Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so sad that she has only that to mark her final resting place.

Nice to see that somebody has cared enough to leave flowers for her though.

Yes. It's heartbreaking, isn't it? She died so horribly, but she is cared about by people who never met her. It's nice to see the flowers, how somebody's little act of kindness could mean a lot.

I am considering doing a simple webcam YouTube video tomorrow about her, telling her story. Would anyone here watch it?

And they placed daffodils.

Daffodils Symbolizing rebirth and new beginnings, the daffodil is virtually synonymous with spring.

I am considering doing a simple webcam YouTube video tomorrow about her, telling her story. Would anyone here watch it?

There's always someone who watches it, plus people searching the name on YT would also find it in future; through random pathways we are all audiences of each other.

What is everyone's thoughts on why the killer left her shoes with the body? He got rid of her clothes but left the shoes? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had probably removed her clothes to assault her and disposed of them separately, but she was never wearing the shoes. When he dumped her body, he realised he ought to dump the shoes she was wearing too. Maybe he hadn't paid much attention to the shoes until the point of dumping because she wasn't wearing them.

*correction: I meant "dump the shoes she was carrying, too".

*correction: I meant "dump the shoes she was carrying, too".

I think she was probably killed by a trucker while in the sleeper cab, so her shoes would be sitting next to her. I figured he first dumped her body, and when he returned to the truck, her shoes and clothes were still there. He may have kept her clothes as some sort of sick "prize", but found no purpose in saving her shoes. Just a guess.

Maybe he was worried that traces of his blood or hair were on the clothes, so he kept them and destroyed them.

Now I'm thinking like shadowdancer said, that his blood, hair, etc. may have been on the clothes. So perhaps he burned them or did something similar. But since she was just carrying the shoes upon entering his truck, he probably figured what's the use in destroying them. Just a quick guess.

I think yall are right. I think him dumping the shoes with her means she went willingly into whatever vehicle (probably hitchhiking) because otherwise there would've been a struggle and she would've immediately dropped her shoes. And second, I don't think there was a secondary crime scene, so to speak, other than the sleeper cab because if there was, the shoes would've been taken inside and then disposed of. Just my opinion though.

I kind of think since DNA wasn't really a "big thing" yet, he probably just didn't want to fool with putting clothes back on a DB and or they were too blood soaked to dress her without making a huge mess of his own clothes or truck. But if that's the case, then why not just dump the shoes with the clothes? I don't know...

The shoes being off would lead to the possibility she was killed by a trucker. Crime of opportunity for him perhaps?

Most drivers, myself included will not wear shoes beyond the seat. All shoes are to be taken off and placed on a rug in front of the air seat. Shoes in the sleeper make things harder to clean.
So say a trucker picked her up, tjat could have happened at or near the truck stop she was sited at. And her found location nothing more than a body dump site along his way to his next destination. I have no way to look up and see where active weigh stations woukd have been along that route back in tjat year without finding a old rand McNally commercial version map from that year. He certainly would nit have wanted her in his rig at a weigh station.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

[video]https://youtu.be/hSTgj55-x3M[/video]

Here's the video. Let me know what you think.

Also, just FYI, I have a naturally very fast-paced and quick voice, to the point where my own mother sometimes can't understand what I'm saying. So I tried to slow it down a lot for the video lol.

Just a FYI .. Her body was found less then 5 miles from the reported last sighting.. I feel for sure a trucker from Hitchin Post picked her up.. There are tons of Piney woods in that area..( matter of fact there is a pine thicket near where her body was found.. ) can't say for certain it was there in 1980.. Somewhere I have pictures of all the scenes ..

Oh and now that I'm able to post.. I propose on Nov 1.. We all flood social media with her info.. Make our profile pics .. Hers.. And link and share all sights with info about her.. Ask our friends to share also.. If we can't give her her name by then.. At least we can recognize this day for her..

Oh and now that I'm able to post.. I propose on Nov 1.. We all flood social media with her info.. Make our profile pics .. Hers.. And link and share all sights with info about her.. Ask our friends to share also.. If we can't give her her name by then.. At least we can recognize this day for her..

Yes! That would be great! I will definitely be changing my profile pic to Carl's recon. And post articles about her. Even if we can't find her name we will make sure she is NOT forgotten.

And, perhaps, for that day we can also change our Facebook banner/covers to daffodils. Like the daffodils placed by her grave in the picture Addy'sMom posted. New beginnings and rebirth is a beautiful message for our girl.

Also...I left a message on the Websleuths Facebook page asking if it is possible to feature a story about her on the 1st.

OK...now I've mulled over the significance of leaving the shoes with her body. Also, what mia g said about her being 5 miles from the Hitchin. I've made a more detailed theory.

She left Hitchin by foot and walked a bit onto the road, and hitched a ride with a trucker. She got into the sleeper cab and set her shoes down on the seat beside her. She asked him to drop her off to Ellis PU, and he said OK. Minutes after, he pulls the truck over to the side of the road under a false pretense. Maybe, he told her that he wanted her help changing a tire. So she was about to climb out of the car, and then he somehow alarmed her or surprised her. I wonder if he could have fired a stun gun or something like that, not at her, but around her. He assaults her, strangles and beats her, all in the sleeper cab. It looks like he just pulled over for innocent reasons. Then, he starts considering dumping her body; he just throws (horrible, but it doesn't look gentle, or look someone trying to undo an act) her body out the side and is about to move on. He sees her clothes are wadded up alongside her shoes in the sleeper cab. He never touched the shoes, but he's worried that his blood/hair samples will be on the clothes. He tosses the shoes out of the side as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did dump her clothes in a dumpster in another state. I doubt her murder would be widely reported across the country, and I truly think her killer was an impotent trucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren