Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I showed the side-by-side comparison of Kathy and WCJD to my father. He's no expert at faces but he noted several very close similarities--the hairline, forehead, eyebrows, philtrum, chin, and nose. He was also very curious to see a picture of WCJD's ears, as he was trained in "Fradulent Document Training" so he learned about the importance of ears.

so I went to this video: [video=youtube;w8FloTcZdyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8FloTcZdyU[/video] and showed him the 3rd autopsy photo, the one that is not publicly circulated (it's more graphic than the rest). You can get a pretty good view of her ears there, and you can see some of Kathy's ear so he tried to compare it.

Is there a way to query prison transfer records in Texas?

Assuming the photo recently brought forward is of the UID, she was staying at a motel in Beeville, TX in April 1980 and said she was looking to visit a friend in Sugarland Prison.

Beeville is a prison town, ain't much more there. Why was our Jane in a motel in Beeville? It implies that she was there temporarily. Maybe she was visiting someone in prison and they were about to be transferred. Is there a prisoner that was transferred from one of the three prisons in Beeville to Central Unit in Sugar Land, TX (guessing since there is no Sugarland Prison) and then taken to Ellis Unit in Walker County?

A man claiming to be George Ossipo, assigned the case, wrote on the Hellbeasts website. I would copy and paste it, but my phone isn't cooperating.

He said the possible suspect was located in 2010.

It was George Ossipo. He and I emailed a few times. Link to Hellbeast - Mount Vernon Jane Doe's thread

I watched Crime Watch daily earlier today and it was about Cal Jane Doe.
I was screaming at tv cause they showed a man who was redoing many UID sketches, I knew instantly it was our beloved Carl!!
I just had my DH watch it also.

Congrats on your remarkable gift Carl.

Unsolved: Who killed Tammy Jo Alexander, aka 'Caledonia Jane Doe'? which links to another article Help Crime Watch Daily and Carl Koppelman give names to these 5 murder victims
1- Walker County Jane Doe
She was found on November 1, 1980.

Her naked body was found face down near the Sam Houston National Forest, a half-mile south of the FM 1696 exit near Huntsville.

She had been severely beaten: injuries included a bite mark on her shoulder.

She was killed by manual strangulation.

She was sexually assaulted with a blunt object.

She was between 5’0" - 6” tall and 105-120 pounds.

Her toenails were painted pink.

She had hazel eyes.
A manager of a gas station says she remembers a girl matching Jane Doe’s description enter the station at around 6:30 p.m. Halloween night and ask for directions to the Ellis Prison Unit.

Recognize this person? Submit a tip to Crime Watch Daily

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I can't seem to understand is how come only 2 locations came foward in seeing wcjd. I'm guessing if she was hitchhiking somebody else would have seen her and not only in Huntsville but in other cities aswell

Is it possible that whoever she was suppose to see, meet up with her later? Also in the new photo of the unknown girl that might be wcjd who else in in the photo with her? If they shown the full picture then that person just might be able to indentified themselves as her. (Please excuse the spelling)

Is it possible that whoever she was suppose to see, meet up with her later? Also in the new photo of the unknown girl that might be wcjd who else in in the photo with her? If they shown the full picture then that person just might be able to indentified themselves as her. (Please excuse the spelling)

It was the sister of the guy who messaged Carl with the story. The full photo is available on the Who Was Walker County Jane Doe? FB page, IIRC.

The woman in the photo gave the okay to share the full photo in the hopes that someone will remember.

This might not mean anything but I was watching Crime Watch about Tammy Jo Alexander AKA Cali Doe when they said something that made me think of something else. They say that Tammy Jo was part of a prison ministry and she also worked at a truck stop. What if WCJD was also part of some prison ministry too? Could the prison found out if they were any ministry that use young people?

Imo i doubt that it was the person she was going to see at the jail because her body was found very close to where she was last seen at the hitchin post so it could've been just somebody that saw she was alone and decided to do the horrible thing.

Imo i doubt that it was the person she was going to see at the jail because her body was found very close to where she was last seen at the hitchin post so it could've been just somebody that saw she was alone and decided to do the horrible thing.

My thoughts too--also, I don't think a very high security unit like Ellis would have frequent releases. I think they would be infrequent enough that someone would note the release when interviewed. Maybe not an inmate, but like a guard perhaps (they were all interviewed).

FWIW, I'm guessing that a) someone recognized her from the PM photo and kept mum because of a sexual relationship with an underage girl or b) the person she had supposedly been communicating with, was only communicated with through letters, and she wanted to surprise him with a visit. Just my own thoughts of course.

Or if she is Kathy, which seems pretty probable, then that would mean that maybe her 'friend' was transferred from Sugarland to Ellis. Since the photo was taken after April 1980, then it may have been her first time going to Ellis and that's why she wasn't recognized from anyone there.

I wonder if anyone from that era in Sugarland would have recognized her. But since that lead wasn't around back then, there'd be no way to do that of course, and most/all of the prisoners there are probably deceased.

This might not mean anything but I was watching Crime Watch about Tammy Jo Alexander AKA Cali Doe when they said something that made me think of something else. They say that Tammy Jo was part of a prison ministry and she also worked at a truck stop. What if WCJD was also part of some prison ministry too? Could the prison found out if they were any ministry that use young people?

I love this idea. I did a quick Google search of "south Texas prison ministries" and there were a ton. Will look into!

Or if she is Kathy, which seems pretty probable, then that would mean that maybe her 'friend' was transferred from Sugarland to Ellis. Since the photo was taken after April 1980, then it may have been her first time going to Ellis and that's why she wasn't recognized from anyone there.

I wonder if anyone from that era in Sugarland would have recognized her. But since that lead wasn't around back then, there'd be no way to do that of course, and most/all of the prisoners there are probably deceased.

I agree. I currently live in Houston and I've shown kathy's pic aswell as wcjd pm pics to people that have been around since those times and no one recognizes her and I'm from south texas very close to corpus and asked my family members but no luck either. I'm sure somebody out there knows her, it takes the right person to see it!

Is there a way to query prison transfer records in Texas?

Assuming the photo recently brought forward is of the UID, she was staying at a motel in Beeville, TX in April 1980 and said she was looking to visit a friend in Sugarland Prison.

Beeville is a prison town, ain't much more there. Why was our Jane in a motel in Beeville? It implies that she was there temporarily. Maybe she was visiting someone in prison and they were about to be transferred. Is there a prisoner that was transferred from one of the three prisons in Beeville to Central Unit in Sugar Land, TX (guessing since there is no Sugarland Prison) and then taken to Ellis Unit in Walker County?
I don't think it was a prison town then. McConnel openned in the mid 80's and the Garza units were mid 90's.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I can't seem to understand is how come only 2 locations came foward in seeing wcjd. I'm guessing if she was hitchhiking somebody else would have seen her and not only in Huntsville but in other cities aswell
It seems like she hitched into Huntsville. The story is she left the first gas station walking north on Sam Houston Ave. This goes right through a college town where lots of kids would be out for Halloween. So, who knows if she had hitched in from far away, and she would have blended right in near the University.

I agree. I currently live in Houston and I've shown kathy's pic aswell as wcjd pm pics to people that have been around since those times and no one recognizes her and I'm from south texas very close to corpus and asked my family members but no luck either. I'm sure somebody out there knows her, it takes the right person to see it!

Right, and that's easy to forget. Unfortunately, not everyone has seen her photo. But somewhere knows who this girl is...people don't live life completely unknown. All it takes is the right person to not see it, and it will take much longer to solve.

Hopefully, the right person does see it, and she can go home! I am so hopeful for this in 2016! She deserves her name and peace. And she deserves justice for an innocent life lost!

As I said elsewhere, the killer of our Walker County Jane Doe was likely very experienced at murder as he knew to jam her body cavities with her own panties and pantyhose so she wouldn't bleed all over his car and therefore no stains would be seen by people involved in his non-serial killer life.

Those are things that sex killers sometimes do without a reason beyond their own sadism.

Hi, guys. I somehow stumbled upon WCJD's story on FaceBook a few weeks ago and have been almost obsessed with giving her back her name. I'm almost caught up with reading through this whole thread and was wondering if anyone looked into Theresa Hammon being a possible match? I know the date is off but what if there was a mistake in doing the paperwork?

Hi, guys. I somehow stumbled upon WCJD's story on FaceBook a few weeks ago and have been almost obsessed with giving her back her name. I'm almost caught up with reading through this whole thread and was wondering if anyone looked into Theresa Hammon being a possible match? I know the date is off but what if there was a mistake in doing the paperwork?

Welcome to Websleuths, and thanks for joining.

Theresa Hammon does resemble WCJD somewhat. But even if you accept the premise that her Date LKA was six months off, I still think it's very unlikely that she is WCJD. her eyes are the wrong color, and she has a mole under her left eye that WCJD does not have. Add in that the circumstances of her disappearance suggest that she was a victim of foul play in California. It doesn't look like she wandered away voluntarily, much less to head to Texas to visit someone at a prison. If she did, she would have taken her own car and packed some of her belongings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member