Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized I quoted from the 1988 Mount Vernon Jane Doe thread too in my reply to ddg. I was really tired, LOL.

I'm sorry if this has been thrown out already...but is it possible she was a ward of the state? Back then the system was very different, and I could see a child being placed and then taking off with no one reporting it (for various reasons) and bio parents having no clue. Back then, before the reform, kids got "lost" in the system all the time. I guess, even if, that's not really as helpful, because I don't know how you'd go about checking.

Also, if she knew someone at the prison (inmate or employee) I could see someone her age taking off to go see them (for whatever reason) and not actually thinking it through (visiting hours or logistics).

At that age, you work off emotion, logic comes wayyyy second. Like she was carrying her heels, probably wasn't planning on walking miles when she put them on- I bet they hurt her feet. She didn't appear to have a backpack etc. with her, which means she either didn't plan this trip, lost her stuff or didn't own much. When asked about her parents, she said "who cares" (per the waitress anyway). So she had some negative emotion connected with the idea of either her parents or caregivers (in the moment anyway, and if the waitress story is legit). It was Halloween and she wasn't out playing pranks with friends, she was alone- and on a mission.

Again, my apologies if these have been tossed around already. I just saw this case on someone's signature and read through the thread and the website. I'm a social worker, so hearing that no one came forward, she was hitchhiking, looking for a "friend" in the prison, "who cares" in regards to her parents, maybe lying about her age etc. kinda made me think.

I'm sorry if this has been thrown out already...but is it possible she was a ward of the state? Back then the system was very different, and I could see a child being placed and then taking off with no one reporting it (for various reasons) and bio parents having no clue. Back then, before the reform, kids got "lost" in the system all the time. I guess, even if, that's not really as helpful, because I don't know how you'd go about checking.

Also, if she really knew someone at the prison (inmate or employee) I could see someone her age taking off to go see them (for whatever reason) and not actually thinking about visiting hours or logistics.

At that age, you work off emotion, logic comes wayyyy second. Like she was carrying her heels, probably wasn't planning on walking miles when she put them on- I bet they hurt her feet. She didn't appear to have a backpack etc. with her, which means she either didn't plan this trip, lost her stuff or didn't own much. When asked about her parents, she said "who cares" (per the waitress anyway). So she had some negative emotion connected with the idea of either her parents or caregivers (in the moment anyway, and if the waitress story is legit). It was Halloween and she wasn't out playing pranks with friends, she was alone- and on a mission.

Again, my apologies if these have been tossed around already. I just saw this case on someone's signature and read through the thread and the website. I'm a social worker, so hearing that no one came forward, she was hitchhiking, looking for a "friend" in the prison, "who cares" in regards to her parents, maybe lying about her age etc. kinda made me think.

Look at 2 famous Doe cases recently solved; 1979 Caledonia Jane Doe - Tammy Jo Alexander and Grateful Dead Fan, Jason Callahan; who has had a lot of media coverage. Up until recently, people didn't want to share WCJD's story/ album. I feel that the right person hasn't seen it.

I don't know--I feel that "Who cares?" may be being read too much into. If a runaway was asked by an adult if their parents knew where they were, I don't think they would say "No, they don't." If anything, it reads like an attempt to dodge the question--to me, anyway.

Okay, so I just spent... since about 6 PM (it's currently 2:15 am, granted I took a few breaks when my head started to spin) compiling (ALMOST.) every MP suggestion in here, similar for what I did for the Mount Vernon, NY Jane Doe. I skipped the ones that I thought were too far ahead -- anyone missing past 1980.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gd21OdYiFaDZWcAi9RKaQsNGe5HeQCzmCZuQPDBTHQk/edit#gid=0

Again, this was mostly for my own reference, but also for everyone in here's as well. I saw so. many. repeats. Hopefully this helps with any MP searching in the future -- if I missed anything (a submission, a detail you know, etc) please let me know and I'll edit it!

As for me, right now, I'm going to go sleep.

Okay, so I just spent... since about 6 PM (it's currently 2:15 am, granted I took a few breaks when my head started to spin) compiling (ALMOST.) every MP suggestion in here, similar for what I did for the Mount Vernon, NY Jane Doe. I skipped the ones that I thought were too far ahead -- anyone missing past 1980.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gd21OdYiFaDZWcAi9RKaQsNGe5HeQCzmCZuQPDBTHQk/edit#gid=0

Again, this was mostly for my own reference, but also for everyone in here's as well. I saw so. many. repeats. Hopefully this helps with any MP searching in the future -- if I missed anything (a submission, a detail you know, etc) please let me know and I'll edit it!

As for me, right now, I'm going to go sleep.

Welcome to Websleuths & thank you so much for working on Rule out/ suggested lists for WCJD & MVJD! Very much appreciated!

Or it may have been linked to other, non Texas killing field cases too. We don't know yet.

I don't know--I feel that "Who cares?" may be being read too much into. If a runaway was asked by an adult if their parents knew where they were, I don't think they would say "No, they don't." If anything, it reads like an attempt to dodge the question--to me, anyway.

Yeah, to me it seems like a flippant response a sassy teen would give an adult asking a question they find boring or don't want to answer.

I would have said something similar. I was a middle child, parents could care less where I was. At age 14 I was hanging out at the stop & go until it closed at night. I was also dating a guy in college

Merry Christmas--I am so sorry there's been 35 since you passed. I truly hope this will be the last one. :rose:

Happy Christmas to all you Websleuthers too, you all are such a lovely group of people.

I'm beginning to think the coastal area is a dead end... I think that members have done an excellent job at getting her picture and information in that area and spent hours pouring over year books...if she was a run away, she might lie about where she's from. She had no bags or clothing with her, one pair of high heeled shoes. I think she's from closer to where she was found. You would think that she would at least have had a backpack, purse or something. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to think the coastal area is a dead end... I think that members have done an excellent job at getting her picture and information in that area and spent hours pouring over year books...if she was a run away, she might lie about where she's from. She had no bags or clothing with her, one pair of high heeled shoes. I think she's from closer to where she was found. You would think that she would at least have had a backpack, purse or something. JMO

All it takes is the right person to not see it. Her recons have also been off.

I've thought the same thing too. The fact that only 2 different places from huntsville saw her makes me think she wasn't walking from other cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024