Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think this might be worth pursuing. I have always thought that Walker County Jane Doe had a unique nose - Jackie Kay Boyers nose struck me as looking unique in a similar way. I did not se her name on the rule out list.
Jackie Kay Boyer-
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyer_jackie.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May 21, 1980 from Windsor, California
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: May 7, 1968
Height and Weight: 5'0, 90 pounds (her Doenetwork file indicates that these are estimates)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Boyer has a small scar on the inside of her right forearm.

Details of Disappearance

Boyer was last seen at her home in Windsor, California on May 21, 1980. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

I think she looks very similar, esp the noses like you mentioned. I'm not as good at this as I'd like to be, so I'm interested in hearing some other opinions. Good find! :)

Does anyone think this might be worth pursuing. I have always thought that Walker County Jane Doe had a unique nose - Jackie Kay Boyers nose struck me as looking unique in a similar way. I did not se her name on the rule out list.
Jackie Kay Boyer-
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyer_jackie.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May 21, 1980 from Windsor, California
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: May 7, 1968
Height and Weight: 5'0, 90 pounds (her Doenetwork file indicates that these are estimates)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Boyer has a small scar on the inside of her right forearm.

Details of Disappearance

Boyer was last seen at her home in Windsor, California on May 21, 1980. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

WCJD was the first UID that came to my mind when Jackie Boyers' casefile was added to DoeNet.

I'm not sure why I passed on this possible match. Perhaps it was her age, or perhaps it was the difference in eyebrows (neither of which are solid reasons to rule her out).

But looking back, I see something interesting. Back in Post #163 of this thread, Mia G mentions the following

... As far as [Lt. Perkins] can tell from crime scene photos WCJD only had one scar and it was at the right eye brow..he said he had heard there were reports of one on the elbow, but he can not see that in the pictures ...

BBM

Jackie Boyers has a scar on the "inside of her right forearm". I don't see a scar on the outside edge of her right eyebrow, but she could have received that scar after the photo was taken.

WCJD was the first UID that came to my mind when Jackie Boyers' casefile was added to DoeNet.

I'm not sure why I passed on this possible match. Perhaps it was her age, or perhaps it was the difference in eyebrows (neither of which are solid reasons to rule her out).

But looking back, I see something interesting. Back in Post #163 of this thread, Mia G mentions the following

BBM

Jackie Boyers has a scar on the "inside of her right forearm". I don't see a scar on the outside edge of her right eyebrow, but she could have received that scar after the photo was taken.

I submitted Jackie Kay Boyer as a posisble match to Lt. Perkins via email today. Carl, thank you for pointing out that Walker County Jane Doe may have had a scar on her arm. I included that in my message. I will post an update when I hear back from him.

I've driven through this area, and it's a little out there. I wouldn't doubt she was out there trying to visit an inmate. I haven't read through all the pages here, but did the police ever question the inmates at the prison?

Was it possible she had a pen pal inmate? Maybe if she did the person she was writing to wasn't willing to speak up and say they were writing back and forth after discovering she was a young woman. Maybe he knew, but sisn't want to get in trouble or be seen as part of the murder.

Just ideas.

I haven't read through all the pages here, but did the police ever question the inmates at the prison?

Was it possible she had a pen pal inmate? Maybe if she did the person she was writing to wasn't willing to speak up and say they were writing back and forth after discovering she was a young woman. Maybe he knew, but sisn't want to get in trouble or be seen as part of the murder.

Just ideas.

Authorities questioned every inmate at the prison and nobody admitted to have known her.

If she did have a pen pal in the prison they might not have known what she looked like if she never sent a picture. I've also been thinking that depending how long an inmmate was behind bars if they did know her when she was a child or baby they might not recognize her at that age. One final theory is that she could have even been a child of inmmate that they did not even know they had. There are a ton of ways she could be connected to an inmmate without them being able to indentify her.

I submitted Jackie Kay Boyer as a posisble match to Lt. Perkins via email today. Carl, thank you for pointing out that Walker County Jane Doe may have had a scar on her arm. I included that in my message. I will post an update when I hear back from him.

I got a reply today from Deborrah Pinto, PhD Forensic Anthropologist. Dr. Love forwarded her my email. Jackie Kay Boyer has been EXCLUDED as a possible match to Walker County Jane Doe "based on age related dental eruption patterns and the absence of a scar on the arm"

:( I would really love to see this beautiful young girl identified.

I just posted this one on the Caledonia Jane Doe thread, but she also fits fairly closely to Walker County Jane Doe.

Deborah A. McCall

DMcCall1.jpg
DMcCall3.jpg

91UFTX.jpg
91UFTX1.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2975dfil.html

* Height is right.
* Age is right.
* She wore a yellow-gold necklace, just like WCJD.

ETA: I called it in to the Walker County Sheriff’s Office

Deborah McCall has been added to the NamUs rule-out list for WCJD.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4630

There's a new postmortem photo of WCJD in NamUs.

WARNING POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK

She looks amazingly different in this photo than she does in the other photos available of her, and nothing like any of the facial reconstructions available (including mine).

I now see the slightly Hispanic appearance that Lt. Perkins described to Mia. Actually, IMO, she looks like she may have some Native American ancestry.

Looks like I'm going to have to do a major revision to my facial reconstruction.

I'm glad they are taking our inquiries seriously and the new image certainly will help. having said all that, you would think that if they took the effort to show her picture to everyone at the prison, they would have gone to Aransas Pass and done the same thing with people at the school and around town.

I took a look at google maps and I see that Corpus Christi is a much larger city very close to Aransas Pass. it is always possible that the girl gave the wrong town, just to provide an answer to the friendly inquiry. I would assume that if the woman who asked where she was from was skeptical about the girl's stated age she would have recognized an accent, meaning that she probably was from TX as the accent would have completely given her away if she was from elsewhere.

She looks amazingly different in this photo than she does in the other photos available of her, and nothing like any of the facial reconstructions available (including mine).

I now see the slightly Hispanic appearance that Lt. Perkins described to Mia. Actually, IMO, she looks like she may have some Native American ancestry.

Looks like I'm going to have to do a major revision to my facial reconstruction.

Great find, CarlK! Whenever I see one of your posts come up, I just have to see what you've found or done.

Where are the rule outs for this Jane Doe? Was Tina Faye Kemp ruled out?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kemp_tina.html

Or Melinda Creech, who is hispanic?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/creech_melinda.html

Where are the rule outs for this Jane Doe? Was Tina Faye Kemp ruled out?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kemp_tina.html

Or Melinda Creech, who is hispanic?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/creech_melinda.html

Here they are.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ruled Out Unidentified Victims Rule Outs

I was looking very close at Tina Kemp after seeing the photo. She has a very similar facial structure, and all the vital stats are good. AFAIK, she hasn't been ruled out. I would say it's probably not her, but she should be looked at anyway.

Melinda Creech has been on their list for a long time, and has never been ruled out. I believe that they don't have any good identifiers on her.

Thank you, Carl. Have you tried contacting the LE depts. from which those two, Creech and Kemp went missing?

I've discounted the info on Aransas Pass as likely not the same person as Walker Co. doe. My only other observation about that is if the girl was from out of state, didn't know Texas, then likely she had been in Aransas Pass very recently, and gave that as her home when it wasn't. Too bad nothing was mentioned about a different accent. Texas is Texas, and we can sure tell people who aren't from Texas, and vice versa.

When I was a teen I went out to CA with family. I still remember someone there, my age at the time, asking me what part of Texas I was from. LOL.

Edited to add: I really think the Kemp girl could be Walker Co. Jane Doe. I saw the same things you're seeing, right down to an exact match on the nose. It would wonderful to have resolution on this case.

Thank you, Carl. Have you tried contacting the LE depts. from which those two, Creech and Kemp went missing?

I've discounted the info on Aransas Pass as likely not the same person as Walker Co. doe. My only other observation about that is if the girl was from out of state, didn't know Texas, then likely she had been in Aransas Pass very recently, and gave that as her home when it wasn't. Too bad nothing was mentioned about a different accent. Texas is Texas, and we can sure tell people who aren't from Texas, and vice versa.

When I was a teen I went out to CA with family. I still remember someone there, my age at the time, asking me what part of Texas I was from. LOL.

Edited to add: I really think the Kemp girl could be Walker Co. Jane Doe. I'm seeing the same things you're seeing. Right down to an exact match on the nose.

I have a pretty good rapport with the ME in Delaware. A couple of months ago, I was talking to him about Tina possibly being Haymarket VA Jane Doe, and I remember him telling me that Tina Kemp never visited a dentist, and any Jane Does with fillings in their teeth would be probable rule-outs. It's theoretically possible that she visited a dentist after she disappeared, but very unlikely.

WCJD has fillings in three teeth, so that's a pretty good indication that they are probably not one in the same.

Regarding Aransas Pass, she may not be from Aransas Pass, but I think she has some connection to someone in Aransas Pass. If she was just pulling a city out of her head, I would think she would say Dallas or Houston, or perhaps Corpus Christi -- but Aransas Pass? That's not someplace that someone would pull out of their head without having some connection.

That's why I said I thought the girl had at least been in Aransas Pass shortly before her death. Like you said, it's not a town someone would pull out of a hat. It's doubtful she'd know that town unless she'd been there.

Say it isn't so about the 3 filings. : ( I think Tina is also a ringer for the after autopsy photo, the one with a very full, rounded face.

Here's my latest revision.

e711c51f-1aeb-48e4-8511-ce146545ed8a.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I just started reviewing this case, read through all of the pages and most of the posts, and I'm really in awe of all the hands-on work you guys have put in with the Lt. in charge of this case.

I saw the full list of rule-outs as well as "unlikelys" and I did not see Karen Zendronsky mentioned (I apologize if she was). IMO she is a good match:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1667dfnj.html

KZendrosky.jpg

IMO she is a good match because:

- what struck me was the yellow shirt - I know it was quite some time before this UID was found, but she was last seen wearing a brown and yellow zipup shirt.
- her profile says she has a scar on her right ear - I'm wondering if this could have actually been her eyebrow;
- has green eyes - very close to hazel;
- was 5'2;
- age matches;
- nose looks very similar to me.

Let me know what you guys think...thanks! (And I apologize if she's already been looked into and ruled out and/or discussed here and I missed it - don't want to duplicate efforts)

I doubt it is Karen. as per the Doe Network link these were the circumstances surrounding her disappearance:

Police have long suspected Zendrosky’s remains are buried deep in the old sludge pit, once used as part of the township’s wastewater treatment plant which is just a half mile from the former bowling alley. It was known to be a party area, and it has been rumored that Zendrosky ended up there against her will or of her own volition and never left.
Foul play is suspected.

from past experience, these "rumors" usually have alot of truth to them as word buzzes around but no one admits to anything.

as for the potential match, I don't see how or why Karen would have gone from Bordentown, NJ to Walker County, TX. also in a 13 month gap of time, I would hope she was not wearing the same clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503