TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Maps

this is a view of the intersection that Jason is said to have taken a left turn at and eventually ended up on Salt Flat Road instead of a right turn on 183 to take him to Route 10 and home.
Is that a camera that is pointed the direction he is coming from? Also, the signs are pretty clear as to his making a right hand turn to take him to Route 10, particularly since he had done it before. I also did this Google street trip all the way down from TSU and noted that every large intersection had what looked like these cameras on them. (They may not be cameras) and I also noted only a Texaco station on the right on the way down. All this for discussion.
You can click and drag so to see what it looked like when he made the left hand turn.
Thanks for posting this. Sure does look like cameras.

Jason had a recent misdemeanor traffic citation (disregard red light - traffic signal) that he promptly addressed by taking an online driver safety course on 11/30/20. Looks like he might still owe a balance of $245. The court record can’t be directly linked but can be pulled up here:

http://public.co.hays.tx.us/Search.aspx?ID=100&NodeID=100,101,102,103,200,201,202,203,204,6112,400,401,402,403,404,405,406,407,6111,6114&NodeDesc=All Courts

Nothing else shows up.
That link is helpful in that it shows his address. From that I can search the police blotter and see that a missing persons label is attached to the police blotter on 12-19. That is his address, but it doesn't give the apartment number so I don't know who it corresponds with exactly. Anyone have thoughts?

Here is the pdf https://www.sanmarcostx.gov/DocumentCenter/View/5875/SMPD-Incident-Blotter-12-21-2020-pdf
from this link: Daily Police Blotters | City of San Marcos, TX
200000066643 12/19/2020 12:17:31 PM Missing Person No Report 512 Craddock

As far as timeline info I can also see these calls that could quite possibly be related to Jason. From the city site Services | City of San Marcos, TX choose "crime statistics", then san marcos, which will take you here: My Neighborhood Update From this link, use 512 Craddock Ave as search, and sort by date.

Welfare Check 500 BLK CRADDOCK AVE 12/14/20 17:43:44 N/A N/A
paleblue_MarkerO.png
Welfare Check 500 BLK CRADDOCK AVE 12/14/20 08:32:06 N/A N/A
green_MarkerP.png
Assist Other Agency 500 BLK CRADDOCK AVE 12/14/20 01:57:02 N/A N/A

Since he was first reported missing, it was reported he had been heading home for the holidays, but I have never heard anyone interviewed or referenced in MSM as saying that Jason communicated to anyone what his plans were.
Also one article said he was believed to be traveling home for the holidays. I thought that was interesting. The fact that the parents were asleep when they got the call at 2am and not worried that he hadn’t made it home yet made me wonder if they were even aware he was apparently on his way.

Also one article said he was believed to be traveling home for the holidays. I thought that was interesting. The fact that the parents were asleep when they got the call at 2am and not worried that he hadn’t made it home yet made me wonder if they were even aware he was apparently on his way.
same...And yet so far no mention of who his last contact was. Best case scenario would be he wasn't in that car. Anyone interviewed roomates? When was he last seen? I haven't looked, is he in Namus?

It was suggested earlier that Jason may have been driving home to surprise his parents, hence their reaction when LE called at 2 a.m.

What if he was going somewhere else?
Exams had been over for several days.
Don’t know if or where he was working.
(I would think at 21 years old with a car and other expenses- he would have been working somewhere) And if he was working, was he off for a week or two?
JMO

(I would think at 21 years old with a car and other expenses- he would have been working somewhere) And if he was working, was he off for a week or two?
JMO
This is exactly what I was thinking. What if he wasn’t on his way home at all? Could he have known someone in that area in or by Luling?

His FB says he works at Jimmy Johns.

Last edited:
I am serious with this question. How do we even know he was in the car? Did he call or text parents when he left? Did anyone know he was leaving? What if something different happened before he even left?

No one could tell who was in the car (even with DNA, there could be mistakes). However, it was his car and I believe there were phone calls made near the beginning of his journey.

I always think about this same issue - at what point could the car have been commandeered by someone else? I keep worrying about it in several similar cases (Erika Lloyd, for example).

Or...who else was in the car? I remember distinctly that when I was young I sometimes gave others a ride...and sometimes took a ride, it was not always a good idea.

I wonder if any people traveling local know whether hitchhikers use that route as a common ride-getting place?

Texas college student, 21, vanishes while driving home for Christmas with his car found in a ditch | Daily Mail Online

I’ve never heard of Waze. Is it GPS you can use from your phone or is it a separate device you set up in your vehicle? Reliability? Features that may be useful?

Family members say they think a malfunctioning traffic app caused a rerouting of his navigational system and led to him being so far off track.

'I don't know why my son was down this road my best guess, he will follow Waze wherever it sends him, he was coming home from college, but he was here on this road.

It's believed Landry was on the wrong road and was somehow he ended up on Salt Flat Road which parallels Highway 86, the route he should have taken

JMO

This is exactly what I was thinking. What if he wasn’t on his way home at all? Could he have known someone in that area in or by Luling?

His FB says he works at Jimmy Johns.

It crossed my mind as well.
Maybe he wasn’t heading home?
Or maybe he was making a stop somewhere else before heading home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste