TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be the common thing, as mentioned; however, what I keep coming back to is that it is TES searching, they’re the best of the best...sure we’ve seen many times searchers miss...Point is, if I had to wager, if TES didn’t find him, then my GUESS is he’s out of that 2.0 radius, jmo, especially the search is being conducted relatively soon after Jason has gone missing.

Graphic / has to do with remains:
Now there is of course the possibility of wildlife scattering, jmo (which of course TES is aware of).
TES are good but it's still easy to miss a person lying in the wilderness.

Last year we had an elderly man wander out of his house in the winter. The entire police, sheriff and fire department, perhaps 3 dozen people, looked for two days. He was found 30o feet from his house in the middle of the empty corn field right across the street. Unfortunately he had passed. It's very difficult to find a person even in open terrain. I know @margarita25 knows this but anyone else: go throw one of your old jackets and a small pile of clothes in a random spot in the woods and leave if for a day or so- then send someone out to randomly find it starting a mile away. Even if you give them GPS coordinates they might miss it.

Last edited:
TES are good but it's still easy to miss a person lying in the wilderness.

Last year we had an elderly man wander out of his house in the winter. The entire police, sheriff and fire department, perhaps 3 dozen people, looked for two days. He was found 30o feet from his house in the middle of the empty corn field right across the street. Unfortunately he had passed. It's very difficult to find a person even in open terrain. I know @margarita25 knows this but anyone else: go throw one of your old jackets and a small pile of clothes in a random spot in the woods and leave if for a day or so- then send someone out to randomly find it starting a mile away. Even if you give them GPS coordinates they might miss it.

For sure. There are soooo many cases where searchers, the best of them, that just didn’t find them.

That’s what is weird to me. If his parents expected him home, they were going to be asleep when he arrived.

I found his Twitter. https://twitter.com/jasonlandry_?s=21

ETA: adding insta as well. Login • Instagram
Twitter divulged zero, sadly.
Insta is private.

Where the hell could he be and why are LE focusing so strongly on his digital footprint?
https://co-a2.freetls.fastly.net/co-uploads/2020/12/20201219_111332-1600x1200.jpg
Are they considering something specific or merely covering all bases?

EquuSearch said the search will be suspended until law enforcement has credible and sufficient information that would lead to a more specific area to search.

The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office is taking over the investigation of the Landry case, according to Sgt. William Miller, a public information and crime prevention officer.
Update: Texas EquuSearch suspends search for missing Texas State student

Has it ever been stated what time he left or why he left so late?

No, it has not been reported when he left. However, the report was called in at around 12:30 AM. Jason traveled on TX 80 and the car was found off Salt Flat Rd north of Luling, TX. Google Maps shows it's about 25 miles/32 minutes to reach that area. I don't think they've said the length of time that lapsed from the crash to when it was reported, but I would guess-timate he might have left at 11:00 PM at the latest.

That’s what is weird to me. If his parents expected him home, they were going to be asleep when he arrived.

That doesn't surprise me in the least. If my child was coming home in the middle of the night I wouldn't be waiting up for him. I'd simply see him in the morning when we all woke up. Either that or he can plan on arriving at a more decent hour if he wants me awake when he arrives. lol

Last edited:
That doesn't surprise me in the least. If my child was coming home in the middle of the night I wouldn't be waiting up for him. I'd simply see him in the morning when we all work up. Either that or he can plan on arriving at a more decent hour if he wants me awake when he arrives. lol
I have kids a little older. When they came home from college they arrived at all hours. They would leave late after whatever it was they had to do (exam, work, etc) and drive at night so they could maximize their home time. We would catch up the next day. That said, I often plead with them not to drive that late and worried about them.

Twitter divulged zero, sadly.
Insta is private.

Where the hell could he be and why are LE focusing so strongly on his digital footprint?
https://co-a2.freetls.fastly.net/co-uploads/2020/12/20201219_111332-1600x1200.jpg
Are they considering something specific or merely covering all bases?
I don’t know it says to me depressed. You always need to look at someone’s “likes” to see more of their story. I see likes for girls, weed, depression type posts, and gaming. His last activity was a “like” on 12-10.

ETA-I also notice when he tweets he usually get 0 likes and 0 comments. Last one with a comment was from 2019. Concerned he may not have many friends in real life, just in gaming.

if it's an iPhone - no. Touch ID times out within 24-48 hours of last unlock or after reboot and requires the passcode.

However, it hasn't been reported what type of phone it is. If iPhone, the last two models with Touch ID are the iPhone 8 and iPhone SE (2020).

If Android, all Samsung phones since the Galaxy S4 have some type of fingerprint sensor (recent ones have it under the screen). The Pixel 1, 2 and 4 have a rear fingerprint sensor.

I just assumed it was an iPhone based on LE talking about accessing his info through iCloud.
But again, an assumption.

I don’t know it says to me depressed. You always need to look at someone’s “likes” to see more of their story. I see likes for girls, weed, depression type posts, and gaming. His last activity was a “like” on 12-10.

ETA-I also notice when he tweets he usually get 0 likes and 0 comments. Last one with a comment was from 2019. Concerned he may not have many friends in real life, just in gaming.
I agree. His Twitter is full of information if you dig. Im curious about his grades and how school was going.

He worked for Jimmy Johns...so I wonder if he left for home after his shift?

EquuSearch said the search will be suspended until law enforcement has credible and sufficient information that would lead to a more specific area to search.

The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office is taking over the investigation of the Landry case, according to Sgt. William Miller, a public information and crime prevention officer.
Update: Texas EquuSearch suspends search for missing Texas State student

Maybe I'm still just trying to read between the lines or isolate parts of quotes but....I'm still hung up on "credible and sufficient information...."

That doesn't surprise me in the least. If my child was coming home in the middle of the night I wouldn't be waiting up for him. I'd simply see him in the morning when we all woke up. Either that or he can plan on arriving at a more decent hour if he wants me awake when he arrives. lol

I agree. No way I stayed up knowing my guys were "on the way..." when they were Jason's age.

I trusted them and knew they were responsible drivers. And they knew I would answer the phone if they needed me. And if they needed me when they finally rolled in they also knew I'll roll out of bed for a little bit....

OOF! I tried finding him on Twitter last night.... too many!

I agree about activity on Social Media! It can really tell you a lot.

Also, good point about maybe leaving after his shift!

I was more searching for clues as to where he might be currently, if alive. That's why it yielded zero to me.
Kinda typical college kids twitter...
But he was no slave to social media, posted irregularly from what I can see and nothing personal

I was more searching for clues as to where he might be currently, if alive. That's why it yielded zero to me.
But he was no slave to social media, posted irregularly from what I can see and nothing personal[/QUO

Unless he used Snap more.....and I think there is another one that the teens and college age use ... can't think of the name.

But he was no slave to social media, posted irregularly from what I can see and nothing personal[/QUO

Unless he used Snap more.....and I think there is another one that the teens and college age use ... can't think of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState