Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it's very clear that this is an early Robert Ben Rhoades victim. Harris County Jane and Jon Does as well (this is a definite in my mind - the bloody towel- a signature of his, the different way in which the guy and woman were killed). maybe orange socks.

this guy has potentially 30-40 bodies tied to him. reason suggests then that a good number of these jane and jon does are his. these are the work of a serial killer, not isolated incidents, and they fit his basic mo (pick up undersized young drifter at truck stop, rape/torture/kill with rituals relatoin to articles of clothing and presentation, dispose on road side or desolate area) more than any other plausible serial killers we know of.

as far as the head shaving/torture cab stuff, i think it is safe to assume, like most sexual sadists and successful serial killers, there is a progressive sort of fetishization that involves upping the dose bc of desensitization over time (like drug addiction). just from the accounts of his known crimes- though he repeats certain facets, he varies in the sexual sadism to various degrees and it seems like e became more sophisticated, ritualized, and brazen over time.

is there a thread somewhere that tries to account for his victims i should be directed to?

Spent the last hour reading about this guy. This is actually a pretty good suspect. I've always felt like this murder happened in a truck with a large cab. It also fits with the torture and rape, underage girl. Do we know what areas he was in during the time WCJD was killed? I couldn't find a timeline for him but haven't dug around much yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen Marcia Remick suggested at least a couple of times on this thread, but has she been ruled out?

Also - I think it is definitely possible that she was a victim of Robert Ben Rhoades!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheryl Schille Wyant still hasn't been ruled out as match on NamUs, anyone know if the name has been forwarded to LE handling JD case? I read a few pages of this thread, its a lot to go though all at once. Thanks.

Both Wyant and Remick have DNA complete, as does Walker County Jane, so I believe they are ruled out. IMO

Both Wyant and Remick have DNA complete, as does Walker County Jane, so I believe they are ruled out. IMO
I believe I saw it discussed here recently that having DNA in the system does not mean they have been compared

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

Do you know who holds the DNA and if it's been compared?

I believe I saw it discussed here recently that having DNA in the system does not mean they have been compared

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

Correct. We can't assume that just because there is DNA that it's been compared when we don't know who's holding it.

I read somewhere that Yvette Watson was discussed as a possible match. It seems unlikely but was she ruled out?

Thanks. I've been following this case for years but never posted on anything till now. I did find a newspaper clipping from a texas newspaper about a teenage girl that went missing around the start of September 1979 in that area. But I couldn't read the full article without giving card details

Could you post a link to the article? Someone on here might have a subscription and be able to read it for us.

Do you know who holds the DNA and if it's been compared?

Correct. We can't assume that just because there is DNA that it's been compared when we don't know who's holding it.

Yeah, I really wish it was made clear on profiles WHERE/HOW a person's DNA is held. That way, we could better find matches that haven't already been ruled out via CODIS.

I couldn't find it now but I did see a missing girl aged 14 on the doe network that went missing from a home or foster care system in 1979 I think. I wonder if she was ever ruled out?

50dde9a78010b80667cb9578e981e6d7.jpg
e0126ad3c457e326cd484965a7e44e67.jpg
dfe319bbec43e2a61e1b08de8978c629.jpg

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I see a slight resemblance, but the age throws me off. She told one of the witnesses she was 18 or 19 (sorry, I can't remember which). Being in her 20s, she'd really have no need to lie about her age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper