Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aransas/Rockport area. Back in '80 if i told someone where I was from, I would say Rockport first, then Corpus, Aransas always last. Some drug and gang activitie in that time. I would have never claimed to be from Aransas. People would joke that is where tooth paste got its name instead of teeth paste. I don't know. Lots of scalley wags, sprimp boats, drugs, lot of crimes.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I was in Rockport today,both towns are 12 miles apart.

I apologize if I missed something but any news on isotope analysis?
I was looking at the Aransas Pass/Rockport area and have this question? If you are from either of these places do you categorize it as such? They seem the same size to me so she could have been from a small town close to them both or she could be from one and maybe they are combined ala DFW. Not sure if this is the case but it is very curious to me to say both town names. I live in Texas and had to look at a map. I knew they were by the coast but that is all.

It was reported that her panties were stuffed into her vagina,I guess in an attempt to stop the bleeding.Poor girl she did suffer.

On one of the youtube channel comments a user claims that a beer bottle was kicked into her private area. He claimed a detective told him that years ago.
Has anyone else heard this? this just seems so odd to me. I had kind of pictured her killer as a sadistic killer but this seems to me to be more of a brutal killing. I really feel queasy at the thought of this. Anyone have any thoughts?

It was reported that her panties were stuffed into her vagina,I guess in an attempt to stop the bleeding.Poor girl she did suffer.
I'm usually pretty stoic when it comes to gruesome details but these details just make me want to have a good cry.
To think this beautiful young lady was inflicted to much trauma is the worst. She was violated in the worst ways possible.

Mary Rachel Trlica

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/57dftx.html

Possible Jane Doe? missing persons report stated in a letter mailed to her Husband she was headed to Houston. Age doesn't line up exactly.

I also snagged this from a post on porch light. I love that they have listed information of who has been ruled out.

Let's ID this Jane Doe.

A list of rule outs
Kristy Lynn Booth
Diane Gueze Dye
Rachel Elizabeth Garden
Corrine Anita Hagler
Gina Renee Hall
Adrea Laderoute (located deceased)
Angela Mae Meeker
Cecile Frances Moch
Sophia Felicita Moreno
Jane Lousie Puckett
Lauren Ann Rahn
Emma Lorene Vaughn

Unable to confirm or eliminate
Melinda Karen Creech
Brenda Crowley
Carol Elaine Donn
Kimberely Ann Kahler
Lori Jean Lloyd
Michelle Meredith Mulcahy
Deborah Quimby

Mary Rachel Trlica

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/57dftx.html

Possible Jane Doe? missing persons report stated in a letter mailed to her Husband she was headed to Houston. Age doesn't line up exactly.

I also snagged this from a post on porch light. I love that they have listed information of who has been ruled out.

Let's ID this Jane Doe.

A list of rule outs
Kristy Lynn Booth
Diane Gueze Dye
Rachel Elizabeth Garden
Corrine Anita Hagler
Gina Renee Hall
Adrea Laderoute (located deceased)
Angela Mae Meeker
Cecile Frances Moch
Sophia Felicita Moreno
Jane Lousie Puckett
Lauren Ann Rahn
Emma Lorene Vaughn

Unable to confirm or eliminate
Melinda Karen Creech
Brenda Crowley
Carol Elaine Donn
Kimberely Ann Kahler
Lori Jean Lloyd
Michelle Meredith Mulcahy
Deborah Quimby

Mary is on the ruleouts list. identifyus.org/cases/4630

In the flyer you see with the actual picture of the blonde girl who may have gone by Cathy.... how is that girl connected? Anyone know what Im talking about?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am bumping up the explanation from way back in this thread :bump:

The information in that blog is incorrect. There were no "items relating to WCJD" found with that photo, and the photo was taken in 1980 (sometime after April), not the mid-70's.

The photo comes from a brother and sister who were staying at a motel in Texas in 1980 (with their mother and step-father). The step father worked on radio antenna towers, and traveled around frequently, and stayed in motels in the course of his occupation. While they were at one motel (their best recollection was that it was in Beeville), they met this girl (possibly named "Cathy"), and for those few days, the sister and "Cathy" became friends and spent a lot of time swimming in the pool together and doing each other's hair. At the time, the brother and sister were 12 and 10 years old, respectively. "Cathy" told them that she was 14 years old, and a runaway from Corpus Christi. She was staying at the motel with a couple, about mid-30's in age.

Both the brother (who lives in Texas) and sister (who lives in Oregon) saw the publicity on WCJD independent of each other, and both immediately thought of "Cathy" without prompting by the other. When the sister came to Texas to visit her brother and mother, he asked if she had seen the articles on WCJD, and she immediately said yes, and that the story and drawings of WCJD reminded her of Cathy. When they asked their mother about Cathy, the mother said yes she also remembered her, and said "I even have a photo of her".

Both siblings remember that "Cathy" wore clothing similar to the clothing description of WCJD, and added that she didn't seem to have very many clothes.

There are a few other details provided by the brother that tie in even more to WCJD's narrative, but the sister says that she doesn't remember those details, so I haven't put those details out for discussion.

Here are a few more details regarding "Cathy" that I should probably add to the mix.

According to the brother (the sister doesn't remember this detail), "Cathy" told him that she had a friend who was incarcerated in the Sugarland Prison, and at one point, asked his step-father if he would give her a ride to Sugarland. Apparently, the stepfather didn't give her the ride. The stepfather drove a 1978 Ford Truck with a camper on it. However, the brother says he recalls that the couple drove a large American car, possibly a chevy, possibly maroon or brown in color. He recalls that it had a beige or white vinyl top.

Of course, if this is true, it would make "Cathy" a very strong possible for WCJD, despite that her friend was in the Sugarland prison, not at Ellis, and that the couple's vehicle was maroon or brown (as opposed to blue - as was reported to the WCSD by the owner of the gas station who saw WCJD prior to her death).

When he first told me this story, he was saying that the motel was in Richmond, and he even drew for me a diagram of the layout of the motel. There are no motels in Richmond, and after many hours searching Google maps for of the motels throughout the area, he came back to me and said that he thinks that the motel was actually in Beeville. He pointed me to the Esquire Inn on St. Mary's street in Beeville, and said that he is pretty sure that is the same motel. The sister agreed that this appeared to be the same motel, and its layout is very similar to the drawing that the brother gave me.

I've been reluctant to mention these details (1) because I wasn't sure if the brother was just repeating details that he had read in public narratives related to WCJD, and (2) his sister couldn't corroborate those details. The sister was only 10 years old at the time, so it is understandible that she wouldn't remember every detail about the few days that they knew "Cathy". But I've decided to go ahead and put it out there and let everyone decide for themselves whether it is credible or not..

Crosses fingers, toes, arms, legs & nothing wrong with a small prayer or two.

Please let this be the year WCJD gets her name back. [emoji259]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are everyone's thoughts on "Cathy" being our doe? I don't really think its her but I've been wrong before. I kind of think "Cathy" looks more like Arroyo Grande Doe.

What are everyone's thoughts on "Cathy" being our doe? I don't really think its her but I've been wrong before. I kind of think "Cathy" looks more like Arroyo Grande Doe.

I'm not so sure about Cathy for either, because we really don't know if she's a missing person or not.

I'm not so sure about Cathy for either, because we really don't know if she's a missing person or not.

I am probably less then 50-50 on Kathy being WCJD. Her brow and nose structure are spot on. Her overall resemblance isn't especially close. But whatever differences I see can be attributed to postmortem effects in WCJD's PM photos.

Nevertheless, even though I see it as less than 50-50, that is still uncertain enough to want to resolve who Kathy is/was.

Another question I have for everyone. Do you agree with me that this looks the work of a serial killer? The brutality and randomness make me think the perp wasn't a first or last timer.

Another question I have for everyone. Do you agree with me that this looks the work of a serial killer? The brutality and randomness make me think the perp wasn't a first or last timer.

Very likely, IMO, though I am unaware of any other murders from that era with a similar degree of depravity, and a similar victim demographic. Bittaker and Norris were probably the most similar in terms of M.O., but they were both incarcerated by the time WCJD was killed.

Very likely, IMO, though I am unaware of any other murders from that era with a similar degree of depravity, and a similar victim demographic. Bittaker and Norris were probably the most similar in terms of M.O., but they were both incarcerated by the time WCJD was killed.
Don't they believe it was the work of Henry Lucus

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I've been thinking for the past month about contacting The Hunt: With John Walsh about this case to see if they'd detail her case (since AMW and Unsolved Mysteries aren't doing anymore new episodes). Don't know exactly where to go to submit this idea, however. Since they've done episodes on unidentified suspects, they might just do one on an unidentified victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member