Identified! TX - Houston, 'Beloved Doe', 4-5, in apt dumpster, Mar'03 - Jose Martinez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the mother lied to dad about their sons well being, it's unlikely she would have given the father any info to check her story.
Considering she was denied bond, had to have a pretty detailed scheme planned to keep this from Jose's siblings...... all the while most likely knowing authorities were seeking info on her unidentified son.

I doubt even if dad asked, mom would have given him any real info on doctors, hospitals that were treating their son. also, with Hippa, who's to say he would have gotten far with getting any information.

And unfortunately, because "mother" and dad were in the US illegally, the dad felt like he had no legal recourse to find out any information on dear Jose. He had his hands pretty well tied I think.

I watched the show tonight, even though I couldn't understand it and the pictures they showed of poor Beloved Doe - Jose were horrendous. So much worse than I could have imagined. They were pics from the morgue, and made me cry. I'm hoping to get a friend to translate, then will tell you all here what the family had to say.

And unfortunately, because "mother" and dad were in the US illegally, the dad felt like he had no legal recourse to find out any information on dear Jose. He had his hands pretty well tied I think.

I watched the show tonight, even though I couldn't understand it and the pictures they showed of poor Beloved Doe - Jose were horrendous. So much worse than I could have imagined. They were pics from the morgue, and made me cry. I'm hoping to get a friend to translate, then will tell you all here what the family had to say.

Thanks Barb, maybe some news media will be translated and found online with what the family had to say.

I couldn't watch this. I only watched the a very little bit where the father said when he would ask the mother where his son was she would tell him not to worry because he was in the clinic. I took that to mean hospitalized. It looked, like the father was being interviewed from Mex. so if that is the case it may have been difficult for him to verify her story. Or he may have believed her and not thought he needed to verify anything. It's a tragic case all the way around.

I just went looking at the Aqui y Ahora site to see if they had anything about the interview and I can't find anything. I'll keep looking. There is a video, not of the interview but of the news, it's in spanish though, and I can't seem to link it here.

I couldn't watch this. I only watched the a very little bit where the father said when he would ask the mother where his son was she would tell him not to worry because he was in the clinic. I took that to mean hospitalized. It looked, like the father was being interviewed from Mex. so if that is the case it may have been difficult for him to verify her story. Or he may have believed her and not thought he needed to verify anything. It's a tragic case all the way around.

The father is actually in Houston too, along with the mother's sisters. She apparently had everyone quite convinced that she could see Jose once a week, on Wednesdays, and that she was the only one allowed to visit. I still don't understand. Probably never will.

The father is actually in Houston too, along with the mother's sisters. She apparently had everyone quite convinced that she could see Jose once a week, on Wednesdays, and that she was the only one allowed to visit. I still don't understand. Probably never will.

Yes later I found something to indicate he was in Houston, but wasn't clear if he was there NOW because of this or if he'd been there all along. If he's been there all along I think it's even more tragic because he could have insisted on going with her to this clinic and insisted he be put on the visiting list.........I know there was no such clinic, I'm just saying....if he was there all along he could have gotten to the bottom of all this much sooner. There were many options for that woman besides starving him to death. I hope she burns in hell.

Yes later I found something to indicate he was in Houston, but wasn't clear if he was there NOW because of this or if he'd been there all along. If he's been there all along I think it's even more tragic because he could have insisted on going with her to this clinic and insisted he be put on the visiting list.........I know there was no such clinic, I'm just saying....if he was there all along he could have gotten to the bottom of all this much sooner. There were many options for that woman besides starving him to death. I hope she burns in hell.

Yes, the father has been in Houston all along. So have the sisters. That is why I don't understand all of this. I'm guessing that because they are illegal immigrants, he felt he had no legal recourse to pursue getting visitation rights, etc. I don't know what kind of relationship they had. I do know that she had 2 other children by another man after she split with Jose's father. Jose's father had not seen Jose for 2-3 years prior to his death.

OMG, I had no idea about this. I haven't seen the news this week. I'm so happy to hear that there may soon be justice for this little one!

Rest in peace dear Jose.

barb0301 - where in Houston is he buried? I believe it was you that said you were going visit his gravesite.

He is buried in the Harris County Cemetery, in a pauper's grave. We are trying to get him a new headstone, and possibly moved to a private cemetery. I will keep you posted.

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I know this is old, but I just found it in my inbox, :( , thought I'd post for you all.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Federal Bureau of Investigation [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Houston Division [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SAC Andrew R. Bland III [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PRESS RELEASE[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=-1]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]April 24, 2008 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]FBI HOUSTON PRESS OFFICE [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](713) 693-5229 (713) 693-5015 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]www.fbi.gov [/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Tip Leads to Identity of "Beloved Doe":[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mother Arrested and Charged in the Case[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Special Agent in Charge (SAC) Andrew R. Bland, III and Houston Police Department Chief Harold Hurtt announce the arrest of Maria Dana Martinez, 30, charged in the death of "Beloved Doe." Martinez was taken into custody last evening by officers of the Houston Police Department and agents of the FBI assigned to the Violent Crimes/Gang Task Force. This morning, the Harris County District Attorney's Office, Special Crimes Bureau, filed charges of Felony Murder-Injury to a Child by Omission against Martinez. Tips from the public led to the arrest and the discovery of the identity of "Beloved Doe" as Jose Bernardo Martinez. Jose Bernardo Martinez was born on October 14, 1997. He was 5 years old at the time of his death.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]On February 4, 2008, the FBI placed "Beloved Doe" on its "Wanted-Seeking Information" list, along with a promise of a reward for information leading to the identification of "Beloved Doe," his parents, or caretaker. "Beloved Doe" was the nickname given to an unidentified male child, whose remains were discovered in a dumpster inside the Willow Creek Apartment Complex, 7575 Office City Drive, Houston, Texas, on the morning of Thursday, March 13, 2003.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The Houston office of the FBI joined the Houston Police Department and Texas Department of Public Safety's ongoing investigation into the death of this child in the hopes of generating the information needed to solve this case. The media coverage and public's interest in the "Beloved Doe" investigation was critically important in solving this cold case. The tips following Tuesday night's Spanish language network broadcast of Aqui y Ahora on Univision, specifically led to the identification and arrest. The tips came in to Crime-Stoppers and the Houston office of the FBI.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The investigation is still ongoing. Now that "Beloved Doe's" identity is known, we are asking for the continued assistance of the public. Anyone who has knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the life and death of Jose Bernardo Martinez is encouraged to come forward. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000 or toll free at 1-888-FBI-IDEN (1-888-324-4336).[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1]SA Shauna A. Dunlap[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Tel. 713-693-5229 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Shauna.Dunlap @ic.fbi.gov [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SA Patricia Villafranca [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Tel. 713-693-1933 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Patricia.Villafranca @ic.fbi.gov [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]FBI Houston, 2500 East T.C. Jester Blvd., Houston, Texas 77008 [/SIZE]

He is buried in the Harris County Cemetery, in a pauper's grave. We are trying to get him a new headstone, and possibly moved to a private cemetery. I will keep you posted.

Is there anything we can do to help?

Yes, thanks for asking believe, I was reading up, not familiar totally......I have relatives in Houston/Amarillo/Austin.....they would lend a hand if there is someting that you need assistance with, please post or email believe or I.

Yes, thanks for asking believe, I was reading up, not familiar totally......I have relatives in Houston/Amarillo/Austin.....they would lend a hand if there is someting that you need assistance with, please post or email believe or I.

Awww, thanks soooo much for asking. I am going to open up a memorial fund for him this week. I will let everyone know when I get it open. I was hoping someone in Houston would do it, but since they haven't, I will go ahead. Have talked to the detective and to the social service worker and they said that the family will be appreciative of ANYTHING we can do for baby Jose.

Hopefully, we will be able to get this done, and have a nice service for him. He also has 5 siblings that are going to need help of some sort. not sure yet what is going to happen with them, but am keeping updated. Am hoping to get in touch personally with Jose's father.

You are all wonderful. :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Awww, thanks soooo much for asking. I am going to open up a memorial fund for him this week. I will let everyone know when I get it open. I was hoping someone in Houston would do it, but since they haven't, I will go ahead. Have talked to the detective and to the social service worker and they said that the family will be appreciative of ANYTHING we can do for baby Jose.

Hopefully, we will be able to get this done, and have a nice service for him. He also has 5 siblings that are going to need help of some sort. not sure yet what is going to happen with them, but am keeping updated. Am hoping to get in touch personally with Jose's father.

You are all wonderful. :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

I have family in Houston as well, and I just contacted them to see if they had an opinion on who to contact to get a story written or whatever to generate some funds....I will keep you posted!

Thank you both for your offers. I think we have a lot done. We have a donation ready to go that should pay for the majority of the funeral service, casket, etc. We also have a headstone donated. I'm not yet sure where we stand on a grave site, should have that answer in a day or so. Trying to get the father involved, and I hope he was today in making some of these arrangements. I may go over to Houston next week to help if necessary.

As we finalize everything, I'll let you all know. I have not set up the fund yet, but have had others ask me to go ahead and do it, so I will. If the full service is already paid for, they would like to donate a memorial bench to be placed by his gravesite. Any funds left over would then be used to provide Jose's siblings with counseling or other needs.

I'll keep you posted, as I may yet need to take you up on your offers.

Thanks, and many blessings to both of you !! :blowkiss::blowkiss:

Thank you both for your offers. I think we have a lot done. We have a donation ready to go that should pay for the majority of the funeral service, casket, etc. We also have a headstone donated. I'm not yet sure where we stand on a grave site, should have that answer in a day or so. Trying to get the father involved, and I hope he was today in making some of these arrangements. I may go over to Houston next week to help if necessary.

As we finalize everything, I'll let you all know. I have not set up the fund yet, but have had others ask me to go ahead and do it, so I will. If the full service is already paid for, they would like to donate a memorial bench to be placed by his gravesite. Any funds left over would then be used to provide Jose's siblings with counseling or other needs.

I'll keep you posted, as I may yet need to take you up on your offers.

Thanks, and many blessings to both of you !! :blowkiss::blowkiss:

Bumping to find out what is going on with this little love....

What did he look like in real life?

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of him when he was alive. All I have is the photo of his face from the morgue. I do believe that there is a pic of him when he was an infant, and I will try to get hold of that when possible and post it.

Bumping to find out what is going on with this little love....

I'm still waiting to hear from Jose's father. We have everything pretty well set up, just waiting on the dad to sign papers. I don't know if he is hesitant to do so because he is in the country illegally, or what? I will try again this week to see if I can get in touch with him, but so far, I haven't had any luck, nor have any of the others that have tried. I'm not giving up though, no matter how long it takes. I want to make sure this little angel has a nice resting place, with his proper name on his stone. We'll find a way to make it happen. I will be in the Houston area next month, and maybe I can get more done then.

Thanks to both of you for caring enough about him to ask. I'll keep you posted. This baby has worked his way into my heart, and he is always in my nightly prayers. :blowkiss: to you both !!!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of him when he was alive. All I have is the photo of his face from the morgue. I do believe that there is a pic of him when he was an infant, and I will try to get hold of that when possible and post it.

I'm still waiting to hear from Jose's father. We have everything pretty well set up, just waiting on the dad to sign papers. I don't know if he is hesitant to do so because he is in the country illegally, or what? I will try again this week to see if I can get in touch with him, but so far, I haven't had any luck, nor have any of the others that have tried. I'm not giving up though, no matter how long it takes. I want to make sure this little angel has a nice resting place, with his proper name on his stone. We'll find a way to make it happen. I will be in the Houston area next month, and maybe I can get more done then.

Thanks to both of you for caring enough about him to ask. I'll keep you posted. This baby has worked his way into my heart, and he is always in my nightly prayers. :blowkiss: to you both !!!

I think you are so wonderful...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaGitana
Back