Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl,

I know LE seems to think that based on a preliminary check, Deborah McCall and Walker County is not the same girl, however, a new photo of Deborah was added to Charley today and I just can't shake the feeling that they are. Any further word from your contact?

Here's the link to Deborah's profile with the new photo:

http://charleyproject.org/cases/m/mccall_deborah.html

I saw that yesterday and now, I'm not so sure.

Unfortunately, in this photo (like the other forward-view photo), her hair covers the end of her right eyebrow, so you can't see whether she has a vertical scar there.

ETA: I tried calling him, but he wasn't in the office. I'll try again in a day or two.

I saw that yesterday and now, I'm not so sure.

Unfortunately, in this photo (like the other forward-view photo), her hair covers the end of her right eyebrow, so you can't see whether she has a vertical scar there.

ETA: I tried calling him, but he wasn't in the office. I'll try again in a day or two.

When I saw this admission I agreed that is was very strong. I too wondered what the rule out was. I hope it was on DNA, because if they are only looking at georgraphics (my mom and me are from Central Il. and my mom ran away to Texas twice once when thirteen, and my grandma had to fetch her). This was in the 60's so it is probrably easier to get from Illinois to Texas when McCall went missing. My grandma has mentioned it several times, not sure why she ran away will mention it at some point (my family is German and very frank). I do know that my grandma's side has some relatives in Texas but still thats a long way to go. Also I went to highschool with a girl that had slanted eyes (I attended a rural school in central Il with a largely German population) and kids used to joke about it. By the way the joking was done in playful way (the girl was well liked) no evidence she was of Asian decent and being it was a small community that would have probrably been aparent. One of my best friends that I meet in College is from Vietnam, moved to Chicago when sixteen and she does not have slanted eyes.

This case truly gets to me. I have been googling terms like "missing sister 1980" or "missing daughter 1979" for the past few days and sifting through all of the links to no avail. I'm pulling at straws hoping that someone missing this little girl may have posted an entry to some sort of forum.

More than likely, this girl is not on Charley, Doe or Namus. I still find it hard to believe that such a well-taken care of girl would not be missed by someone. I think I've read somewhere that a lot of missing persons reports were purged from the systems in the 80's. Is this true and why? Or something like Bambi Lynn Dick who was reported missing by her family, but was purged from the system when she turned 18 even though she was still missing?

I feel as though someone, somewhere is wondering where this girl is. They have to be. Maybe they think there is a missing persons report (even though it may have been purged) and they don't know how to use the internet (I know it scares a lot of older people - my mother is only in her 50's and can barely check her email, let alone do some sort of deep search).

Considering the above, can anyone think of any other search tactics? Thoughts?

The bit about where she said "who cares" when asked if her parents knew where she was suggests that she might have been from an abusive family or maybe a foster home or institutional setting.

When a child runs away from an institiutional facility, the people running the facility might report them missing, but they aren't as emotionally vested in finding the child, and especially once they turn 18, there is no interest in getting them back.

"who cares" says to me that she was angry with them or something. As if she didn't care if they were worried about her or not. Although that could apply to an abusive/foster situation as well. My guess would be that she was semi-local, and it was her boyfriend she was going to visit in jail. Someone her parents didn't want her associating with, so she ran away to go visit him. Perhaps an older boyfriend, who wasn't as serious about her as she was about him. He may not have even known she was planning on coming. Its possible he denied knowing her when shown the picture just to avoid getting involved.

All purely speculation of course. ;)

... Perhaps an older boyfriend, who wasn't as serious about her as she was about him. He may not have even known she was planning on coming. Its possible he denied knowing her when shown the picture just to avoid getting involved.

My thinking is that if he was incarcerated, and had any hopes of someday getting out, he wasn't about to admit that he had been having sexual relations with a 14-15 year old girl.

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 - 07:25 PM

A list of rule outs
Kristy Lynn Booth
Diane Gueze Dye
Rachel Elizabeth Garden
Corrine Anita Hagler
Gina Renee Hall
Adrea Laderoute (located deceased)
Angela Mae Meeker
Cecile Frances Moch
Sophia Felicita Moreno
Jane Lousie Puckett
Lauren Ann Rahn
Emma Lorene Vaughn

Unable to confirm or eliminate
Melinda Karen Creech
Brenda Crowley
Carol Elaine Donn
Kimberely Ann Kahler
Lori Jean Lloyd
Michelle Meredith Mulcahy
Deborah Quimby

I don't know if you guys got a list of rule outs. But I found this on http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=6658

it's alittle dated but I'll check the NAMUS and see if there are any others.

ETA: On Namus they only have Debroah McCall as a rule out.

"who cares" says to me that she was angry with them or something. As if she didn't care if they were worried about her or not. Although that could apply to an abusive/foster situation as well. My guess would be that she was semi-local, and it was her boyfriend she was going to visit in jail. Someone her parents didn't want her associating with, so she ran away to go visit him. Perhaps an older boyfriend, who wasn't as serious about her as she was about him. He may not have even known she was planning on coming. Its possible he denied knowing her when shown the picture just to avoid getting involved.

True, her parents gave up on her and let her go when she wanted to see him in prison and never come home. They might never knew she's been dead for long time as they never report her as missing. They wanted no part of her convict BF and didn't care if she ran away with him if he's free. She doesn't have living sibling(s)/relatives looking for her. That's sad.

We don't know she doesn't have anybody looking for her. Her family might be one of the ones looking everywhere and keeping hope alive, and just not managed to match up.

If the witness accounts are accurate, she doesn't say the friend is incarcerated, and nobody mentions telling her, "Honey, you'll have to wait to daylight for visiting hours." It sounds to me more like "at" meant somebody who worked at the prison.

My thinking is that if he was incarcerated, and had any hopes of someday getting out, he wasn't about to admit that he had been having sexual relations with a 14-15 year old girl.

I wonder whether it might be worth asking people again, now that the statute of limitations (or whatever the American equivalent is, if there is one) on statutory rape has passed? I can't imagine it would be a nice experience being asked about your girlfriend because she's dead and unidentified, and having to say "Nope, never seen her." Someone might be willing to talk if they know it is too late to get in trouble.

I wonder if anybody checked with the "Teen Challenge" organization there in Huntsville when she went missing to see if she had recently run away from there.

I took another look at the 1979 Aransas Pass HS Yearbook in Classmates.com.

On Page 6, there are several circle-shaped photos. In the group photo in upper left corner of the page and in the upper-left portion of the photo, I came across this girl.

(Removed per user request)

There is no caption to indicate what her name is, and looking through the class portraits, I am unable to figure out who she is.

Any chance that she is WCJD? She has a similarly wide forehead, wide eye-to-temple margin, small nose, squared jaws and small chin.

She also appears to be wearing a necklace with a pendant, although you can barely see it, and can't tell whether the pendant is rectangular.

Wow Carl, she looks a lot like the UID.
Can you post a link to the Yearbook page?

If not, can you post the pics side by side?

I can be of any assistance in contacting classmates through email at Classmates.com etc... to try and ascertain her name, let me know. :)

I would be happy to help any way possible.

She looks very close. I'd say it's definitely worth trying to contact Aransas Pass alumni to see if anybody knows who she is and whether she's still alive.

I located C.... A...... (who I mentioned in post #227 of this thread) in Facebook, and sent her a Facebook Private Message, which included the photo from the yearbook. Of all of the portraits in the yearbook, her freshman photo looks the most like the girl in the yearbook group photo, although I don't believe that she is that girl.

I briefly explained to her that I was trying to solve this 30-year old mystery, and asked her for her assistance.

I asked (1) if she recognized the girl in the yearbook photo, and if so, whether she has seen or heard from her since 1980 (or have reason to believe that she is still alive), and (2) if she recalls any of her female HS peers who might have had a boyfriend who was incarcerated, and has not been seen since 1980?

Last night, I sent out four additional Facebook PM's to Aransas Pass HS alums, and this morning, one responded. She said that she recognizes the girl, and she is still alive today. She didn't indicate her name though.

As a follow-up to my last message, here's a comparison between R...... B......... and WCJD.

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/20191/2853937590045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

If you can get your mind around the possibility that WCJD is Hispanic or Asian, R...... B......... could very well be WCJD. She has a similarly small chin, squarish jaws, curled lower lip, slightly upturned nostrils, and precisely the same hairstyle.

And she isn't listed in the Classmates alum listing, although the girl to her left in the yearbook with the same surname is listed.

ETA: there is a R...... B......... in Facebook who looks like an older version of the girl in the yearbook, and many of her facebook friends are from Houston. Although the name is somewhat uncommon, it is not extremely uncommon.

I looked up the girl next to R...... B......... with the same surname (G.......... B........), to see if I could find any indication that they were related. I found an online obituary for G.......... B........'s father, who passed away in 1999.

G.......... B........ and R...... B......... (with the same first name, but a different surname) are listed as a surviving daughters. They are in the same grade, so it looks like they are fraternal twins. They don't look alike.

So that settles the somewhat doubtful possibility that R...... B......... was WCJD.

BTW, I now know why C.... A...... did not reply to my FB private message. She is the girl in the group photo (according to the one woman who responded). It must be a bit unsettling to receive a FB PM from a stranger asking you if you are still alive. :blushing:

I thought they looked somewhat similar, but I didn't think they were the same person. :blushing:

ETA: I am removing C.... A...... and R...... B......... (and the side-by-side comparisons) from my Webshots account since they are no longer relevant to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling