TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FB

I find FB pages a tad hard to find anything on. Ctrl-F doesn't work real well unless you keep scrolling (adding new content as you scroll so something will get picked up by your find (Ctrl-F))

I did that, didn't find much other than people not happy that it appeared they were baiting/teasing viewers to watch and not forthcoming with info.

So... what is it YOU found that was so interesting? Would be easier to read here what it is you're referencing.

Thanks! :)
We’re not allowed to discuss the fb comments here—only point them out. I think you were in the right place but just didn’t read all the comments! :)

FB

I find FB pages a tad hard to find anything on. Ctrl-F doesn't work real well unless you keep scrolling (adding new content as you scroll so something will get picked up by your find (Ctrl-F))

I did that, didn't find much other than people not happy that it appeared they were baiting/teasing viewers to watch and not forthcoming with info.

So... what is it YOU found that was so interesting? Would be easier to read here what it is you're referencing.

Thanks! :)

For some reason I can’t post the permalink for that particular post! I believe it’s against TOS to post comments we find.
But the comments I was referring to were replies right under the ppl complaining about baiting viewers.

FOX 7 Austin

Scroll down a little to find the post where Fox 7 “announced” they would share the news report @ 5.
Of course, there’s not specific details in the post itself (hopefully they’ll post that soon), but under the post are interesting comments (esp if they turn out to be true).
Yikes.

It definitely matters what the “narcotic” in his backpack was. If it was some weed, I mean who cares—it makes no difference to the story IMO. But if it’s a lot of something harder then it could be really important.

Also just want to point out that I’ve lived in Texas my whole life, and I’ve never heard anyone refer to marijuana as a narcotic (even if it technically is classified as such). Not LE, not media, no one. It could be the news station doing that for theatrics sake, but that would just be weird IMO.

I tried once more and I have to say... I HATE FACEBOOK. Not a user, hated it the moment I tried it many years ago (and people out of my past were trying to contact me IMMEDIATELY). I closed my account and never looked back. It's just... creepy. And not easy to find stuff on IMHO, and I can find just about anything on the web if I put my mind to it.

There. I feel better. lol

No biggie. If it's big enough, and true, it will bubble to the top. You have to admit, Fox 7 leaves a lot to be desired...

Going back to the uncapped wells & whether it’s possible an adult could fall/fit into one...
I don’t know whether these wells are the same dimensions or not, but there’s another case which new developments have lead to the possibility that the MP was in a well here in Arkansas.

AR - AR - Brad Allen, 37, Fountain Hill, 18 July 2017

On the Ashley County Now link, there’s a photo of the well. Again, I don’t know if it is the same type or size but it may be useful for comparison.

It definitely matters what the “narcotic” in his backpack was. If it was some weed, I mean who cares—it makes no difference to the story IMO. But if it’s a lot of something harder then it could be really important.

Also just want to point out that I’ve lived in Texas my whole life, and I’ve never heard anyone refer to marijuana as a narcotic (even if it technically is classified as such). Not LE, not media, no one. It could be the news station doing that for theatrics sake, but that would just be weird IMO.
Defined here in with scheduling and some very strict laws.

Controlled Drugs
In Europe, we would consider that the term is most widely used in the US.
WE just call 'em all drugs here!
Narcotic is simply a description of a drug's action, the opposite to a stimulant, a narcotic sedates. So it is specific, in a way but the term describes a helluva lot of drugs!
Definition of Narcotic

Wasn't the backpack what LE used to find contact info in order to call his father at 2 a.m.? I thought I had read that somewhere. Did LE find the drugs in that same backpack, when they found the car, before calling Jason's father?

If drugs were indeed found in the backpack, did LE give this same backpack to the family and then have to retrieve it later as "evidence?" When exactly did they find the drugs then?

Maybe the type of drugs in the backpack really wasn't that concerning.

Wasn't the backpack what LE used to find contact info in order to call his father at 2 a.m.? I thought I had read that somewhere. Did LE find the drugs in that same backpack, when they found the car, before calling Jason's father?

If drugs were indeed found in the backpack, did LE give this same backpack to the family and then have to retrieve it later as "evidence?" When exactly did they find the drugs then?

Either that or they never looked in it at all.

ETA Seriously, I doubt very much if it was several kgs of raw opium or even close.

The keys left in ignition but doors locked could indicate that on top of the accident itself he accidentally locked his keys in the car (phone inside also) and felt no option but to go on foot for help since it doesn’t sound like there were many passing cars in that area.

ALSO in the event he was picked up by someone shortly after walking away, the backpack with “contents” could have been accidentally dropped/left behind since it was dark.

Regarding the news info about certain contents being found in the backpack... I don’t think it’s out of the question for LE to have kept that under wraps because in the early days of this case he could have been found and had an explanation therefore no need to release that detail. I doubt we’re talking about a huge stash of anything - might be as innocent as a bottle of pills prescribed to someone else or in an unmarked container. What bothers me the most is the wallet being in the backpack - that really feels off, because for most guys their wallet stays on them at most times while fully dressed... if someone wanted to leave no doubt “who” the backpack belonged to though to stage a scene (even a “he walked this direction” clue), a wallet with ID etc. would certainly do it.

I keep coming back to this - his DL being in the backpack that was found on the side of the road. WHY? Most young men wouldn't keep it in a backpack, its either on them in a pocket or in the car console. This just doesn't feel like a case of 'wrecked and got lost and died' to me.

TEXSAR@TEXSAR1

TEXSAR Members continue to aid local authorities in the search for Jason Landry in Caldwell County. Many TEXSAR members have traveled across the state to serve in this time of need. Keep encouraging and praying for the Landry family, the first responders, and all involved.
Quote Tweet

t6Xe8OxF_mini.jpg

CBS Austin
@cbsaustin
· Dec 15
"All I know is my son was in a car crash, he walked away from that car crash, and he’s hurt and he’s alone and he’s out here,” said Kent. “And I just want my boy found.” https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/fa...tate-student-continues-searching-for-answers…
9:47 PM · Dec 15, 2020

ETA: Speculation that the fire dept may have been responsible for opening the boot/trunk of the vehicle to make sure nobody injured or hidden when the vehicle was found abandoned on the roadside. MOO

And on the ‘live’ report from Fox7 they stated the info about narcotics being in the backpack was news to his father.

TEXSAR@TEXSAR1

TEXSAR Members continue to aid local authorities in the search for Jason Landry in Caldwell County. Many TEXSAR members have traveled across the state to serve in this time of need. Keep encouraging and praying for the Landry family, the first responders, and all involved.
Quote Tweet

t6Xe8OxF_mini.jpg

CBS Austin
@cbsaustin
· Dec 15
"All I know is my son was in a car crash, he walked away from that car crash, and he’s hurt and he’s alone and he’s out here,” said Kent. “And I just want my boy found.” https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/fa...tate-student-continues-searching-for-answers…
9:47 PM · Dec 15, 2020

ETA: Speculation that the fire dept may have been responsible for opening the boot/trunk of the vehicle to make sure nobody injured or hidden when the vehicle was found abandoned on the roadside. MOO
Yep, there are some interesting comments on one of their tweets. https://twitter.com/texsar1/status/1339084695607324672?s=21

And on the ‘live’ report from Fox7 they stated the info about narcotics being in the backpack was news to his father.
Well, I imagine his family went through his backpack while searching for him?
It's possible the alleged narcotics were heavily disguised or not easily recognisable?
But if there were tons of them, they would not have missed it.

If narcotics are located 100 feet from a wrecked, abandoned vehicle on a dark, desolate road such as Salt Flat Rd., I imagine LE would take measures to look inside the trunk! JMO...
That would do it!
I have a feeling now that 'narcotics' was a box to be filled in in a crash report standard form.
And the media did the rest.

That would do it!
I have a feeling now that 'narcotics' was a box to be filled in in a crash report standard form.
And the media did the rest.
Yup, I'm sure there's a county ordinance with a policy is to provide deputy sheriffs with guidelines for determining when and how a motor vehicle should be towed, inventoried, and impounded, and the deputy did exactly that-- checked the box, before the vehicle removed from the ditch and taken to impound. MOO

ETA: Adding link for Caldwell County Public Information Request

Caldwell County, Texas

Dept of Public Safety link - Public Information Request

TxDPS - Public Information Act

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online