TX - IRS manager killed, 13 hurt in suicide plane crash, Austin, 18 Feb 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just talked to my best friend, who lives in Austin. Her father was on his way to work and witnessed the crash. He said it was "one of the worst scenes he'd ever seen".

It's really sickening that someone would do this...

Yeah, I just talked to my sister who saw the building right after the plane flew into it. She was driving on the highway and seeing it really shook her up.

Reports are coming out now that the plane was stolen.

how far is the airport from the building?

12:42 p.m.: The pilot of the plane had set his house on fire beforehand, stole the plane and crashed it intentionally, a federal official told CNN.

12:42 p.m.: The pilot of the plane had set his house on fire beforehand, stole the plane and crashed it intentionally, a federal official told CNN.

CNN stated they are still trying to verify if the plane was stolen. two conflicting documents...one states a plane is registered to him, the other states it was stolen.

Earlier they were saying that there were 2 dead in plane crash in TX, it was running on the bottom of HLN (I know, consider the source), but I don't know if it was related.

A pilot intentionally crashed a plane into a four-story building after starting a house fire Thursday morning, law enforcement said.

The plane crashed into the building at 9430 Research Boulevard around 10 a.m. Witnesses say that a single-engine SR-22 dove low when it crossed Highway 183, even clipping one of the cars as it crossed the road. It then looked like it was going to swoop up, and crashed into the side of the building.

The plane is reported to have left the Georgetown Airport around 9:30 a.m., carrying just the pilot.

http://weareaustin.com/content/news/story/?cid=51332

KEYE News reported the Feds say pilot's name is (was?) Joseph Stack.

I feel badly for the injured, but this could've been so much worse....at least I haven't heard of fatalities yet....Altho I don't see how the pilot could have lived.

The Internal Revenue Service has offices in the building, including its civil enforcement and criminal investigations divisions, said Special Agent Michael Lemoine, a spokesman for the criminal investigations division.

He said that some IRS offices are on the first floor, which Lemoine said was hit by the plane.

He said that the criminal investigations division personnel are safe and accounted for. He did not have information on the civil division workers, who conduct audits and other activity at the offices

statesman blog

maybe he was being investigated........i love breaking news!!!

there seems to be a theme of homegrown nutjobs in waco.....

Hope you aren't including me! I wasn't born here, I was one of those living in CA when the Waco incident occurred - calling them "wackos."

Then again, I elected to move here. Guess that says something about me :banghead:

Hope you aren't including me! I wasn't born here, I was one of those living in CA when the Waco incident occurred - calling them "wackos."

Then again, I elected to move here. Guess that says something about me :banghead:

I haven't spent lots of time there, but Waco is a pretty nice place.

Waco?

im having okalhoma city/koresh flashbacks

Me too. And how can the media be so quick to say this isn't an act of terrorism. Although it's a small plane, there appears to be some intent here (IMHO). Why the IRS building? as of 12:42 ET:

The pilot of the plane had set his house on fire beforehand, stole the plane and crashed it intentionally, a federal official told CNN.

Just because it wasn't a 747, means nothing to me. As of right now, it looks like there withholding the so called pilots name and background. But we'll soon find out.

I only have one more thing to say -- who steals a plane and crashes it into a building intentionally. A terrorist!

Mel

Earlier they were saying that there were 2 dead in plane crash in TX, it was running on the bottom of HLN (I know, consider the source), but I don't know if it was related.

So far all I've heard is that there is 1 person unaccounted for, and 2 were taken to local hospital (1 of which was later transferred to San Antone because of burns).

Altho now I checked previous Statesman Blotter article again & it's saying "there are still some people missing, she said."

Initially the fire dept was just spraying water on the building...they weren't sending fireman inside....then later they said they were starting to send them in.

In the earlier presser, it was said they're still trying to figure this all out....that was about an hour ago.

ETA --

Live press conference at 12:30pm CST with more info on the plane crash, house fire and possible stolen plane

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/generic/news/live_news/myfoxaustin_livestream_index

Statesman.com sticking with plane "out of Waco"; not sure if that means it was registered in Waco and maybe took off from Georgetown, or what.

I wonder why they say Waco too, because it's nowhere near here. The plane left the Georgetown Municipal Airport at 9:40 and did not log a flight plan. This is crazy! A nutjob, maybe, but at least not a terrorist.

CNN now reporting...

1:18 p.m.: A federal law enforcement official tells CNN that they believe the plane belonged to Joseph Andrew Stack.

not to be racist against terrorists but that doesnt sound like an al quida member.

looks like this one will go down as a lone nut with a grudge againt the world.

The "underwear bomber" was a nut job, and turned out to be a terrorist. And it's okay (IMO) to be racist towards any terrorist. Their goal is to kill human beings. Same goes for child molestors, and the like. What this person did was awful. And it's scary (in our world) when someone only kills 1-2 people, we say "oh, well that's okay then". Just because it's not mass destruction, makes it no less a horrific crime. Yah, I'm angry -- I get angry at all senseless crimes.

Hugs,

Mel

Internet note posted by man linked to plane crash
Thursday, February 18, 2010, 12:16 PM

Editor’s note: We found this note on a Web site being pointed at by social media users. A search showed the domain that the note was posted on is registered to Joe Stack of San Marcos. A man by the same name, who has addresses in both Austin and San Marcos has been linked to today’s airplane crash.

(long note; link:
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...e_posted_by_man_li.html?cxntcid=breaking_news )

Last paragraphs:
I can only hope that the numbers quickly get too big to be white washed and ignored that the American zombies wake up and revolt; it will take nothing less. I would only hope that by striking a nerve that stimulates the inevitable double standard, knee-jerk government reaction that results in more stupid draconian restrictions people wake up and begin to see the pompous political thugs and their mindless minions for what they are. Sadly, though I spent my entire life trying to believe it wasn’t so, but violence not only is the answer, it is the only answer. The cruel joke is that the really big chunks of **** at the top have known this all along and have been laughing, at and using this awareness against, fools like me all along.

I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different. I am finally ready to stop this insanity. Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let’s try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)

Me too. And how can the media be so quick to say this isn't an act of terrorism. Although it's a small plane, there appears to be some intent here (IMHO). Why the IRS building? as of 12:42 ET:

The pilot of the plane had set his house on fire beforehand, stole the plane and crashed it intentionally, a federal official told CNN.

Just because it wasn't a 747, means nothing to me. As of right now, it looks like there withholding the so called pilots name and background. But we'll soon find out.

I only have one more thing to say -- who steals a plane and crashes it into a building intentionally. A terrorist!

Mel

they did release his name
not exactly gonna show up on a no-fly list..

which brings me to this possibility about the plane not being stolen.........it might well have been his plane but he didnt have clearence to take off, hence why it was reported stolen

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lazuli
Back