TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly it was something about pits on her hip bones (apparently a sign of having give birth, obviously not in every case though!)
Yeah, that's what they relied on with Julie Doe. I'm just saying with WCJD, her body was intact and not decomposed. They would have been able to tell definitively that she had not given birth when they examined her cervix etc during the autopsy - no need to rely on hip bones.

WCJD looks looks like a kid. A cis female in their very late teens would look much more like a woman.

I guess that alone is enough to rule out Sherry? Can't hurt to submit though if anybody wants to (I cant, I'm in the UK)

I”m still upset with that 1981 article using wink wink nudge nudge to leave their average reader with the impression that WCJD was a female prostitute like the adult women whose bodies had been found.

WCJD looks looks like a kid. A cis female in their very late teens would look much more like a woman.
I mean, not necessarily. I'm a cis female in my very late teens and I've recently had people mistake me for a year 7 schoolkid - that's age 11-12 in the UK! Some of us just can't seem to get rid of the baby face :(

I'm surprised the DNA Doe Project isn't working on this case. I will submit it for consideration.

Same! I'm 30 and people generally put me at late teens. Complete baby face. So I can see a margin of error of a couple of years being viable. Examination of bones is a little more solid as an age giver however.
Last I heard, someone else was working on WCJD's case, Carl mentioned it on Facebook I'm sure.

Same! I'm 30 and people generally put me at late teens. Complete baby face. So I can see a margin of error of a couple of years being viable. Examination of bones is a little more solid as an age giver however.
Last I heard, someone else was working on WCJD's case, Carl mentioned it on Facebook I'm sure.

I was off WS for a while and forgot that Carl setup a WCJD FB page. He did a great job on the updated recon! Not sure if he posted it on this thread yet. I won't submit her for consideration since another org is already working on her case.

Thanks for letting me know!

Is it possible that the waitress who gave directions to WCJD thought that she was lying because of her "baby face"? She could be 18-19 but her face made it seem like that wasn't the case.

I'm surprised the DNA Doe Project isn't working on this case. I will submit it for consideration.

DDP is very well aware of the case as many people have mentioned it to them. The CEO once said months ago on their facebook page that she knew someone else was working WCJD's case but she didn't elaborate further.

If you want DDP to take a certain case it's better to contact the agency anyway as they very rarely reach out to agencies at this point; they already have so many cases and agencies reaching out to them

I”m still upset with that 1981 article using wink wink nudge nudge to leave their average reader with the impression that WCJD was a female prostitute like the adult women whose bodies had been found.

From what I gather by reading old news articles, I'd say that LE back then really didn't put much care into solving cases that involved the hidden people of society (prostitutes, runaways, hitchhikers, etc). Partly due to funding (one article said that tens of thousands of missing kids reports went out each year in his jurisdiction, if they had investigated them all it would have eaten the entire budget plus some for kids that likely would return) partly due to a "just world attitude" (if they didn't want to be murdered they shouldn't have been hitchhiking)

Shoot! I guess that rules Sherry out then. An anthropologist definitely would have been able to tell if WCJD had given birth. Not to mention, if Carl has seen Sherry and hasn't put them together, then it likely is not a match. He's been hard at work trying to solve the WCJD case, so I trust his judgment.

I also have this issue sometimes, except it’s people thinking I’m 35 when I’m 28, LOL.

I only mentioned the age because a forensic anthropologist put her age estimate at between 14.5-16.5 years old. Just to clarify, she was 17 when she went missing, but her birthday is September 29th, so if it is walker county Jane doe, then she would have been newly 18 by Nov 1.

I didn't see any mention of her having a child despite the Namus photo of her with a baby. But I will say this, my mom had my brother when I was a senior in highschool. Everyone thought he was mine and that I hid my pregnancy well. So it could possibly be a sibling.

Disregard obviously if it IS her child as WCJD had no evidence of birth. But everything else looks good. Even the nose and face. Although, I don't see a resemblance to "Kathy" and I'm one of the few that never did.

I agree, WCJD doesn't resemble "Kathy" to me either but the picture of Sherry really resembles the picture of "Kathy" to me. I honestly don't think WCJD has been uploaded to namus or anywhere else yet

On the one hand, yes, the article was annoying.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she needed to trade what she had for shelter for the night. It would explain how she wound up in a trucker's cab.

On the one hand, yes, the article was annoying.

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she needed to trade what she had for shelter for the night. It would explain how she wound up in a trucker's cab.

We don't know for sure where she was killed at or if the girl at the truck stop was even her. The Doenetwork even states there is a possibility they might not be the same person.

“When the murder became known through media accounts, several people came forward and said they had seen a teenager matching her description the day before her body was found. It has not been verified that the girl was the unidentified victim.”

We don't know for sure where she was killed at or if the girl at the truck stop was even her. The Doenetwork even states there is a possibility they might not be the same person.

“When the murder became known through media accounts, several people came forward and said they had seen a teenager matching her description the day before her body was found. It has not been verified that the girl was the unidentified victim.”

Imagine, after all this time it was a different person. Crazy to think about!
If I remember rightly, the waitress viewed WCJD's body and said it was the teen she spoke to, I'm unsure if anyone else viewed her and not just photos. But I have a niggling memory that her body was displayed for a while incase somebody did come forward, thats why she was embalmed and not buried for a while.

Imagine, after all this time it was a different person. Crazy to think about!
If I remember rightly, the waitress viewed WCJD's body and said it was the teen she spoke to, I'm unsure if anyone else viewed her and not just photos. But I have a niggling memory that her body was displayed for a while incase somebody did come forward, thats why she was embalmed and not buried for a while.

Her PM photos were also shown to inmates in case anyone at the prison recognized her.

Her PM photos were also shown to inmates in case anyone at the prison recognized her.
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I've had a little sort-of-theory for a while now. Is it possible someone in that prison did know her - intimately, even - but denied any knowledge of her existence because she was underage and he wasn't? It's something that's been on my mind ever since I read that article (IIRC by a police officer involved with the case? wish I could find the link again) who said she told the witnesses she was looking for her "boyfriend".

Has it been confirmed that the necklace was given to someone as a souvenir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove