TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently tried searching through google groups to see if someone created a post on a daughter or sister who went missing in texas in 1980. I had no luck there then I checked out her facebook and saw some people in the comments saying the family members should be beat once she is identified, because “they would have done more if they cared about her” kind of messed up.

WCJD doesn't look 18. NO ONE thinks she was really 18 or 19.
I wouldn't completely rule it out. I'm an 18 year old girl and we don't look too far apart in age. Might also be worth noting that if she was beaten, the swelling may have made her look younger. I personally think she was between 14 and 16 but won't rule anything out.

I wouldn't completely rule it out. I'm an 18 year old girl and we don't look too far apart in age. Might also be worth noting that if she was beaten, the swelling may have made her look younger. I personally think she was between 14 and 16 but won't rule anything out.
I'm gonna be 25 this year and on could totally pass as 17-18 year old. Don't underestimate the power of "baby face". When I started my job as a teacher in high school I almost got kicked out out of staff's room on my first day, because I was mistaken for a student. But, on a more serious note: I think that WCJD MIGHT have been 18. Anything more seems like a stretch to me, but also... Girls looked different back then. I'm mostly leaning towards our Jane Doe being 15-17, 18 at most. Maybe a few months shy of her 18th birthday. Something like that.

I'm gonna be 25 this year and on could totally pass as 17-18 year old. Don't underestimate the power of "baby face". When I started my job as a teacher in high school I almost got kicked out out of staff's room on my first day, because I was mistaken for a student. But, on a more serious note: I think that WCJD MIGHT have been 18. Anything more seems like a stretch to me, but also... Girls looked different back then. I'm mostly leaning towards our Jane Doe being 15-17, 18 at most. Maybe a few months shy of her 18th birthday. Something like that.
I would agree completely with the 15-17 age range, 18 is the highest I'd go but it all depends! baby face is very real. I do think she was lying when she claimed to be 19 but that doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't around that age. Even now at 18, I might age myself up depending on the circumstances. Just wish we knew what her circumstances were.

My daughter is 27. She gets carded at the Liquor Store and when she and I go to the theatre to see "R18" movies. I told her to enjoy it while she can. :D

I think media/entertainment has skewed what we think 18 year olds looks like. We're so used to seeing actors and actresses who are in their mid-20s play teenagers we sometimes think actual 18 years olds look that old, when in reality they often look incredibly young, despite being adult by law. This girl could very well be 20 for all we know.

I would agree completely with the 15-17 age range, 18 is the highest I'd go but it all depends! baby face is very real. I do think she was lying when she claimed to be 19 but that doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't around that age. Even now at 18, I might age myself up depending on the circumstances. Just wish we knew what her circumstances were.

When I was 16 I always used to tell people I was 19. My reasoning was that if I got asked my age in a pub and I said 18 it might still seem suspect because that's what they would expect you to say. 19 threw them off a bit.

Didn't she claim to be 18? Not big of a differnce from 19, but I thought she said she was 18.

There was more to the age than her claiming to be 19 though, right? Some sort of medical analysis that narrowed her age to the 14-16 yo target?

I agree otherwise she could be older and simply look young. Most young women do not look drastically different at 16 than they do at 19.

Didn't she claim to be 18? Not big of a differnce from 19, but I thought she said she was 18.
The accounts I've read said 19 but I could be wrong. I've always thought there was a slight possibility she might have been 18 and said 19 to be on the safe side since, as someone else said, 18 can be seen as suspicious as it's the answer people expect you to give when lying about your age. If it was actually 18, disregard that.

There was more to the age than her claiming to be 19 though, right? Some sort of medical analysis that narrowed her age to the 14-16 yo target?

I agree otherwise she could be older and simply look young. Most young women do not look drastically different at 16 than they do at 19.
I've read that they'd revised her likely age to be 14-18

The accounts I've read said 19 but I could be wrong. I've always thought there was a slight possibility she might have been 18 and said 19 to be on the safe side since, as someone else said, 18 can be seen as suspicious as it's the answer people expect you to give when lying about your age. If it was actually 18, disregard that.

I believe I read 19 also. The waitress didn't believe her. She looks incredibly young in her autopsy photos. If I was asked to guess based just on them I would say no more than 14 but there's really no way to know :(

I believe I read 19 also. The waitress didn't believe her. She looks incredibly young in her autopsy photos. If I was asked to guess based just on them I would say no more than 14 but there's really no way to know :(
Ok, thank you! All this time I thought it was 18. If my memory is that bad at 25, then I don't want to know what's going to happen with me later, haha.

Here are some deep facts I have gathered about this Doe.

1. She was between 5'2-5'3 and she weighed 108 pounds.
2. She was more than likely born between 1964-1966
3. The Police neither confirm or deny they have the killers DNA, which usually means that they do have it.
4. The necklace found on her that hasnt been seen since her murder was probably taken by a police officer or investigator as a souvenir (not uncommon)
5. Just because no one in the prison said the recognized doesnt mean they are telling the truth, especially if they were showing them the postmortem photos.

Can anyone help in determining if these girls have been excluded? I’d imagine so, but I can’t log into NamUs at the moment. So many passwords! :oops: TIA!
I don't see them listed there, so my guess is they have not been ruled out yet!

I came across this one too, Kimberly Cozart. I've never heard of her. BUT if she truly lived the life depicted, almost like they were on the run or her mother lived pretty dangerously considering she disappeared to years before Kim, I could see why she would say "Who cares" when they asked about her parents. I know it says her eye color is brown and WCJD's were hazel, but I still think she needs to be closely looked at. Also, Kim's sister from what I understand was much younger than her at the time and I wonder if she really knows for sure her eye color. In the black and white picture of Kim, her eyes definitely do not look brown to me. Her sister provided DNA, but I don't know if the DNA extracted from WCJD was ever uploaded to NAMUS. I'm wanting to say that WCSD did not turn it over to NAMUS for some reason. Also interesting to note is that the necklace that WCJD was wearing is thought to have been taken by an employee at the Sheriff's Dept as a souvenir, I read somewhere. That's odd.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

3696DFCA - Kimberly Cozart

upload_2021-1-27_13-36-42.png

I came across this one too, Kimberly Cozart. I've never heard of her. BUT if she truly lived the life depicted, almost like they were on the run or her mother lived pretty dangerously considering she disappeared to years before Kim, I could see why she would say "Who cares" when they asked about her parents. I know it says her eye color is brown and WCJD's were hazel, but I still think she needs to be closely looked at. Also, Kim's sister from what I understand was much younger than her at the time and I wonder if she really knows for sure her eye color. In the black and white picture of Kim, her eyes definitely do not look brown to me. Her sister provided DNA, but I don't know if the DNA extracted from WCJD was ever uploaded to NAMUS. I'm wanting to say that WCSD did not turn it over to NAMUS for some reason. Also interesting to note is that the necklace that WCJD was wearing is thought to have been taken by an employee at the Sheriff's Dept as a souvenir, I read somewhere. That's odd.

View attachment 281452

Her mother disappeared TWO years before Kim, not to.

View attachment 281452
This is an interesting one. I hadn't heard of her either, I can see a slight resemblance though there are some clear differences. Even if she isn't a possibility for WCJD her case is interesting and worth looking into in general. The necklace being taken makes a lot of sense, I've always wondered about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia