GUILTY TX - Jake Kimbley, 2, Smith County, 21 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, also....I wanted to let the WS community know how much we appreciate you. All of us have frequented this site for info, insight and a laugh wen we need it.

Warning: very disturbing!

Video of the home
http://www.kltv.com/story/19421674/jake-kimbleys-parents-indicted-on-child-endangerment-charges

Look below this video to see pt 1 & pt 2 of home walk through.

Made the bottom of my feet tingle, those poor kids!!

Mom had lot's O' time to spend online at that nasty little site :what:
What's the psychology behind this? She did not portray herself online as someone who lived in filth? She talked about changing her hair color, which would give the impression you care about your personal appearance. Besides an aversion to laundry and cleaning, what's wrong with these people?

Gross. I feel so bad for the kids. No one should have to live like that. Anyone else getting the feeling the "parents" are into drugs?

I wonder if they think he was in there longer than he was supposedly missing. :what: According to the article below, the Net health Mosquito Director for smith county was asked to help by the DA. Sorry still can't cut/paste yet... It's the third paragraph.

http://www.ksla.com/story/19347021/still-no-official-suspects-in

Can't the various stage of insect larvae help clarify approx time body has been in a location sometimes?

IIRC the lawyer who was making statements and clarifying info says dad was at work when Jake was REPORTED missing.... Not when he was DISCOVERED missing? Time might have been altered a little maybe?
:moo: just :moo:

I cannot believe that video. Those poor children. I can't believe the parents allowed themselves to be in that house, let alone the children! I wonder if any of the children/parents had bug bites? Wouldn't they have to with that many bugs jumping around?

I am also wondering how the grandmother can defend the house... If I walked into that house and my grandchildren were in there, I would be calling CPS. I'm sorry, but those children cannot fend for themselves. Maybe that is ... clean to her. Or maybe, as previously mentioned, they got into some bad stuff recently... but I think that there was mold all over that fan (or bugs)... either way, it had to take a while to develop.

I hope those children are in clean, safe places tonight and can move forward in the future with a lot of therapy and love.

:what:

All those bugs! Made me feel itchy just watching it! I can't imagine how the people actually inside felt. Those poor kids!

I know, I began itchng too.

No excuse whatsoever for those living conditions. None. No wonder they never had any company and kept to themselves. Why did no one...including other family members report them to CPS? Had they ever been reviewed by CPS?

What really gripes my arse is she can apparently afford an outside attorney, but can't afford a exterminator, a bottle of Spic Span or bare necessities for her children like a bed to sleep in. :furious:

I grew up in a rural setting and hung around kids down the road whose family had 9 children, an outhouse and 2.5 bedrooms. Their bathtub was an aluminum tub brought into the kitchen in winter time and their washing machine was an old wringer washer on the back porch; the clothesline and back porch was dryer. The house was immaculate, and I never saw one bug. The older sisters made the best batch of Hershey's chocoate peanut butter fudge I have ever tasted. :)

No excuse for the filth in this house. Hope the kids are being checked out for parasites and other illnesses because roaches harbor a long list of diseases and ailments; especially respiratory.

:welcome:
Thank you so much for joining us here at WS LS1234. I'm just appalled at the living conditions in that home, and that no one, not a single soul ever attempted to rescue the children from that filth. It took precious Jake's life to make people take notice, what an incredible sacrifice. I read that the older boy is blaming himself for Jake's death, what horrible mental anguish he is going through right now. God bless the foster parents who are caring for Andrew and his siblings and may He find them all the most wonderful, loving homes and families.
I expect the parents will get some jail time...I just wonder how much.

The parents are being held on 1.3 million each for child neglect, child endangerment and child abandonment. They have CPS cases that are in the summer of 2013. They won't be getting out any time soon. Also, I do believe that the criminal charges aren't far from being filed.

She'll learn how to clean in prison, imo. Best of luck to her cellmate. imo

Made the bottom of my feet tingle, those poor kids!!

Mom had lot's O' time to spend online at that nasty little site :what:
What's the psychology behind this? She did not portray herself online as someone who lived in filth? She talked about changing her hair color, which would give the impression you care about your personal appearance. Besides an aversion to laundry and cleaning, what's wrong with these people?

Reminds me of the hoarding show but it's not hoarding here. Severe depression or some other mental disorder; but clearly states that she doesn't care about herself or her family. Him....who knows...definitely not a handyman ...nor cares if he and his children are living in filth.

I wonder as well if Jake was missing longer than was first reported. I want to know HOW he got into that septic tank. Nobody leaves the lid off their septic tank.

That house wasn't just roach infested, it was FILTHY! Never mind the bugs crawling all over everything, their was bug feces on every surface. My husband and I talked about the possibility that Jake got sick from eating food exposed to the bugs, and they panicked and threw his body in the septic tank to cover up his death. Maybe they thought they could get a bunch of reward money and he would never be found.

That house will have to be burned down, there is no way anyone else would ever want to live there. I wonder why Gma was so insistent that it "wasn't that bad." Didn't she realize LE would go in and see all the bugs and filth??

The parents are being held on 1.3 million each for child neglect, child endangerment and child abandonment. They have CPS cases that are in the summer of 2013. They won't be getting out any time soon. Also, I do believe that the criminal charges aren't far from being filed.

I think these child neglect, abandonment and endangerment charges ARE criminal charges. But if you mean further criminal charges, I agree. Possibly murder, do you think?
Btw, I'm fairly local, about 45 minutes from there. I used to know that area well, but that's been many years ago.

Reminds me of the hoarding show but it's not hoarding here. Severe depression or some other mental disorder; but clearly states that she doesn't care about herself or her family. Him....who knows...definitely not a handyman ...nor cares if he and his children are living in filth.

Hoarding roaches? Maybe they think of them as their little pets?

We have a lot of humidity here, and bugs can get out of control very quickly if nothing is done to combat them.

But... no excuses, this was just horrifying!

This kills me, it pains me greatly knowing these poor children suffered so greatly in such poor conditions. It makes me very angry that other relatives support the disgusting parents and didn't stand up for those poor children. How on earth can anyone go on record defending the living conditions saying "laundry" is the problem. I have laundry, I know what laundry is, I do not have roaches covering every square inch of my house. Well actually I don't have any....for clarification.

My dad cleaned up rental properties and we accompanied him at times. There was one house we called "the roach house" there were roaches everywhere. But compared to the house in the video, it was nothing. From what I understand about roaches, for every one you see there are a hundred in the walls that you don't see. Roaches typically hide from light and try to avoid it.

I wonder as well if Jake was missing longer than was first reported. I want to know HOW he got into that septic tank. Nobody leaves the lid off their septic tank.

That house wasn't just roach infested, it was FILTHY! Never mind the bugs crawling all over everything, their was bug feces on every surface. My husband and I talked about the possibility that Jake got sick from eating food exposed to the bugs, and they panicked and threw his body in the septic tank to cover up his death. Maybe they thought they could get a bunch of reward money and he would never be found.

That house will have to be burned down, there is no way anyone else would ever want to live there. I wonder why Gma was so insistent that it "wasn't that bad." Didn't she realize LE would go in and see all the bugs and filth??

Had she been there recently? Maybe a reporter needs to go look at her house :what:

I had not thought of Jake dying at the home, and the parents covering it up.

I think gma is in a big case of denial and not just this situation.

Not sure if a rumor or not, but I read on another site that gpa fathered gma's grandchildren (with gma's daughter, his stepdaughter). Edit to add: Not the daughter in jail, another one.

Not to be taken as fact, but in the comments under an article it mentioned that grandma lived next door in similar conditions. So maybe that is normal for them?

Is Sabrina's RSO father, the spouse/ex of the grandmother making the comments?

Hoarding roaches? Maybe they think of them as their little pets?

We have a lot of humidity here, and bugs can get out of control very quickly if nothing is done to combat them.

But... no excuses, this was just horrifying!

LOL, no. Many of the homes on the show were piled to the hilt in everyroom and hallway. Some the roof was leaking or partially missing with major damage to the house with mold, piles of diapers or bags of feces in the bathroom..or outside. Piles of garbage and dirty dishes next to the very chair they were sleeping in as well as the kitchen. Rotting food and/or pet feces all over, etc. And bugs galore.

Outside agencies, along with a psychologist to assist with person, are called in to remove the trash/garbage and make repairs if they can...if not the house is condemned. Any children living in the home were instantly removed until the house was rendered healthy to be lived in again.

It's really sad for the person suffering, but twice as sad and unexcusable if there are children exposed it. IMO

Hoarding: Buried Alive- Maggots in the Coffee Pot - YouTube

LOL, no. Many of the homes on the show were piled to the hilt in everyroom and hallway. Some the roof was leaking or partially missing with major damage to the house with mold, piles of diapers or bags of feces in the bathroom..or outside. Piles of garbage and dirty dishes next to the very chair they were sleeping in as well as the kitchen. Rotting food and/or pet feces all over, etc. And bugs galore.

Outside agencies, along with a psychologist to assist with person, are called in to remove the trash/garbage and make repairs if they can...if not the house is condemned. Any children living in the home were instantly removed until the house was rendered healthy to be lived in again.

It's really sad for the person suffering, but twice as sad and unexcusable if there are children exposed it. IMO

Hoarding: Buried Alive- Maggots in the Coffee Pot - YouTube

I've watched a few of those hoarding shows and I always think, how on earth can anyone let a place get that bad?! It's a mental illness.
I'm kind of a pack rat, married to a pack rat, but I draw the line at the junk that can accumulate over time.
Seeing those videos just made me sick. Those poor children were probably swallowing roaches in their sleep!

Had she been there recently? Maybe a reporter needs to go look at her house :what:

I had not thought of Jake dying at the home, and the parents covering it up.

Just to clarify, that was only a thought because of the dad being at work when the child was reported missing, but the oldest child saying he saw him kick the baby in a hole. I'm sure this case is difficult for the detectives to put together with all the details coming out but it does make one wonder.
Surely the g/ma has been in the house and knew the condition of it. If her house was just as bad, then realistically those children had no safe haven. Wherever they all are now, I'm sure they think they're in heaven, even though some foster homes are not happy places, I would say that they couldn't be that bad. Hopefully they are somewhere that's clean, and sleeping in bug-free beds and eating nice, fresh food. God Bless them!

I've watched a few of those hoarding shows and I always think, how on earth can anyone let a place get that bad?! It's a mental illness.
I'm kind of a pack rat, married to a pack rat, but I draw the line at the junk that can accumulate over time.
Seeing those videos just made me sick. Those poor children were probably swallowing roaches in their sleep!

I've seen a few of the "Hoarding" shows, too. But only a couple were actually "hoarders" in my opinion. Hoarding means to collect, or not be able to throw anything away, right? Most of those shows do not show any hoarding, they show trash and filth. I'm sorry, but in my mind, thats just sloth. Theres plenty of times I don't feel like picking up pizza boxes or cans or wrappers from my teenagers and thier friends, or my husband or myself. But I don't want to live in a trash can. And if something is broken in my house its fixed so it doesn't cause more damage. If you own a home, then you should have the resources to fix any damage. I'm sorry if this offends, but only a few times have I ever seen a homeowner on hoarders that COULDN'T, they just wouldn't. As for THIS house, that is just laziness. When I was growing up a sharecroppers daughter went to my school. She didn't have but a couple of skirts that she wore every day, but that skirt was cleaned, starched and ironed every day. And the little shack they lived in was immaculate. And the mom baked the best cookies I've ever tasted. Her kitchen was cleaner than ours as a matter of fact. And this was in the early 70's. Maybe the mom here felt overwhelmed and became addicted to drugs or something and her online life became her "real" life. How sad is that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back