carey were last seen Thursday a 7:30 a.m. when Broussard dropped off another child at Cowan Elementary School. Police believe they returned to their home near West William Cannon Drive and South First Street afterward, but they haven’t been seen since.

Broussard is 33 years old, 5-foot-3, 150 pounds with long, dark hair with highlights.

Mom and 2-week-old baby missing, last seen in South Austin

Heidi-and-baby.jpg

Fair point but, as a lawyer, you also know that isn't proof that nobody does.

Praise God that I've been NOT been in such a situation but I did have a laughing attack while on the witness stand. I'm so embarrassed to even admit it! I was 18, it was car accident case, I was a nervous wreck with a stone faced jury staring at me. Totally humiliating AND my friend lost her case. I realize that's not comparable, though, and don't mean to minimize your observations. I noticed it, too, and I'm not sure what to think. Gut reaction was very suspicious while my nature is always to give the benefit of the doubt (which hasn't always worked in my favor, I might add).

No, it is not evidence but it is very telling.

So it will be interesting to see where TES searches. If they search close by, then this may be a standard type perimeter search. However, if they conduct their search in some random place further out, then we know they’re likely working off a ping or something which gives them reason to search there, as we know that TES works directly with leads from LE as to where they conduct their searches.

ETA:
The search location will likely not be divulged, if Tim has his way anyway.

Wow. So much to unpack.

Dude smiles a lot. A LOT. He smiles in interesting moments. Like when he describes the time he left the house when he last saw her. He got a bit silly for a second there. Also when he said he last spoke to his son in the morning. (Before...?) (I wish someone would compile a list of what he was saying when he smiled).

But he smiles at various innocuous times too like when he is expressing discomfort with being in the situation, expressing emotion, etc.

He even smiled right after choking up about his dad’s cancer. And I believe he was real when choking up.

Some people do this when nervous or ashamed about emotion. However, I don’t think I’ve seen people in his situation smile and laugh except when they’re culpable.

His tears are real. He has actual tears rolling down his face and I don’t think they’re fake. They correspond with reddening of the eyes and face, which we did NOT see with Watts or Scott Peterson, etc.

I fee he uses distancing or objectifying language when asked what he would say to whoever could have her. “Just set her to the side.” I don’t think that’s how most people speak about a live human with legs that can walk.

Finally, I did not hear that he tried to call her at 1:40 pm. I heard him say that her phone was turned off when he got home at 1:40 pm. And that’s a bit more nebulous.

He specifically stated: “It’s been turned off, whenever I pulled up around 1:40. It’s its been off since then.”

Does that mean that he tried calling her then and tried calling multiple times after that? Or does he mean something else?

And why the hell don’t the reporters ask that? They ask the same questions and never delve. “Was she acting different that morning?” Okay. Good start. Now go further. “Did she shows sign of any depression? Has she acted oddly since the baby? Sad? Secretive? Said anything to indicate she was experiencing strange emotions?”

And what about, “Did you check her social media? Know if she was planning to meet anyone to buy something or pick something up?”

And, “Have the police questioned you? Have they obtained search warrants? What are they looking for?”

It’s very interesting that the station chose to publish the raw footage.

I felt he was sincere when he said he just wanted to get the word out. I also think if he’s honest about wanting to find them, he needs to get a PR person.

I won’t say what else I think he needs. Because it might prevent the case from being solved. But boy oh boy does he need it.
bbm
Bumping this great post !

What the .... ?
"Just set her to the side..." ???
How did I miss that ?

Sounds like someone who's wife was lost in the Mojave. "... Just return her. And that's it."
This is getting strange.

So it will be interesting to see where TES searches. If they search close by, then this may be a standard type perimeter search. However, if they conduct their search in some random place further out, then we know they’re likely working off a ping or something which gives them reason to search there, as we know that TES works with leads from LE as to where they conduct their searches.

ETA:
The search location will likely not be divulged, if Tim has his way anyway.

Since there's no poi at this time; would LE know where her or his phone pinged ?
If they haven't looked at Shane's phone ?
Would LE have a search warrant for Heidi's phone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss