TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second link has a different picture, gives you a better look at her face. IMO I think the nose may be a little too wide.

I just seen the nose too! Something a little interesting, she has two facebook pages apparently. The last time she posted on one, was September 26th of 2012?? I'll p.m it to you.

** Thankfully not missing

Has Ms. Parks ever been mentioned? Although her missing date is 10/12/2012, her picture caught my eye. I'm not too sure about the jaw, but I think it could be the angle of the camera. The bridge of the nose is very slender, chin is strong, and the lips protrude. 5'4" 120lbs, last seen wearing tan cargo pants.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...USVA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I mentioned her up thread a bit. She would have had to travel from Virginia to Texas in a short time. Apart from the distance I thought she was a good possibility.

I dunno if this girl is still missing, but she reminds me of the second approximation:
Meghan Kaufman
http://www.wcmckids.org/urgent/files/12-23564_kaufman.pdf

I submitted Meghan this morning, Dr. Derrick thought she was interesting. She contacted LE and fortunately Meghan was found safe and is home with family.
But the side by side of her photo next to the second approximation was amazing.

Just thought I'd share that. Meghan Kaufman ruled out.

Also regarding the national news issue, we need to start calling the stations as I haven't received any emails back. I asked Dr. Derrick if they agree to do the story who would they need to talk to, got this response:

"If they agree, they would need to contact our Public Information Officer at 713-796-6761. Her name is Tricia Bentley"

I keep thinking about those tests (I forget what they are called) which showed that she grew up in a specific part of Texas.

With those in mind, I think one of these scenarios applies to Smurfette.

1) She is a girl who has not been reported missing.

2) She has been reported missing but hasn't been compared because she doesn't fit the vital statistics.

3) She went missing at a young age and ended up in that part of Texas.

4) She went missing from a different part of the US, but she had lived in Texas until very recently

Personally, I'm leaning towards no 1, although I am patiently waiting for Tina Velasco's NAMUS DNA status to move to 'tests complete' to see whether no 2 might be right...

I keep thinking about those tests (I forget what they are called) which showed that she grew up in a specific part of Texas.

2) She has been reported missing but hasn't been compared because she doesn't fit the vital statistics.

4) She went missing from a different part of the US, but she had lived in Texas until very recently

Personally, I'm leaning towards no 1, although I am patiently waiting for Tina Velasco's NAMUS DNA status to move to 'tests complete' to see whether no 2 might be right...

San Antonio has military bases. Fort Sam, Laughlin, Randolf.... If her Dad was stationed there for say three years, she could be from anywhere.

I agree with you, I have had this strange feeling since the beginning that Smurfette has never been reported missing.

Also, we have to remember that the sketch is an approximation of the nose and lips, so if missing girls don't match the sketch perfectly that doesn't mean much.

The Samantha Bonnell case proves to us that the dates don't have to be perfect either, clerical errors or even people thinking they saw someone after the date they were missing can all lead to missed matches on missing girls.

I would love for us to find Smurfette, I do fear she has never been reported missing though.

San Antonio has military bases. Fort Sam, Laughlin, Randolf.... If her Dad was stationed there for say three years, she could be from anywhere.

If she had only lived there for a few years, would the test have shown where she had lived previously to that?

If she had only lived there for a few years, would the test have shown where she had lived previously to that?

I am not sure. Dr. Derrick actually had someone from Florida do the hydrogen and oxygen isotope testing(I guess it's his specialty). I found that information in an article, so I'm not sure Dr. Derrick would have the answer to that question.

I think if they could tell, they would have released that information too.

Kind of o/t. On the Erica Parsons thread, there was a discussion about underground networks of adoptive parents trying to "re-home" their children when they become too much to handle. It happens without any formal oversight, they sign a power of attorney, and hand over the children to a new family. So sad how these children slip through the cracks.

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part1

Kind of o/t. On the Erica Parsons thread, there was a discussion about underground networks of adoptive parents trying to "re-home" their children when they become too much to handle. It happens without any formal oversight, they sign a power of attorney, and hand over the children to a new family. So sad how these children slip through the cracks.

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part1

Read that story. Made me physically ill. :(

tcg

I just seen the nose too! Something a little interesting, she has two facebook pages apparently. The last time she posted on one, was September 26th of 2012?? I'll p.m it to you.

** Thankfully not missing

She actually has 3 fb pages. "Cici Taken" is her third and seems to be her current one. From what I saw, she was "locked up" until June 2013.

She actually has 3 fb pages. "Cici Taken" is her third and seems to be her current one. From what I saw, she was "locked up" until June 2013.

Thank you :) I wondered what the reason why she was missing so long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne