TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think Smurfette looks kinda like Siera LaMar? Her hair's straightened but I see a resemblance. She's within 5'0 - 5'2, is about 110 pounds, and dyes her hair black (so her natural color might be brown). She went missing in California on March 16th, 2012 and police believe she was abducted.

tumblr_m1pkruflTe1qe24ndo1_500.jpg

I do!! I mentioned her to Dr. Derrick ruled out by dentals this morning!

What about Candelaria Perez? She is 17, 5'3, weighs 130 pounds, has brown hair, her hair is curly/wavy, she was last seen wearing a blue shirt, she went missing from LA County a little over two months before Smurfette's estimated time of death. I also think she looks a bit like Smurfette. Here is a picture of her; you can see her teeth and everything:

NAT_1266_1.jpg

Her NAMUS profile:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18786/15/

Just talked to Dr. Derrick,

"Inconsistent information was obtained by the reporter. Pay no attention to this article."

The reason that article struck me as odd is because I asked about her race one more time the other day and I got this response:

"We still believe her to be biracial, likely White with African American admixture. I don’t believe her to be Hispanic but I wouldn’t want to exclude any possible for that reason since it is only the estimate from my analysis of the remains."

Also I mentioned Sonia, we can't find her. She can't access FB so she told me to look there, I came up with NOTHING. A pat on the back to anyone that can find her on some sort of social network!!

Tionda ruled out by DNA.

Also I mentioned Sonia, we can't find her. She can't access FB so she told me to look there, I came up with NOTHING. A pat on the back to anyone that can find her on some sort of social network!!

Tionda ruled out by DNA.

I have e-mailled a contact at the Harris County Sherriff. I trust he will look into it.

Using the zipcode 77066 (from the address of Sonia's abduction), and then looking on the white pages, one can find 3 families close by with the last name Castanon. From there, looking on FB, one can finds several possible family members. Unfortunately I could not find any mention of Sonia. Perhaps the family was convinced she was a runaway?? No reply from Sherriff.

I am not sure she has an overbite? Any comments?

Hopefully your connection will give you some type of information, we need her dentals if she is indeed still missing.

Look at namus under DNA, if it says "sample submitted-tests complete" it is not our girl. She has a sample available and we would have gotten a hit(they run them every two weeks)so look for someone without DNA available and hopefully has dentals.

I see her in my notes but nothing is clear. She is mentioned in this article: http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/03/missing-texas-forty.html

And in this article: http://www.khou.com/news/Seven-Miss...-Parent-95238394.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=3&c=y

And then she is listed in this discussion post here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, Chasity Armstrong, +?, Houston area, April 2010 - Related?

Towards the end of that discussion thread, it is stated that Ali Lowitzer is the last one still to be found. Since information on several of the 7 girls is sparce, it is very possible that she slipped through a crack and is very much still missing.

Nice catch, HoustonMom.

ETA: I did a little digging and located her case #:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/120958881275924/permalink/332474530124357/

Case # HC10-0059119

Name: Castanon, Sonia
Age/Race/Sex: 15 / White / Female
Height/Weight: 5'03" / 115
Clothing: Blue T-Shirt, Blue Jeans, Green Jacket, Black Tennis Shoes
Details: Was last seen boarding school bus on the morning of 043010 and has not been seen since.
If you have any information regarding this person's whereabouts, please contact the Harris County Precinct Four Constable's Office Immediately at 281-376-3472
This poster is provided as a public service by Constable Ron Hickman

Is there a way to check her status with this data?

I found this and it has a phone number.
http://plusaddress.com/sonia-castanon-houston-2818930855

FB was pretty popular when I was in hs(@ 5 years ago)nowadays kids like twitter, maybe we can find her there??

I'm having issues with Candelaria Perez too. She's still a potential match since her stats match pretty well and NAMUS doesn't have any dentals or DNA on her, so the system can't immediately rule her out.

I can find very little on her. So little that my mentioning of her on page 15 is the top third or fourth result on Google that actually pertains to her case. I can't find her on FaceBook, Twitter etc. It's kind of amazing how little trace of her I can find online; I'm only a year older than her and my footprint is everywhere. You'd think she'd have a Twitter or something.

EDIT: @Lyssav: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, maybe Reddit, Digg, Blogger (used to be Blogspot), YouTube, LiveJournal and especially Tumblr are all worth checking out. MySpace too, but it's not used as much anymore. All those sites are VERY popular and think most teens in the US have an account on at least one of them. Sonia might go under a different name when registering, and if she has one username she uses on most sites, I think finding her other accounts would be pretty easy. I'll try to see if I can find something on one of those sites.

Also, a lot of my Hispanic friends were known to use mocospace, not sure why but a lot preferred it over other social networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay