TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no
Do any of the other details about her fit? I don't know about the DNA part, and hope someone answers, but if the age, location and so on match a missing relative--which technically your "grandfather's love child" would be--I would hope your family could come forward and be listened to. Is your grandfather still alive?
no my grandfather passed away in 2011

the love child would have been born within the late 60s. first i was told the child was in california and then they tell me texas. very confusing

how could i go about having my dna tested with wcjd? my grandfather had a love child that i have been searching for, for years and she resembles my family

This would be best accomplished by taking a DNA test with Ancestry.com. The test takes a couple weeks to process. When you get your results back, you can then download the results to your home computer, and then upload that file to GEDMatch,

The ancestry tests are ordinarily about $100, but they frequently run discounts, lowering the price to about $60.

GEDMatch charges nothing to join. If you want to use the advanced tools on the site, there is a $10 per month charge, but the basic tools are free of charge.

As far as I know, WCJD is still not undergoing forensic genealogy, but I suspect that eventually they will. I talked to Detective Bean a couple of months ago. He said they are working on something in that regard, but he did not disclose what specifically they were doing.

If or when they do decide to do FG, the GEDMatch system will be the system used, and if you take the ancestry test and upload it to GEDMatch, the kit will be there for comparison to WCJD and any other Does that are being researched.

ADMIN NOTE:

We do appreciate all our wonderful WSers who try to help by doing their own renderings based on original photographs. Unfortunately Websleuths does not allow any manipulations of official images.

Our own WS member (and UID Moderator) CarkK is a qualified forensic artist and is the only member allowed to provide his own artist renderings.

Thank you for your understanding of this policy.

<modsnip>

if anyone does have any old newspaper clippings or anything on her between 1980-1999 when she was exhumed let me know. I went to read up on some earlier stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you so much carl you broke it down and explained it to me in a way no one else ever has. thank you for your time and coinsderation
This would be best accomplished by taking a DNA test with Ancestry.com. The test takes a couple weeks to process. When you get your results back, you can then download the results to your home computer, and then upload that file to GEDMatch,

The ancestry tests are ordinarily about $100, but they frequently run discounts, lowering the price to about $60.

GEDMatch charges nothing to join. If you want to use the advanced tools on the site, there is a $10 per month charge, but the basic tools are free of charge.

As far as I know, WCJD is still not undergoing forensic genealogy, but I suspect that eventually they will. I talked to Detective Bean a couple of months ago. He said they are working on something in that regard, but he did not disclose what specifically they were doing.

If or when they do decide to do FG, the GEDMatch system will be the system used, and if you take the ancestry test and upload it to GEDMatch, the kit will be there for comparison to WCJD and any other Does that are being researched.

MOD NOTE:

It is a violation of TOS to request PMs on the open forum.

While it is fine to contact other members through the Private Message/Conversation feature of Websleuths software, it is not OK to ask for or discuss these private conversations in any way on the public forum. It is not recommended that any personal info be shared. Websleuths has thousands of members, and not everyone is who they appear to be on their online persona. Please be safe and wise about your interactions online.

Thank you for your participation on Websleuths. You are valued and appreciated.

CocoChanel

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Please remember we can't be posting pics of random people who are not officially known to be missing (i.e. linked to LE, NAMUS, Doe Network)

Some people just walk away and leave their current life behind. Some young people are runaways. IF LE takes it seriously as a missing persons case, there will be official information to support discussion; otherwise, without an official source, it's off limits.

This case just baffles me and I pray that she gets her name back and whoever is responsible for her murder is caught! I’m very familiar with the area in which she was found and I even worked at the Ellis unit...only many years later from when this happened. I have many theories as to why she was looking for the Ellis unit on this night and I’m afraid that she was a runaway from a girl’s home so that’s why she was never reported missing! My heart hurts so much for this girl!

i will tell yall the same thing a investigator said about the zodiac.... all the answers are on the internet.... people just dont know what they are looking for

This isn't the first time in Websleuths that we've had somebody crazily spot on in looks and even circumstances that turned out not to be a match. Won't be the last. I try to remind myself every time somebody finds a promising lead, but I still get carried away by hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member