GUILTY TX - Jake Kimbley, 2, Smith County, 21 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FYI: Today, grandperv ( Leo Harber) was sentenced to 20 years in prison at his revocation hearing! He's 73, so he will die in prison.

Thanks for the update LS1234. Are you going to attend the hearing next Friday?

I will be late. I live 45 min away and I drop my kids off at school @8am.

I meant to update you guys sooner, but today's hearing was just their arraignment for the criminal charges. I chose not to go because it would be uneventful. Their jury trial is in a couple of weeks, and I'll be sure to make that and give you any updated in the mean time.

I meant to update you guys sooner, but today's hearing was just their arraignment for the criminal charges. I chose not to go because it would be uneventful. Their jury trial is in a couple of weeks, and I'll be sure to make that and give you any updated in the mean time.

Whoa, that's fast. We've had cases that take years to go to trial. I'm impressed.

Just in- the arraignment was postponed until Oct. 15th.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted! Jake's case is one of those that just sticks with me, plus the fate of his siblings. I wish that we knew how they are coping, and if they are clean, happy, and healthy. I hope so.

Some updates:

Authorities: Autopsy results expected in 2-year-old's death by Friday

http://www.wafb.com/story/19347021/still-no-official-suspects-in

This is alarming....

Wednesday evening, Child Protective Services took custody of five other children in Jake's family after the Smith County DA's Office filed paperwork that said they are investigating this death as a homicide.

"The family of the child took the remaining children, the living children, to an individual to stay with this individual who was just released from jail yesterday," Smith County District Attorney Matt Bingham said. "And that was one reason that concerns us. Another, in the home, as we put in our motion, had severe roach infestation. There were environmental hazards in that home that we believed posed a serious risk to the remaining children should they remain in the house, and we put that in the motion."

WTH? Does this mean the kids are back in that disgusting house?:nerves:

ETA-NEVERMIND! It was hard to understand what he meant, but it looks like he's saying CPS took custody of the children BECAUSE they were returned to the roach infested pit.

Bumping up for Jake. Haven't seen any news about the autopsy report yet.

You're not forgotten, little guy!

No news about the autopsy results yet. The jury trial, which was set for 10/15/12 has been postponed until 11/26/12.

This case has touched my heart. IMHO I don't think he died by accident. :(
Here's an update about the future of the rest of the children. Looks like they will all be adopted, assuming that's what is meant by the phrase pemanent home. Someone tell me, does his mean CPS may have been involved before? Isn't it common to put parents through mandatory training and give them another chance, or are additional charges coming we aren't privy to just yet? Or have I forgotten something?

All MHOO :moo:

http://www.americanownews.com/story...udy-for-kimbley-children?clienttype=printable

Eta, not saying I think a 2nd chance should be given, just I thought it was the norm . You can't make
Parents love their children.... :(

I check every couple of days to see if there have been updates on this little guy...they had said autopsy results would be in a couple weeks ago, but I haven't seen anything. Very strange.

I hope the rest of the kids are doing OK.

This case has touched my heart. IMHO I don't think he died by accident. :(
Here's an update about the future of the rest of the children. Looks like they will all be adopted, assuming that's what is meant by the phrase pemanent home. Someone tell me, does his mean CPS may have been involved before? Isn't it common to put parents through mandatory training and give them another chance, or are additional charges coming we aren't privy to just yet? Or have I forgotten something?

All MHOO :moo:

http://www.americanownews.com/story...udy-for-kimbley-children?clienttype=printable

Eta, not saying I think a 2nd chance should be given, just I thought it was the norm . You can't make
Parents love their children.... :(

No, he didn't die by accident, I'm pretty sure of that.
I don't know whether CPS has been involved before, but I doubt they will get the children back any time soon.
Some people should just never have children. It's that simple.

Still nothing on this little guys cause of death? I had last heard that it should of been released by now. This is yet another strange case. Poor baby. It is appalling that this sweet baby boy had to die to give his other siblings a chance at a decent life. Just makes me ill. I hope justice is done for Jake, he certainly deserves it. I was looking at the septic tank in our backyard today. The hole used to pump it out is pretty big, but the cover on it is not only locked, but it is EXTREMELY heavy. We just had our system put in over the summer, so this may be because it's a new model, but when the cover is opened, a LOUD annoying alarm goes off. I so hope this poor baby's death gets the justice he deserves :please:

Hearings
09/28/2012

Friday

8:00am

Arraignment
Result: Hearing Not Needed

10/15/2012
Monday 10:00am Jury Trial

Result: CONTINUED 11/26/2012 Monday10:00am Jury Trial
Next Court Appearance is November 26th. Maybe the October hearing was continued in order to buy time on those test results?

Funny how some forensic results are ramrodded through the labs, and some seem to take forever. Carnel Chamberlain's case comes to mind. He was killed back in June, and forensic results have still not come back
icon9.gif

Still nothing on this little guys cause of death? I had last heard that it should of been released by now. This is yet another strange case. Poor baby. It is appalling that this sweet baby boy had to die to give his other siblings a chance at a decent life. Just makes me ill. I hope justice is done for Jake, he certainly deserves it. I was looking at the septic tank in our backyard today. The hole used to pump it out is pretty big, but the cover on it is not only locked, but it is EXTREMELY heavy. We just had our system put in over the summer, so this may be because it's a new model, but when the cover is opened, a LOUD annoying alarm goes off. I so hope this poor baby's death gets the justice he deserves :please:

I can't believe that they still haven't determined COD, I bet it's just not being released to the public. But nobody leaves the lid to a septic tank open. He was put in there hoping no one would ever think to look in it. That lid had to be raised by the septic company.
I pray that he was already dead when he went in. That would be the most horrible way to die I can think of.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back