TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re assuming he’s been driving the route for three years but that may not be so. Many schools don’t allow freshman to have cars on campus and some parents don’t allow sophomores. Of course in any case he’s ridden the route a number of times, but that doesn’t mean that at night he would remember it. Or not think he had a better idea for a short cut.
Yeah I am assuming a lot I know, but I do know anyone living on campus is allowed to have a car at Texas State and the garages are affordable unlike a lot of universities. It’s a university where a lot of kids take their cars, especially if they live in state and will be driving home for breaks. We don’t know if he lived on or off campus, but I’m willing to bet off b/c most 21 year olds do live off campus.

That is good to know the spot where he crashed. You can also see an oil well right across the street from the house. That area is super remote.

You would think he couldn't have gotten too far, especially injured and dazed, and they'd have been able to locate him in a week's time with the searches they have conducted. Not a ton of structures out there either. Crazy.

Nearly a week after his disappearance, search for missing Texas State student continues

Sounds like they’re trying to figure out exactly the things we’re asking about.

Saturday the Landry family stayed away from the search site. Investigators asked them to touch base with their son’s friends and work to gain access to his electronics, records, and accounts. "So they can start doing an investigation. Try to exactly figure out, what happened, how it happened, before the accident and then after."

Yeah I am assuming a lot I know, but I do know anyone living on campus is allowed to have a car at Texas State and the garages are affordable unlike a lot of universities. It’s a university where a lot of kids take their cars, especially if they live in state and will be driving home for breaks. We don’t know if he lived on or off campus, but I’m willing to bet off b/c most 21 year olds do live off campus.
I have a son who rec'd his undergrad from Texas State. At the time my son attended, a few years ago, they had limited housing on campus and only freshmen were allowed to live on campus. MOO

I’d like to know who saw him leave school and what they say about his demeanor. I’m sure LE & his family know that, but it hasn’t been in MSM that I know of.

What was he doing until late that night when he left? At a party? Just at home packing? Finishing up a shift at work somewhere? Arguing with someone? We have no idea. All we know is within 30 minutes of heading toward home on what should have been a very familiar route, he becomes completely turned around, going the wrong way in the country, crashes his car and disappears without any of his things, including his phone.
These were some of my very first thoughts about this whole thing. I’m in Houston and attended Texas State back in the 1980s when it was SWTSU. Now, I have one child who already graduated from college and 2 that are in college. Anyway...I’m wondering why Jason was driving home so late at night and what he was doing before leaving. Who can confirm the time that he left San Marcos and that he was driving home? Why not just wait the few hours until morning/daylight? (Not victim blaming. Just saying it could have contributed to state of mind.) Did Kent and Lisa know he was on his way home? I do find it weird that they were woken up by the police, if they knew Jason was driving home.
Also, someone mentioned checking the security cameras at Buc-ee’s. Is it known he actually stopped there? Because Buc-ee’s is located on I-10 and, if Jason missed the turn that would take him to I-10, he would not have been at Buc-ee’s. If he was known to be there, that turns this into a whole different thing.

Every time I've ever seen a case like this, someone hit them purposely and took them, but it's usually a woman it happens to. Not sure what to think.

I disagree - while it would be harder to track skid marks on a gravel road, most accident scene investigators can determine if more than one car was involved and here it has been stated it was a "single vehicle accident". The Matthew Lang case (which has already been mentioned) was a similar scenario. In Maura Murray's case, it was also a single vehicle accident, although the mystery there is what happened after.

Can you offer more to your theory or instances of a woman being run off the road and then ??? abducted??

Missing Texas State student Jason Landry’s abandoned car did not cause immediate concern; police work to overcome early investigative delays

Authorities reportedly believe that Landry walked away from the single-car wreck on the gravel road surrounded by oil fields, but what happened after that remains a mystery. Investigators found some of Landry’s possessions, including his wallet and cell phone, at the crash site, but it remains unclear if the personal items were inside or outside the car. An extensive, multi-agency search of the area has not yet turned up any sign of the missing young man.

Looks like that is indeed where he crashed. This article states 2365 Salt Flat Rd, but when you googlemap it, its right at that house. Interesting.

...SBM....

I might be wrong here, as I'm not familiar with TX. But often a full address is required for reports (used by le \fire\ems) and then in the description the person writing the report will note that, for example, "an unattended F150 was located approximately 50 yards from xx ABC St.".... naturally in the rush to be the first site to provide said info it turns in to " the car was at xx ABC St."....

Just thinking out loud.

I might be wrong here, as I'm not familiar with TX. But often a full address is required for reports (used by le \fire\ems) and then in the description the person writing the report will note that, for example, "an unattended F150 was located approximately 50 yards from xx ABC St.".... naturally in the rush to be the first site to provide said info it turns in to " the car was at xx ABC St."....

Just thinking out loud.
Even if that may be the case, there is a large tree right off the road there that looks similar to one they published with damage to it and all the other boxes check out as well (near abandoned house, pond, 10 minutes from town, gravel part of the road).

Specifically it seems as if someone hit the back of his car. They're not at the scene, HE isn't at the scene, A+B=C.

Waco man arrested for ramming a woman's car before attempting to kidnap her

Aimee Willard - Wikipedia

Driver Rear-Ends Women's Cars, Attempts Sex Assault: Police

Usually if someone rear ends you, there would be paint scrapings from the other car on the one that remained at the scene.
Those cases you listed are horrifying :( especially Aimee Willard.

Specifically it seems as if someone hit the back of his car. They're not at the scene, HE isn't at the scene, A+B=C.
No, not to me. It looks like his car spun and the hit was on the side and the investigators obviously saw evidence that impact was with a tree, not another car. Were he hit in the rear by another car, the trunk lid would be crumpled inward and forward. Instead the trunk lid is almost ripped off and bent over to one side. The debris (this Nissan has plastic bumper covers, as do most modern cars) would have also told the point of impact. Much at all of a hit on the back and the bumper cover (and the one on the car that supposedly hit him) breaks up or tears off leaving a debris field at the point of impact.

If the investigators say a single car accident and the evidence shown verifies that to me.

Anyway...I’m wondering why Jason was driving home so late at night and what he was doing before leaving. Who can confirm the time that he left San Marcos and that he was driving home? Why not just wait the few hours until morning/daylight? (Not victim blaming. Just saying it could have contributed to state of mind.) Did Kent and Lisa know he was on his way home? I do find it weird that they were woken up by the police, if they knew Jason was driving home.

Those things also crossed my mind. This is just me, but I would be worried about my daughter/son making that drive to Houston that late, especially if she/he hadn't arrived by 2:00am. I would be the one calling the police out of concern if I wasn't able to reach them on their phone. I don't know what their situation was though. Maybe the parents were aware he left very late and weren't expecting him until 3:00am and fell asleep. Or, perhaps Jason was going to surprise his parents by coming home for Christmas that night and only his siblings or friends knew about it at the time.

No, not to me. It looks like his car spun and the hit was on the side and the investigators obviously saw evidence that impact was with a tree, not another car. Were he hit in the rear by another car, the trunk lid would be crumpled inward and forward. Instead the trunk lid is almost ripped off and bent over to one side. The debris (this Nissan has plastic bumper covers, as do most modern cars) would have also told the point of impact. Much at all of a hit on the back and the bumper cover (and the one on the car that supposedly hit him) breaks up or tears off leaving a debris field at the point of impact.

If the investigators say a single car accident and the evidence shown verifies that to me.
Thank you for clarifying that for me! My mom told me about this case and for some reason I thought his car was hit by another vehicle.

[URL="https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/12/22/missing-texas-student-jason-landrys-abandoned-car-did-not-cause-immediate-concern-police-work-to-overcome-early-investigative-delays/"]Missing Texas State student Jason Landry’s abandoned car did not cause immediate concern; police work to overcome early investigative delays
[/URL]

EXCLUSIVE: The latest on the search for missing #TexasState student #JasonLandry, who vanished over a week ago on his way home to spend Christmas with his family

NG picked up the story on Crimeonline. Interesting addition to the end of this article. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003