TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if he was thinking clearly. I sure wasn't the time I rolled my car. I 'saved' 1 shoe I found in the accident like 1 shoe was ever going to do me any good.

So... ya never know in these sorts of situations. People don't always think clearly after getting in an accident. A surge of adrenaline and getting bounced around a car can do strange things to a person's thinking ability.
True-- I was in a roll over accident myself (my vehicle rolled twice before being stopped by trees down in a ravine) so not sure if I would have thought to lock doors or not.
although all the windows were blown out of my vehicle so not much point locking it LOL
Everything inside my vehicle ended up outside except me. EVERYTHING---except me.

Last edited:
Last edited:
True-- I was in a roll over accident myself (my vehicle rolled twice before being stopped by trees down in a ravine) so not sure if I would have thought to lock doors or not.
although all the windows were blown out of my vehicle so not much point locking it LOL

I got hit from behind when I was sitting at a red stoplight. The driver was going about 50 mph. When I stumbled out of my car, other drivers had to explain what they witnessed because I was to disoriented and stunned to understand what happened. They helped me sit down on the side of the road and wait for the ambulance. Before the ambulance took off one of the firemen retrieved my phone for me. I was totally not thinking of my phone!

There are four possibilities as I see it.

He wandered away, succumbed to his injuries or the elements, and was missed by searching.

Someone removed him from the area.

He removed himself from the area.

He was never IN the area.

The first remains the most likely. A single car accident on a remote road, resulting in death.

But it is indeed baffling, which leads to wider speculation.

Could he have been trying to flee someone? Turned off on a back road.... sped up on lose gravel....

Was he alone in the car? Were any other cars traveling with him? Did he have an intermediate stop and an actual reason to be on the road?

Did he swerve and overcorrect, just all by himself, no other actors? Fall asleep at the wheel, see an animal, think he saw an animal?

Did dogs track his steps or is that a false lead? Possible, not probable, someone picked him up...

Could a whole different crime have occurred elsewhere? The car itself, staged.

Or the oil field driver, did he miss the crash, it was there and he didn't see it? Is he the last person to not see him? Perhaps the timeline is off and he crashed earlier, walked farther?

Holding out for a happy ending, but I suspect the straightest line will hold. Driving late at night, unfamiliar road, traffic accident, followed by death.....

A sad ending to a sad year.

JMO

Last edited:
The keys left in ignition but doors locked could indicate that on top of the accident itself he accidentally locked his keys in the car (phone inside also) and felt no option but to go on foot for help since it doesn’t sound like there were many passing cars in that area.

ALSO in the event he was picked up by someone shortly after walking away, the backpack with “contents” could have been accidentally dropped/left behind since it was dark.

Regarding the news info about certain contents being found in the backpack... I don’t think it’s out of the question for LE to have kept that under wraps because in the early days of this case he could have been found and had an explanation therefore no need to release that detail. I doubt we’re talking about a huge stash of anything - might be as innocent as a bottle of pills prescribed to someone else or in an unmarked container. What bothers me the most is the wallet being in the backpack - that really feels off, because for most guys their wallet stays on them at most times while fully dressed... if someone wanted to leave no doubt “who” the backpack belonged to though to stage a scene (even a “he walked this direction” clue), a wallet with ID etc. would certainly do it.

BBM--- doors locked, keys in ignition??
I could see keys being in the ignition, but IF he was going to lock the doors, then he would take the keys, IMO
Do we know the year of his Altima? I had a 2008 Altima. It had a push button start, not a key-turn ignition. Also, with the smart key technology it was not possible to lock myself out of the car. I’m wondering about the accuracy of these details.

I like this approach and have also thought there’s something behind the frequent college changes.

The lack of statements from friends and possible roommates has made me wonder about his social circle, especially starting a new school during times of covid. It would be hard establishing new friends switching schools each year, and it seems the people speaking up from his hometown are more connected with his father’s church than with Jason.

You mention Spider-Man and his ordinary guy problems — I can connect those dots here. But I have a hard time connecting dots between Jason and a meth circle operating out of Luling, for instance. JMO. But we’ve both thought that figuring out how he (or his car) got there is key.

I sure hope that LE or family (with go-ahead) addresses what was found, because there’s a whole lot of gray between “backpack full of narcotics” and “a THC vape cartridge,” for instance. And it’s just odd to me that the backpack would be outside the car, though I suppose if it is black, it would be easy to miss on the ground at night.

Honestly, I’m not sure what scenario gives him the best chances for survival. I fear they’re slim in all cases. :(
My mention of the meth in the area left a bit out for someone else to extrapolate from. My thoughts went to who might be in abandoned houses in the area cooking meth. Or on the backroads late at night to cross paths with, that is all. I don’t expect a “buy” or “deal” or “mule” situation.

Do we know the year of his Altima? I had a 2008 Altima. It had a push button start, not a key-turn ignition. Also, with the smart key technology it was not possible to lock myself out of the car. I’m wondering about the accuracy of these details.
I feel like I read 2003 ? Anyone know?
The keys left in ignition but doors locked could indicate that on top of the accident itself he accidentally locked his keys in the car (phone inside also) and felt no option but to go on foot for help since it doesn’t sound like there were many passing cars in that area.

ALSO in the event he was picked up by someone shortly after walking away, the backpack with “contents” could have been accidentally dropped/left behind since it was dark.

Regarding the news info about certain contents being found in the backpack... I don’t think it’s out of the question for LE to have kept that under wraps because in the early days of this case he could have been found and had an explanation therefore no need to release that detail. I doubt we’re talking about a huge stash of anything - might be as innocent as a bottle of pills prescribed to someone else or in an unmarked container. What bothers me the most is the wallet being in the backpack - that really feels off, because for most guys their wallet stays on them at most times while fully dressed... if someone wanted to leave no doubt “who” the backpack belonged to though to stage a scene (even a “he walked this direction” clue), a wallet with ID etc. would certainly do it.
The back window was out in the images released. Who knows if it was after the crash. If he accidentally locked keys in and wanted in, he could’ve gone through back window possibly.

My take from the broadcast at 6 PM:

Reporter Marin Austin (of Fox 7 - Austin) reported Texas Department of Public Services (DPS) reported narcotics found 100 feet from the JL's wrecked vehicle on 12/13/20 (image of a police report in the background).

Marin also reported the keys were in the ignition, and the car doors locked.

It was not clear if she was reading from the police report image but I assume she was and/or obtained the info from the same report.

MOO

Live News Stream: Watch FOX 7 Austin

ETA: IMO, I believe the "narcotic" info is probably being reported today after the News Reporter filed FOIA for the actual 12/13 report by DPS.
Many thanks to all reporting what's being said re - fox7 news , links not available to view in Europe so thanks for keeping us in the loop .

They saw eachother at Thanksgiving.
If he is missing he could grow a beard while alive and without facilities.
They are not searching for a facial recognition opening tool, they are searching for a 6 digit coded key.
Nearly a week after his disappearance, search for missing Texas State student continues
That’s good to know. I would bet they also had pictures from Thanksgiving that are more current than the one he shared to his Facebook in September.

And yes, I know they said they need a 6 digit code. The fact is it’s possible even with that code that some apps may not open without facial identification or a password. You can set it up that way. My bank account, credit card, security system all require my facial identification. If that’s not available a passcode won’t open, just a password. Which hopefully could be reset with an email account on his phone.

I’m also willing to bet parents pay for his cellphone and could tell last text and last data usage at this point.

I did a plate lookup based on the image of the car posted upthread...it's a 2003 Nissan Altima, six cylinder, 3.5L. I have not a clue how legit the website is, I just searched my own car's plate and it's accurate, but I thought license plate information was highly sensitive.

[Also please delete if not allowed].

I did a plate lookup based on the image of the car posted upthread...it's a 2003 Nissan Altima, six cylinder, 3.5L. I have not a clue how legit the website is, I just searched my own car's plate and it's accurate, but I thought license plate information was highly sensitive.

[Also please delete if not allowed].
Hmm interestingly the keys for that year include a transponder key, and a remote. Appears you lock car with the remote . So where was the remote? Was it on a keychain with key in ignition? Or not?
Replacement Car Keys and Remotes for 2003 Nissan Altima

ABC/13 News video at link below:

Father of missing Texas State student says search is still on: 'We're hopeful'

Dec 29, 2020

MISSOURI CITY, Texas (KTRK) -- The father of a missing Texas State student says though it's been a painful process to endure, the search for his son continues.

Jason Landry, 21, is a Houston native who family members said went missing while en route to Sienna.

Jason's Nissan Altima was found Sunday, Dec. 13 just outside of Luling. It had been crashed and abandoned on a road. Luling is about 30 minutes away from San Marcos, where Texas State University is located.

[..]

"The search coordinators thought it best if trained searchers looked for him," wrote the father on the Southminister Presbyterian Church's Facebook page. "It limited the people that could throw off the scent of Jason's trail. The trained searchers had GPS tracking so they could be certain what areas were searched ... They used a drone to do 3D mapping of the area recently. That allows them to search for areas of interest on the computer, then go to that location to check it out. They plan to do another drone search soon."

The message was posted on Tuesday, 16 days into the family's ordeal of waiting for answers. The father said he and his family met with lead detectives and said they're still working to track down any information that may lead to Jason.

"Not being able to get into his phone or computer has slowed the process," said Kent. "They are waiting for the social media giants to respond with the data. We still have a lot of questions with few answers but are glad that we have not received the [worst] news, and are still hopeful."

Hmm interestingly the keys for that year include a transponder key, and a remote. Appears you lock car with the remote . So where was the remote? Was it on a keychain with key in ignition? Or not?
Replacement Car Keys and Remotes for 2003 Nissan Altima
I lost the only key & remote to my vehicle and about fell out when I learned how much a replacement remote was! I decided I’d just use the replacement key. :oops:
With that being said, I am still able to lock my doors with the keypad on the outside of my door...but even with that, my vehicle won’t lock with the key in the ignition unless it is running.

my vehicle won’t lock with the key in the ignition unless it is running.

I had a different experience when I tried to lock my 2015 Subaru with a spare keyfob when the main key was in the engine and it was running. It wouldn't lock.

I didn't make many attempts so maybe I didn't do something right (or think of what I should do to make it work). I was a little stressed when I tried this 'experiment'. This was recent (Christmas) so not like I'm trying to remember from years ago.

FB
FOX 7 Austin

Scroll down a little to find the post where Fox 7 “announced” they would share the news report @ 5.
Of course, there’s not specific details in the post itself (hopefully they’ll post that soon), but under the post are interesting comments (esp if they turn out to be true).
I find FB pages a tad hard to find anything on. Ctrl-F doesn't work real well unless you keep scrolling (adding new content as you scroll so something will get picked up by your find (Ctrl-F))

I did that, didn't find much other than people not happy that it appeared they were baiting/teasing viewers to watch and not forthcoming with info.

So... what is it YOU found that was so interesting? Would be easier to read here what it is you're referencing.

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member