TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE hasn't publicly requested security footage, or asked for anything for that matter. Not to say that LE hasn't privately done so, but who is to know whether a particular business or home has video of Heidi walking or a vehicle or anything suspicious.
I find that a bit telling...
Seems when there is a possibility of abduction, especially involving an infant, LE speaks out. Also, there have been no warnings about a possible perp in the area.

I can try to find that article.
Admittedly I'd never heard about that before.

Might explain why dogs have attacked infants when they've been fine around teens and adults ?

This case bothers me so much-- maybe it seems worse because a new tiny baby is also missing ?
I'm struggling to imagine some random perp yanking Heidi and a baby into a car and wasn't seen nor heard by anyone ?
Like a normal day for everyone else in those apartment units ?

When puppies cry and the mother or sometimes father grabs them by the nape to take them to safety or to go feed or whatever, the puppy goes silent.

Clearly, a newborn would not in that situation. But a dog would have the instinct to silence the baby to protect it from predators.

My take on the phone call issue.... the interview is being done over the cell phone. Originally the phone is sitting on something and he's having a hard time hearing the interviewer's questions. He bends over to pick it up and is holding it in his hand while he is swaying back and forth. The cameraman reminds him several times to hold the phone lower because it is in the picture and they don't want it seen.

Excellent post.^^^

I think that we can "theorize" about what may have happened and since the boyfriend gave interviews and put himself out there in the public eye.
My opinion is that he should've pleaded and begged MORE for Heidi's safe return.
He didn't mention her by name very much past the first interview.
But that's my take on him.
I have been wrong before.
Will just fence-sit for now.
IIRC, many of us had a lot of negative impressions of Chris Watts when he gave that interview on the porch, and we expressed them.

I <3 you, Margarita.

I agree about being all over the board. He didn’t look as guilty as I thought he would in the interview. He speaks about both of them in the present tense, he specifically talks about her great group of friends and how loved she is. He speaks about her and the baby very positively. He also looks like he’s been crying for days and hasn’t slept. Very different from the chris watts interview.

I disagree and all of this is my own opinion...

• The inability to stand or sit still is strange.
  • I see a genuine breakdown and him looking at the reporter when speaking about his dad but not when he is discussing his missing girlfriend and child.
  • He is unnaturally concerned with whether he is acting naturally or not.
  • I find the interspersed smiling inappropriate also. Look at what he is saying when he is smiling. Specifically at the 9:36 minute of the raw video, again at 9:48.
  • Covering his face is a defensive characteristic, and why when you're describing something you supposedly had nothing to do with?
  • He says something like, "she needs to be here" which is a strange way to say he wants her home and misses her.

I think his affect is reminiscent of Susan Smith and Chris Watts.

Last edited:
I found Heidi’s Instagram and a couple weeks ago she posted a photo and she captioned it “Postpartum” ... she’s smiling and looks great in the photo, (my opinion) Seems like a strange caption to me, but what the hell do I know.. and yes I understand that “postpartum” simply means the period of time after giving birth.. not necessarily depression of course! Just maybe an “artsy” type photo/caption ..
Link please.

Wow. So much to unpack.

Dude smiles a lot. A LOT. He smiles in interesting moments. Like when he describes the time he left the house when he last saw her. He got a bit silly for a second there. Also when he said he last spoke to his son in the morning. (Before...?) (I wish someone would compile a list of what he was saying when he smiled).

But he smiles at various innocuous times too like when he is expressing discomfort with being in the situation, expressing emotion, etc.

He even smiled right after choking up about his dad’s cancer. And I believe he was real when choking up.

Some people do this when nervous or ashamed about emotion. However, I don’t think I’ve seen people in his situation smile and laugh except when they’re culpable.

His tears are real. He has actual tears rolling down his face and I don’t think they’re fake. They correspond with reddening of the eyes and face, which we did NOT see with Watts or Scott Peterson, etc.

I fee he uses distancing or objectifying language when asked what he would say to whoever could have her. “Just set her to the side.” I don’t think that’s how most people speak about a live human with legs that can walk.

Finally, I did not hear that he tried to call her at 1:40 pm. I heard him say that her phone was turned off when he got home at 1:40 pm. And that’s a bit more nebulous.

He specifically stated: “It’s been turned off, whenever I pulled up around 1:40. It’s its been off since then.”

Does that mean that he tried calling her then and tried calling multiple times after that? Or does he mean something else?

And why the hell don’t the reporters ask that? They ask the same questions and never delve. “Was she acting different that morning?” Okay. Good start. Now go further. “Did she shows sign of any depression? Has she acted oddly since the baby? Sad? Secretive? Said anything to indicate she was experiencing strange emotions?”

And what about, “Did you check her social media? Know if she was planning to meet anyone to buy something or pick something up?”

And, “Have the police questioned you? Have they obtained search warrants? What are they looking for?”

It’s very interesting that the station chose to publish the raw footage.

I felt he was sincere when he said he just wanted to get the word out. I also think if he’s honest about wanting to find them, he needs to get a PR person.

I won’t say what else I think he needs. Because it might prevent the case from being solved. But boy oh boy does he need it.

I found him to be very credible.
He was self conscious but push through it anyway. I think he felt incredibly awkward. The rocking is self soothing.
He offered up no other suspects.
I found the part where he felt stupid pleading for her to return very telling, when he said, “she would never do this”
He prioritized her & the baby over playing some macho role of hunting down & seeking justice. He just wants them back.

But- I’ve been WRONG before.

I musta missed the part someone else posted about him not taking a call-I didn’t see that.

Everyone handles things differently, but overall a very odd interview. Not only does he mention the $25 spent on books, he also states she could only have $4 in her account and would give it to someone. Maybe money is an issue they had. Maybe he's just saying she is a very giving person.... time will tell.

Excellent post.^^^

I think that we can "theorize" about what may have happened and since the boyfriend gave interviews and put himself out there in the public eye.
My opinion is that he should've pleaded and begged MORE for Heidi's safe return.
He didn't mention her by name very much past the first interview.
But that's my take on him.
I have been wrong before.
Will just fence-sit for now.
Well, I fell off the fence :) But, if I am wrong, I'll be the first to eat my humble pie until the cows come home. If this was a stranger abduction, he deserves all the sympathy I can muster. I'm just not convinced of that at this moment. I have a strong aversion to people who lie. As I said earlier, if it's just a matter of hiding some character flaw, whether drinking or doing drugs that prevented him from looking for HB and MC, just admit your weak and less than responsible, don't lie about it.

I better sit on my hands again.

G roll forward in the video at link to 6:10, he does say he tried to call her.
Boyfriend of missing South Austin woman, baby speaks out

Got it. Yes he does. Okay. And I looked back at the other videos I could find and indeed found NO account of him saying that he called her at noon. So I was mistaken about that.

So he says he called her at 1:40 pm. Phone was off. Assumed she was at a friend’s in the complex. Could not have gone there between that time and 6 or he surely would’ve called the cops sooner. Right?

Did he try to call or text at other times after he got home? If there is a clear record of him calling her at 1:40 pm and his work alibi shows he left with just enough time to arrive home by 1:40 pm, that would support his account that he came home and found her gone.

Because if he came home and she was there, why would he have to call her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict