Identified! TX - Houston, 'Beloved Doe', 4-5, in apt dumpster, Mar'03 - Jose Martinez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so hoping that this will bring some new clues to this case. It is so sad that after almost 5 years, this child remains unidentified. Hopefully, the press will now pick this story up and it will get more exposure. I am going to send out the info to all the media contacts I contacted back in January. Here is the link to the FBI press release http://houston.fbi.gov/pressrel/2008/ho02042008.htm

Beloved Doe's story was just featured on Fox26 Houston local news.

Hi, we have just picked up the case of Beloved Doe on UK and multi-national websites. We will post any thoughts or findings to you on here as barb0301 appears to be doing so well passing information on to the detective in charge.

Little Andy certainly appears to be a fair match to the description of Beloved Doe (but there were so many possible matches for Baby Grace if you remember).

I am sure we will be in touch.

Hi, we have just picked up the case of Beloved Doe on UK and multi-national websites. We will post any thoughts or findings to you on here as barb0301 appears to be doing so well passing information on to the detective in charge.

Little Andy certainly appears to be a fair match to the description of Beloved Doe (but there were so many possible matches for Baby Grace if you remember).

I am sure we will be in touch.

Thank you so much Kizzbo. I am so grateful that Beloved Doe is finally getting some attention. I am in frequent touch with the detective and will be happy to pass along anything you wish me to, or put you directly in touch with him if you prefer. Thanks for all your help.

I just spoke with the detective this morning. Unfortunately, the number of leads have died down on this, and although they still have some to follow up, Beloved Doe (aka Amado Angelito), still remains unidentified. I think of this child on a daily basis, and pray for him to find justice.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]February 4, 2008[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]FBI HOUSTON PRESS OFFICE[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](713) 693-5229[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]www.fbi.gov[/FONT][/SIZE]

$20,000 REWARD OFFERED FOR IDENTITY OF “BELOVED DOE”
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) today placed “Beloved Doe” on its “Wanted – Seeking Information” list, along with a promise of a reward offered for information leading to the identification of “Beloved Doe”, his parents, or caretaker. “Beloved Doe” was the nickname given to an unidentified male child, whose remains were discovered in a dumpster inside the Willow Creek Apartment Complex, address 7575 Office City Drive, Houston, Texas on the morning of Thursday, March 13, 2003.
The Houston office of the FBI is joining the Houston Police Department and Texas Department of Public Safety’s ongoing investigation into the death of this unidentified child in the hopes of generating the information needed to solve this case.
“Beloved Doe” is believed to have been a white male, possibly of Hispanic descent, between 3 to 6 years of age. Evidence recovered in the case suggested the possibility that the child received prior medical treatment, perhaps at a hospital or other medical facility. A medical examination of the body indicated the child died of malnutrition and dehydration. No other signs of abuse or injuries were indicated in the report.
At the time of his death, “Beloved Doe” was wearing a white disposable diaper with bears depicted on the front. He was wrapped in a gray Afghan-style blanket and placed in a red and white checkered plastic bag. “Beloved Doe” had a surgical scar on the right side of his neck, two vertical scars on his abdomen, and a small mole on his right forearm. He had close-cropped hair, bushy eyebrows, and long eyelashes. His right ear was larger than his left ear.
Investigators have reason to believe there may be individuals who have information pertinent to this investigation, but for unknown reasons, have not yet come forward. Information about suspicious persons, vehicles, or activities in the area of the Willow Creek Apartments in March of 2003 could be extremely important to this investigation.
The Houston office of the FBI is offering up to $20,000 for information leading to the identification of “Beloved Doe”, his parents, or caretaker. Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000 or toll free at 1-888-FBI-IDEN (1-888-324-4336). For any information originating outside the United States , contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate.
Additional information regarding “Beloved Doe”, including the seeking information poster and photographs, are available on the FBI’s Internet Home Page at http://www.fbi.gov.
To see pictures click here:

beloved-doe.jpg

I can't believe anyone would treat their child the way this little boy was treated , then he was putinto a dumpster and thrown away like trash. He was neglected n life, I pray they find out who he was.

hi tigger3z. Welcome to WS.

Thanks for posting this. Another thread exists for Beloved Doe over in the unidentified forum. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57519

I think it's a good idea to leave this here..... some may read CC and not the other area.

hopefully this reward will bring in some new leads to identify this precious child.

Thank you cubby, when i read about beloved doe it brokemy heart howcould anyone do this too a child an djust throw htem away. I pray they find out who he is soon!

Today marks the 5 year anniversary since Beloved Does was found. Still, no identification. I spoke today with both the detective and the case worker from the state social services department. To this date, she still maintains his gravesite. I am hoping to visit his gravesite in the next few months and leave some flowers.

Leads are again drying up, after the recent flurry of calls generated by the award announced by the FBI. However, I understand that there is going to be a Spanish TV special, televised nationwide and internationally, shown in the next several weeks. They are in the Houston area now, inteviewing the detectives and social services agencies. I am going to speak with them this afternoon. When I get more info as to dates and times, I will post the info.

I pray that he will be identified soon.

RIP little angel. You have not been forgotten.

Last night, Univision ran a show highlighting the case of Beloved Doe, aka "Amado Angelito". I know that they had interviewed the investigators in the case, the social services rep that was responsible for his burial and FBI agents. I wish I had known when it was going to air. Hopefully, it will help identify this dear child, and find the persons responsible for his death.

Praying for resolution.

Last night, Univision ran a show highlighting the case of Beloved Doe, aka "Amado Angelito". I know that they had interviewed the investigators in the case, the social services rep that was responsible for his burial and FBI agents. I wish I had known when it was going to air. Hopefully, it will help identify this dear child, and find the persons responsible for his death.

Praying for resolution.

Hi, everyone
I saw the news clip on the little doe this evening. This may be nothing but it was a thought.. I heard them say that the right ear was a prosthetic ear.. that is the first I had heard of that, so I started looking that up to see what I could find..
Something called Microtia happens in 1 in 7,000 births. Highest rates are Asian, Mexican, few others. Right ear is most common. The child is usually 5 to 6 when they construct the ear. They use rib cartilage to make the ear.
sure sounds like this fits with little doe. They said an Otologist restores the hearing.. Im sure they would have checked with that kind of doctor to see if they had a little boy patient that never came back in..surely something could be done with this information.. JMO

Hi, everyone
I saw the news clip on the little doe this evening. This may be nothing but it was a thought.. I heard them say that the right ear was a prosthetic ear.. that is the first I had heard of that, so I started looking that up to see what I could find..
Something called Microtia happens in 1 in 7,000 births. Highest rates are Asian, Mexican, few others. Right ear is most common. The child is usually 5 to 6 when they construct the ear. They use rib cartilage to make the ear.
sure sounds like this fits with little doe. They said an Otologist restores the hearing.. Im sure they would have checked with that kind of doctor to see if they had a little boy patient that never came back in..surely something could be done with this information.. JMO

Hi Lionheart,

Where and what channel did you see the news clip on? I'd love to see it, if it's available online.

The Houston PD and FBI are holding a press conference, was scheduled at 2pm Central time, so should be going on now. Would imagine suspect will be identified then.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5727492.html

Police have arrested a woman they say is the mother of a 5-year-old boy whose starved and dehydrated body was found dumped in a trash can in 2003.

MaDana Martinez, 30, is charged with felony murder-injury to a child by omission, a first-degree felony that carries a maximum sentence of life in prison upon conviction.
read more at link

RIP Sweet Baby Jose.

I'm glad his sketch was finally recognized and an arrest made. I feel for the grandparents and the father.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle
Back