TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing though. Almost all kids that age have fake names on their accounts so not just anyone can find them. My kids, age 19-21, all hav Insta, Twitter, Snap and all with fake names so nothing can ever be tied back to them.
Totally agree!!!!! My grandsons do too and so do most of their friends. IMO Facebook isn't the popular SM platform with the younger generation anymore.

I would hope that if this is the case with Jason, and that close friends may have been privy to it, they would have disclosed this info to authorities since Jason went missing without explanation. Maybe?
I also would have hoped that close friends and family would be speaking to the media, just to keep his name out there and keep the story going. This is a weird case for sure.

Google Maps

this is a view of the intersection that Jason is said to have taken a left turn at and eventually ended up on Salt Flat Road instead of a right turn on 183 to take him to Route 10 and home.
Is that a camera that is pointed the direction he is coming from? Also, the signs are pretty clear as to his making a right hand turn to take him to Route 10, particularly since he had done it before. I also did this Google street trip all the way down from TSU and noted that every large intersection had what looked like these cameras on them. (They may not be cameras) and I also noted only a Texaco station on the right on the way down. All this for discussion.
You can click and drag so to see what it looked like when he made the left hand turn.

Actually, on looking at that intersection more, it appears that he went straight across it and did not make a left. Up a few blocks he bore left onto Spruce St. and that turned into Salt Flat Road where his car was found.

Wondering if he wanted to stop at buc-ee’s (Open 24 hrs) and wanted to go the shorter route through Luling vs going to I-10 and was looking for a turn onto 183. I can see going a few miles down Salt Flat looking for a turn to 183. Maybe he had to go to the bathroom and just decided to go a bit further so no one would happen upon him.

I would hope that if this is the case with Jason, and that close friends may have been privy to it, they would have disclosed this info to authorities since Jason went missing without explanation. Maybe?

Im confident my kids friends would hand that info over to police, but I guess it would depend on the friends and what else could be involved.

Google Maps

this is a view of the intersection that Jason is said to have taken a left turn at and eventually ended up on Salt Flat Road instead of a right turn on 183 to take him to Route 10 and home.
Is that a camera that is pointed the direction he is coming from? Also, the signs are pretty clear as to his making a right hand turn to take him to Route 10, particularly since he had done it before. I also did this Google street trip all the way down from TSU and noted that every large intersection had what looked like these cameras on them. (They may not be cameras) and I also noted only a Texaco station on the right on the way down. All this for discussion.
You can click and drag so to see what it looked like when he made the left hand turn.
Wow. Thanks for posting this. That definitely appears to be a camera. I can buy into him missing the turn, but thanks to your google link, I have a hard time understanding why he continued driving the wrong way as long as he did. This is a big question mark for me. (I kept clicking along, following the path he took on Salt Flat Rd.) It also really gave me an idea of what a tough area this would be to (thoroughly) search.

ETA: If he missed the turn by quite a bit, I wonder if the re-routing feature would have kept him on Salt Flat Rd. for any reason? I need to look at a map.

Last edited:
This is a tabloid article from today, but the comments are interesting.
Texas college student, 21, vanishes while driving home for Christmas with his car found in a ditch | Daily Mail Online

Someone mentions the case of Kristin Cavallari's brother. It's very similar to this one.
Kristin Cavallari's brother found dead
Some of the comments on Jason's case are just plain rude and unnecessary !!!
Heck, some of them don't even pertain to Jason being missing. UGH
Why, oh why do people have to post anything if they don't have anything nice to say???
Why cant they just scroll and roll?
Just one of my pet peeves--
But it was a good article, IMO

The chances of him being found alive now are exceedingly slim, and LE has already said they’ve exhausted all resources in the absence of additional information. His father is a pastor and likely has a lot of responsibilities to tend to during the holidays, and friends may not be readily available for the same reason.

Often in cases where family and friends pursue independent action and media coverage, it’s due to 1) suspicion of foul play, and 2) without the explicit blessing of LE and/or with the belief that LE hasn’t been proactive enough. There’s no evidence of foul play, and, IMO, the family believes LE & SAR have been and continue to be proactive. If evidence of foul play were to emerge, I’m sure media coverage would ramp back up.

I personally think that understanding more about Jason’s state of mind leading up to the accident would increase our understanding of how the accident happened and what actions he may have taken afterwards. However, I don’t anticipate that will be reported in MSM unless it corresponds with finding him in the near future. JMO.

Excellent points and I agree. The idea that the dad and friends would be too busy is very sad. I agree that looking into his state of mind before the accident is important, and my thought is that the family is aware of previous issues. Sadly, I don't think there will be a happy resolution in this case.

Wondering if he wanted to stop at buc-ee’s (Open 24 hrs) and wanted to go the shorter route through Luling vs going to I-10 and was looking for a turn onto 183. I can see going a few miles down Salt Flat looking for a turn to 183. Maybe he had to go to the bathroom and just decided to go a bit further so no one would happen upon him.
Well he came into Luling from 80 & he was indeed supposed to go through Luling (south) to IH10, but instead he went the opposite way (north) onto Salt Flat Rd. What Buc-ee’s are you talking about? I don’t think he was near one?

eta. Welcome to WS!!!

Buc-ee's #17
10070 West IH 10
Luling Texas 78658[/QUOTE If he had taken the right at the light he would have come to the Buc-ee's at the interchange with IH 10 without difficulty. Instead, he continued straight through the intersection eventually bearing to the left onto Salt Flat Road. There wouldn't have been much traffic that late at night and the intersection is well lit so I have a hard time understanding how he missed the turn and then traveled so far and never seem to have made an attempt to turn around and come back to the intersection.
MOO MOO MOO

Thx! I didn’t realize that buc-ee’s on IH10 is in Luling. But still he wouldn’t have taken Salt Flat as a shortcut to IH 10 like the OP was wondering about—that’s completely backwards!

Exactly.

I think he was distracted, it was dark, and really late for a small town... they probably roll up the sidewalks around 8 p.m. on a Sunday night... and he missed his turn. Maybe he wasn't using his GPS app after all.

My favorite landmark in that area is the watermelon-shaped water tower near I-10. That's how I know I'm in Luling (and close to I-10).

Buc-ee's might've been a destination for him, since they are open 24/7.

How often has he made this trip from school to home (not sure of his year in college). Driving at night, IMO, shows a different landscape, even for an familiar drive.

I’m sure his parents were asked, maybe even friends, how do you think he would react in a ER situation? Immediately try to fix the situation himself, stay put for as long as possible, etc.? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lafan