Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I was so hopeful. LOL When I saw Theresa's picture, it was exactly how I imagine our WCJD to look. I didn't even bother to read anything. Sorry. Ya'll are an amazing group of people. Thanks for all you are doing.

As I said elsewhere, the killer of our Walker County Jane Doe was likely very experienced at murder as he knew to jam her body cavities with her own panties and pantyhose so she wouldn't bleed all over his car and therefore no stains would be seen by people involved in his non-serial killer life.

I do not believe those were her panty hose. Texas weather is changing in October/November but it is still warm. Jeans and panty hose seems a little too warm. Also, I do not recall ever seeing anyone wear panty hose and sandals in tandem.

So the killer had ladies pantyhose and a blunt instrument in his Murder Car. Since he can't have known that this girl would wander into his path... this is not a crime drama where the serial killer's murder spree will always end up being a battle of wits with the detective, psychological cat-and-mouse, rather than simply impulsive and opportunistic acts of self-gratification.

I do not believe those were her panty hose. Texas weather is changing in October/November but it is still warm. Jeans and panty hose seems a little too warm. Also, I do not recall ever seeing anyone wear panty hose and sandals in tandem.

1988 we did. Also knee high panty hose

I remember wearing pantyhose under my jeans, too. I wonder, though, if she was seen holding her sandals then she was walking around in stockinged feet? Would the investigator have noted if the feet of the pantyhose was torn and dirty? That would be one way to determine if perhaps they were hers.

It seems like she hitched into Huntsville. The story is she left the first gas station walking north on Sam Houston Ave. This goes right through a college town where lots of kids would be out for Halloween. So, who knows if she had hitched in from far away, and she would have blended right in near the University.

Yea that's true that makes sense but what I can't understand is how come no one else saw her let's say if she was coming from corpus or that area I don't believe she got to huntsville without being unseen by anybody else in other places.

Right, and that's easy to forget. Unfortunately, not everyone has seen her photo. But somewhere knows who this girl is...people don't live life completely unknown. All it takes is the right person to not see it, and it will take much longer to solve.

Hopefully, the right person does see it, and she can go home! I am so hopeful for this in 2016! She deserves her name and peace. And she deserves justice for an innocent life lost!

All there is to do is keep on sharing her story untill someone does see it. I also believe this is her year! Everyone has been doing an amazing job I just can't believe how wonderful everyone is in here. Thank you for everything!! :)

Maybe she thought it would be best to wear something warm since she was hitchhiking and probably going to be sleeping in her clothes. And I've heard it was usual back then to wear them all the time.

Yea that's true that makes sense but what I can't understand is how come no one else saw her let's say if she was coming from corpus or that area I don't believe she got to huntsville without being unseen by anybody else in other places.

I agree. She had to have been seen by someone else in TX; I think the problem is, that accounts of her murder weren't published state-wide

Yes, I can confirm that wearing pantyhose under jeans was common in 1980--jeans fit fairly snugly then and the hose gave you a smoother line underneath, with no panty line. Sandals were mostly strap-style, not thong-style, so the foot wasn't a problem.

Also, jeans were being worn pretty much everywhere.

Folks, can someone link the initial post regarding Kathy from Corpus Christi? I can't find it & would like to catch up.

Thanks, Laughing

:seeya:

If you go back to page 86 of this thread, Carl explains the circumstances of the photo of 'Kathy' in post #1276 and #1286.

I hope someone recognizes that girl in the photos... I think she really resembles WCJD. That was an excellent lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I can confirm that wearing pantyhose under jeans was common in 1980--jeans fit fairly snugly then and the hose gave you a smoother line underneath, with no panty line. Sandals were mostly strap-style, not thong-style, so the foot wasn't a problem.

Also, jeans were being worn pretty much everywhere.

Pantyhose and knee high ones were very common back then. Not wearing pantyhose is fairly new within what the last 5+ years? I see people wearing shoes barefoot, my daughter does it too. I could not wear shoes without socks or hose

Can NAMUS do anything for the case regarding 'Kathy' as a match? Or do we not have enough information for that?

Can NAMUS do anything for the case regarding 'Kathy' as a match? Or do we not have enough information for that?

NamUs can't do anything. All we have is a possible 1st name and one photo.
We have to get her photo out there, hoping someone that knew her sees it, can give us more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne