TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt think WCJD got much coverage in the media though, did she? Or not as much as we would assume based on the missing white woman syndrome thing

No...she is a forgotten child.....almost no media coverage....even people who live there (except for a few) remember this case (according to posts in this thread)

I agree with you about a lot of things you say....addicts, wasted, homeless people get a lot less of attention and are considered a "lesser kind of people" and that bothers me a LOT. IMO that's a bad thing...a wrong system....a wrong culture.... Every human being, every....no matter what bad choices you made in live...pretty or ugly, black or white (or whatever color), rich or poor...you are worth it to get the total attention and investment of being identified. There is no difference in dead.
Very well put. I often get worked up when I see all the injustices in society when it comes to how privileged people (looks, class, race, where they're from, etc) are prioritized. A human life is a human life. That's the bottom line. Every person deserves the same amount of compassion and care and specific circumstances should never determine that someone else's life was more valuable than someone else's.

No...she is a forgotten child.....almost no media coverage....even people who live there (except for a few) remember this case (according to posts in this thread)
And thus her "who cares" response when asked if her parents knew where she was. Too often children are put low on the priority list vs. addictions or new love interests of a parent. How sad that in death she has found many loving Aunties and Uncles who care - (here).

Amateur opinion and speculation

And thus her "who cares" response when asked if her parents knew where she was. Too often children are put low on the priority list vs. addictions or new love interests of a parent. How sad that in death she has found many loving Aunties and Uncles who care - (here).

Amateur opinion and speculation

Since I joined WS, I've noticed we are family to some of these John and Jane Does, and to even some of the MP's and their families who post here. That's why I appreciate Marcia King's family so much for recognizing, in the midst of their grief, that there were hundreds-if not thousands of people -who loved and cared for her, and searched for them, while she was Buckskin Girl. That's real grace in my book.

Since I joined WS, I've noticed we are family to some of these John and Jane Does, and to even some of the MP's and their families who post here. That's why I appreciate Marcia King's family so much for recognizing, in the midst of their grief, that there were hundreds-if not thousands of people -who loved and cared for her, and searched for them, while she was Buckskin Girl. That's real grace in my book.
That's what I like about this forum. Some of these Jane and John Does may have not had any family who would care to look for them, but they will always have this community who never gives up or loses hope and want to give them justice - despite the fact none of us has ever met or known them. I sometimes wish, at the bare minimum, we knew WCJD's birthday; I often find myself thinking "oh, I will take a little bouquet or something nice to her headstone for her birthday."

That's what I like about this forum. Some of these Jane and John Does may have not had any family who would care to look for them, but they will always have this community who never gives up or loses hope and want to give them justice - despite the fact none of us has ever met or known them. I sometimes wish, at the bare minimum, we knew WCJD's birthday; I often find myself thinking "oh, I will take a little bouquet or something nice to her headstone for her birthday."

I have been by there a few times to tidy up and place a few items. It always does my heart good to see that she has had many visitors. It really is a great thing. I am looking forward to the day she gets to go home!

I have been by there a few times to tidy up and place a few items. It always does my heart good to see that she has had many visitors. It really is a great thing. I am looking forward to the day she gets to go home!
I feel the same way. In the summertime there was a little white picket fence around the headstone and just a few weekends ago when I visited, someone had put a blue butterfly figurine on there. It makes me feel happy that so many people are still caring for her after all these years.

I was listening to a podcast and an older southern woman that they were interviewing made an off-hand comment about her background as being "oil-field trash" and that she spent the school year in 3 different schools because her father worked on oil fields. I know that it's been speculated here that maybe WCJD's family travelled around for work and she didn't stay anywhere long enough for anyone to remember her. Traveling fair workers were brought up previously, but I thought this comment about oil fields was interesting since Texas is known for oil.

Here are some photos of the old Rebekah Church/Teen Shelter,now the People Baptist Church.This place is like 8 miles from where I live.....I never paid attention but now I see it is huge,I can clearly see the housing buildings and they look a little old so I’m more then sure this is the original Church/building Lester Rolloff started back in the late 60s.From what I gathered from some of my friends that had contact with the Church,Mr Roloff was a real hard *advertiser censored* extremely strict.Not like a Jim Jones but more level headed tough love.From what I know many teens did try to escape.Anyway here they are,enjoy.

Attachments

• CFAB6967-5ED9-4EE7-90CA-19F67AE5497D.jpeg
    CFAB6967-5ED9-4EE7-90CA-19F67AE5497D.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 37
  • F6380BE5-EA96-4C03-A6C3-6DF147FF15C7.jpeg
    F6380BE5-EA96-4C03-A6C3-6DF147FF15C7.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20599B67-86FD-4980-9D50-5D1D5B1BC506.jpeg
    20599B67-86FD-4980-9D50-5D1D5B1BC506.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 643FB38C-E579-41AF-840B-05E8BB78E9A7.jpeg
    643FB38C-E579-41AF-840B-05E8BB78E9A7.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 9FB7A737-A121-4369-A10F-747355EE57AD.jpeg
    9FB7A737-A121-4369-A10F-747355EE57AD.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 32
  • C1B3662F-D920-41EB-8937-10A1463727E7.jpeg
    C1B3662F-D920-41EB-8937-10A1463727E7.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 31
I was listening to a podcast and an older southern woman that they were interviewing made an off-hand comment about her background as being "oil-field trash" and that she spent the school year in 3 different schools because her father worked on oil fields. I know that it's been speculated here that maybe WCJD's family travelled around for work and she didn't stay anywhere long enough for anyone to remember her. Traveling fair workers were brought up previously, but I thought this comment about oil fields was interesting since Texas is known for oil.
She could have been in and out of foster homes and no one cared enough to find her when she went missing. This is my best guess/speculation

speaking of adults that cause trouble for kids, Columbine is significant for me because like a lot of adults, my school panicked and invited me and other "odd" students in for a talk, and apparently put us on a list.

Do you guys ever wonder if we would get any more crucial or helpful details of if the two eye witnesses (lady at Hitch'n Post and manager at South End Gulf Station) were still around to be questioned again? Maybe they did ask them these questions and it just wasn't documented or included with the resources online but I wonder if they asked what kind of demeanor she had when she stopped in. I know we've speculated that she probably seemed to be in a rush since it sounds like she didn't stay long at either place. The thoughts that have been driving me crazy lately are what all the two eye witnesses were asked and what they observed and if the blue car she got out of was ever looked into or an attempt to track it down by LE.

Do you guys ever wonder if we would get any more crucial or helpful details of if the two eye witnesses (lady at Hitch'n Post and manager at South End Gulf Station) were still around to be questioned again? Maybe they did ask them these questions and it just wasn't documented or included with the resources online but I wonder if they asked what kind of demeanor she had when she stopped in. I know we've speculated that she probably seemed to be in a rush since it sounds like she didn't stay long at either place. The thoughts that have been driving me crazy lately are what all the two eye witnesses were asked and what they observed and if the blue car she got out of was ever looked into or an attempt to track it down by LE.

"We would love to get her identified, which would be somewhat of a win, and catch her killer. It just gets harder and harder to solve a case the older it gets. The three witnesses who saw her in Huntsville have all passed away."

Sheriff's Office reopens 1980 murder investigation

Here are some photos of the old Rebekah Church/Teen Shelter,now the People Baptist Church.This place is like 8 miles from where I live.....I never paid attention but now I see it is huge,I can clearly see the housing buildings and they look a little old so I’m more then sure this is the original Church/building Lester Rolloff started back in the late 60s.From what I gathered from some of my friends that had contact with the Church,Mr Roloff was a real hard *advertiser censored* extremely strict.Not like a Jim Jones but more level headed tough love.From what I know many teens did try to escape.Anyway here they are,enjoy.
Wow Great photos, thank you .. it's kind of creepy sort of like a compound. The buildings have very few windows.. I guess it's to prevent escaping.

Did anyone show the contacts from the FB page for Rebekah school the pictures of WCJD? Like either the reconstructions or the post-mortems and ask if they thought she was Angie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove