TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re WCJD: "She had been sexually molested in the same way as the others. She had not been raped."

I haven't had access to Newspapers or the Startlegram for awhile so can't see the entire article. Are there more like this that were left nude, on highways, with evidence of "sexual molestation" but no "rape?" I know our terms are different now, but weren't there rumors (I'm not sure of anything official) that say WCJD was sodomized with a bottle or something?

I wonder if most of the local prostitutes were known to the police and a few other "unknowns" were just grouped into the article? Like I said, times have changed and this would not be the case now so it's frustrating how the cases are all grouped together with that headline.
I think “object” is the only description I have seen of what was used.
It might have been the writers hinting at a serial killer.

You could always go to the Walker County Sheriffs Department and ask for a copy of the original police report. Its a 50/50 chance they will share anything with you but its worth a try if you want to dig deep into her case.

I did find a article on Newspaper.com on a 26 year old who was in prison for strangling a 14 year old dated August 22, 1980. But I couldn't find nothing at all related to her.
That would be awesome if one of you guys could get the original police report, however WCSD don’t really strike me as the type of police department that would release that information. That opinion is based off everything I have read about this case on Websleuths (and some other sites). I would love to be proven wrong however.

That would be awesome if one of you guys could get the original police report, however WCSD don’t really strike me as the type of police department that would release that information. That opinion is based off everything I have read about this case on Websleuths (and some other sites). I would love to be proven wrong however.

Depends on what their policy on her is and who is working the front desk. LEOs here in the US kind of get a bad rep, especially now after all the protests and videos on police brutality. There are a lot though who are very nice and care about the community.

They managed to get a DNA Profile for the Boy in the Box, by sending the DNA to Europe. Wish they would do this for WCJD.

I'm convinced that WCJD is another Tammy Jo Alexander. Someone might have filed a missing person's report that is long lost. She may have been a habitual run away. I'm convinced that she was missed at the time and those searching for her eventually gave up.

Last edited:
She does have an incredibly similar smile, but I think Kathy told the brother that she was 14? I could be entirely mistaken though!

Didn't she tell the waitress that she was 19 though? And waitress didn't think she was that old? That would only be one year off her true age if this could be her. I wouldn't rule out based on the age someone 'looks' as my 27 year old daughter looks about 16 and gets ID'd every time she goes into the liquor store or when she orders a drink with us at a restaurant (legal drinking age here is 19).

Age has been revised to 14-18, but nothing mentionned of child birth. Are we certain that Sherry had a child - the missing poster doesn't mention that nor does her NAMUS profile. There's a photo of her holding a baby in her lap, but I don't think that infers the child was hers; looks like she's sitting in a backyard.

And correction NAMUS states Sherry was 17 when she went missing so she still falls within the new NAMUS age range of 14-18.
91UFTX (doenetwork.org)
Missing Person Case (namus.gov)

Last edited:
Didn't she tell the waitress that she was 19 though? And waitress didn't think she was that old? That would only be one year off her true age if this could be her. I wouldn't rule out based on the age someone 'looks' as my 27 year old daughter looks about 16 and gets ID'd every time she goes into the liquor store or when she orders a drink with us at a restaurant (legal drinking age here is 19).

Age has been revised to 14-18, but nothing mentionned of child birth. Are we certain that Sherry had a child - the missing poster doesn't mention that nor does her NAMUS profile. There's a photo of her holding a baby in her lap, but I don't think that infers the child was hers; looks like she's sitting in a backyard.

And correction NAMUS states Sherry was 17 when she went missing so she still falls within the new NAMUS age range of 14-18.
91UFTX (doenetwork.org)

A few pages back, I was absolutely thinking the same as you, but Carl confirmed that Sherry's child had been in contact with him for his help

91UFTX (doenetwork.org)

I only mentioned the age because a forensic anthropologist put her age estimate at between 14.5-16.5 years old. Just to clarify, she was 17 when she went missing, but her birthday is September 29th, so if it is walker county Jane doe, then she would have been newly 18 by Nov 1.

I didn't see any mention of her having a child despite the Namus photo of her with a baby. But I will say this, my mom had my brother when I was a senior in highschool. Everyone thought he was mine and that I hid my pregnancy well. So it could possibly be a sibling.

Disregard obviously if it IS her child as WCJD had no evidence of birth. But everything else looks good. Even the nose and face. Although, I don't see a resemblance to "Kathy" and I'm one of the few that never did.

Interesting.

I seem to remember discussions on Websleuths about it not being entirely reliable whether a woman had given birth or not as well? Perhaps someone reading knows what I'm talking about. It is early, and the coffee hasn't taken effect. Basically, it was another one of those "all bodies are a bit different" sort of things.

They said Julie Doe had given birth, she obviously hadn't as she was born a male.
WCJD's exhumation and further examination of her bones put her age at 14-16 if I recall correctly, but 17 isn't exactly a huge jump from that.
Worth a submission of course, cant hurt at all!

They said Julie Doe had given birth, she obviously hadn't as she was born a male.
WCJD's exhumation and further examination of her bones put her age at 14-16 if I recall correctly, but 17 isn't exactly a huge jump from that.
Worth a submission of course, cant hurt at all!
They were mistaken about Julie Doe, but she was in a decomposed/mummified condition when she was found. Walker County Jane Doe had been dead for only 6 hours. I assume there would be obvious signs whether she had given birth or not.

If I remember correctly it was something about pits on her hip bones (apparently a sign of having give birth, obviously not in every case though!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove