TX TX - Iola, near Bull Creek Bridge, WhtFem 13-19, UP4611, 1904 coin ring, mechanic's cloth, Oct'81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No new ruleouts. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

@Alleykins See my post #63 upthread for some of the research I did on the coin. It's unusual but I doubt if it's expensive. The coin is a small reproduction of the St. Gardens design and the mounting can be purchased by the box from jewelry suppliers.

Thanks, Carbuff. Glad you're back. I read the post but still wasn't sure if the ring was valuable & unique that someone might recognize it, or if it was something of a costume piece.

Thanks, Carbuff. Glad you're back. I read the post but still wasn't sure if the ring was valuable & unique that someone might recognize it, or if it was something of a costume piece.

I don't think it's very valuable, but it is unusual and it would be very likely people who knew her would remember that she wore it.

Some observations in this case that really bother me. Just rambling...The rib injuries...similar to a lot of girls found in the Texas killing fields, missing from neighbouring places......The frequency, pattern, the years girls went missing don't add up with this UID. Could it have been the same killer, laying low for a while and started again.....Old healed and previous rib injuries....could be an accident but also abuse during a longer period of time. Blow to the head together with previous rib injuries, was the final... (horrible visions are coming to me) Just pondering what could have happened to this Jane Doe. Somehow I have the feeling this girl was abducted, kept, killed and her body "stashed" away and dumped later. New questions....where was her body kept during all this time and nobody noticed. A shed where nobody came, owned by the perpetrator, spouse, a freezer etc? The story of her autopsy, the time between her being killed and found (PMI) doesn't fit with her being an abducted and killed victim and isn't consistent with Henry Lucas's story. IMO there was a serious amount of time between killed and found. Not consistent with the way Henry Lucas acted out as far as I know. So the name "Cheryl" and the fact that she was from Durham is totally speculation. That said....I found this girl
Cheryl Schille Wyant – The Charley Project

Her height is way off, but the story somehow rings in my ear....

Cheryl ran away from the children's home where she lived in Corbett, Oregon about a week after her fourteenth birthday, which was May 21, 1978. She was sighted in San Bernardino County, California afterwards; she was placed in a crisis center or children's home at that time.

Cheryl walked out of the San Bernardino County facility and was reportedly involved in a traffic accident and taken to the hospital. She left the hospital and has never been heard from again. She was reported missing in Rohnert Park, California in 1995. Few details are available in her case.

1787DFCA - Cheryl Schille Wyant

This is the only picture I could find of Cheryl
cheryl_schille_wyant_1.jpg

for the sake of refreshing the thread;

6 Missing Person Exclusions
MP8105 Ann Ellinwood 04/16/1978 Benton OR
MP947 Barbara Monaco 08/23/1978 Virginia Beach VA
MP14488 Carlene Brown 07/04/1974 Carbon WY
MP7914 Dean Pyle Peters 02/05/1981 Kent MI
MP8815 Kathryn Collins 04/01/1981 Calhoun TX
MP35427 Rebecca Doisy 08/05/1976 Boone MO

I suggested Bertha Gould as possible match to this UID on her thread;
LA - LA - Bertha Yvonne Gould, 14, Morgan City, 11 May 1978

Missing from Morgan City, Louisiana since 1978. I found her as she just appeared in NamUs a few days ago. I didn’t see a thread for her so I created one. There are multiple newspaper articles about her disappearance, along with another girl whose body was found. She’s the suspected victim of serial killer Robert Hohenberger. A couple of his victims (abducted from Louisiana in 1978; Leah Rodermund included) were found dead in Louisiana, but Bertha has never been found. Hohenberger left the area following this set of abductions and ended up killing himself during a police standoff in Washington. Many searches were conducted in Louisiana for Bertha with no results. I figure it’s possible that he disposed of her body while en route to California/Washington. Iola would have been directly in his path, depending on which road(s) he travelled.

I think the descriptions and photographs of the two are strikingly similar as well.

6E8897D8-0D76-4DFD-BA1E-C891DFA1DB6F.jpeg

I wonder if Terry Rassmussen had anything to do with this case. He was in Texas in the late 70's. He had Eunsoon's body in a basement/crawl space off the garage. I wonder if he did something similar with Marlyse and her girls before dumping them in Bear Brook. Denise Beaudin isn't in the rule-outs but she did have a overbite that would be noticable. Could this be the middle child's mother?

@aThousandYearsWide
I can't say about the rest, but I'm fairly certain this isn't the middle child's mother.
Both have DNA and they do compare sets to unidentified remains to each other (if they're both in CODIS), like the compare UPs to MPs. At least, that's what I was told.
I wonder about that sometimes though like in the case of Bobby Whitt and his Mom Myoung. I wonder why they weren't linked sooner. I think you are right though Alleykins:)

I wonder about that sometimes though like in the case of Bobby Whitt and his Mom Myoung. I wonder why they weren't linked sooner. I think you are right though Alleykins:)

I wonder about that a case, too, why they didn't match to each other long ago. As a matter of fact, I was thinking about it as I wrote that post. I never read anywhere how the match was missed. Even without DNA, looking at the cases, I'm surprised none of the investigators, or even one of us, didn't put two and two together, based on their ethnicity and where they were found. But that's easy to say in hindsight. My best guess is that the DNA for one or both cases was held locally and not in CODIS, since they were found in different states.

for the sake of refreshing the thread;

6 Missing Person Exclusions
MP8105 Ann Ellinwood 04/16/1978 Benton OR
MP947 Barbara Monaco 08/23/1978 Virginia Beach VA
MP14488 Carlene Brown 07/04/1974 Carbon WY
MP7914 Dean Pyle Peters 02/05/1981 Kent MI
MP8815 Kathryn Collins 04/01/1981 Calhoun TX
MP35427 Rebecca Doisy 08/05/1976 Boone MO

No new exclusions.

I live down the road from Iola and never heard of this until recently. I know a lady who taught at the Iola school for years and she said she remembered something about a body being found but nothing specific. It is a very small town. Everyone knows each other type of place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back