TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case as it is very close to my heart. Jason's father, Pastor Kent, is a family friend whom I have known for about 15 years. He is a very kind man and is well respected in our community. He is completely dedicated to his Christian beliefs. I think that his wording is a reflection of his being a pastor and does not indicate anything nefarious. This has been an unimaginable horror for the Landry family. I don't know anything more than is posted on the Southminster Presbyterian FB page but I do know the family personally. I respect everyone's right to opinion but wanted to throw my humble one out there as well.

Great forum and I will continue to follow along.

Last edited:
I truly believe Martin walked away and it still in the area. His parents are precious individuals, i hope he contacts them sooner rather than later. Or if he is gone, that they get answers.
I looked up that case after it was mentioned here. I just cannot imagine the agony of NOT knowing. I have one son and I'd be irrevocably broken should this ever happen to him. Prayers he comes home one day... 4 years is a long time though.

That seems like an odd comment to me. How could LE receive tips on where he might be? Does this mean someone saw him after the accident? Or, did he contact someone? Did someone pick him up from the accident site?
Maybe tips about areas his body could be, like holes and stuff, still being an accident?

<respectfully snipped by me>

There are also a few pictures of the search area, including a pond:

Search for missing Texas State student continues 9 days after disappearance | KXAN Austin

Huh. If that’s the pond, it’s not very wide, though maybe it widens in an area outside the photo. It looks more like a ditch to me — but that may indicate current or the movement of water in the pond that was drained, which also could contribute to weighting down bodies like in the silted river scenario that @10ofRods mentions above. Fallen trees can also snag and trap people beneath the water surface. MOO.

Thanks for sharing, @renarde!

I have been following this case as it is very close to me heart. Jason's father, Pastor Kent, is a family friend whom I have known for about 15 years. He is a very kind man and is well respected in our community. He is completely dedicated to his Christian beliefs. I think that his wording is a reflection of his being a pastor and does not indicate anything nefarious. This has been an unimaginable horror for the Landry family. I don't know anything more than is posted on the Southminster Presbyterian FB page but I do know the family personally. I respect everyone's right to opinion but wanted to throw my humble one out there as well.

Thanks for your insight @Gussie . Personally, I haven’t read anything into Jason’s father’s remarks, other than he is very obviously devastated and concerned. I hope the family will have answers soon. This must be agonizing for them. My oldest son is the same age, and I can’t get my mind off this case. Welcome to Websleuths.

Ty for being here @Gussie

we do tend to dissect every subject verb and object.

I take comfort that God knows where Jason is and i ask Him to keep Jason safe and lead the rescuers to him.

I am still a little stymied by the vagueness of LE concerning his belongings and that blood.

Yes! I thought this too! The driver’s side doesn’t look that bad at all. Not bad enough to sustain such a bad head injury to walk off and hide and succumb to the injuries. This is what I’ve been assuming happened, but it doesn’t jive with the car damage that we can see. I’m sure it can be deceiving, but just first glance really doesn’t look terrible in the driver’s area.

I posted somewhere upthread a few days ago an article that described where the significant damage on the car was located. I can’t remember exactly but I do remember it included the driver’s side back door & back bumper area.

That seems like an odd comment to me. How could LE receive tips on where he might be? Does this mean someone saw him after the accident? Or, did he contact someone? Did someone pick him up from the accident site?

I think a lot of these types of reports are because someone sees someone that fits the description and calls it in as a possible sighting. Might not even be him they've seen. Could be, but possibly not.

Any thoughts on him driving drunk, wrecking his car and being terrified of getting in trouble and taking off on foot? IMO

Anything is possible. Even just looking down at his phone for a second (text/map) could have led him to lose control of the car for just a moment. He could also have dropped his phone and lost control while fishing around for it under the seat.

Google Maps

I would search starting here and continue on the 128/salt flat road and continue up the map and check every area that has a building vacant home, oil refinery whatever until it ends at
1322/194 crossroads at the end of it

From what i read from similar cases. Hes further from car, but closer in the area.

Last edited:
Search for missing Texas State student continues 9 days after disappearance | KXAN Austin

After the Texas Department of Public Safety searched the area of 4700 Salt Flat Road outside Luling, where Landry’s Nissan Altima was found wrecked and abandoned Dec. 14, DPS handed the investigation to Caldwell County, Sheriff Daniel Law said.

Map:
4700 Salt Flat Rd, Luling, TX 78648
Google Maps
I wonder why this article states 4700 Salt Flat Rd but prior articles said 2365 Salt Flat Rd which seemed to make sense. I wonder why the difference. 4700 is a good ways south, closer to the center of Luling.

Anything is possible. Even just looking down at his phone for a second (text/map) could have led him to lose control of the car for just a moment. He could also have dropped his phone and lost control while fishing around for it under the seat.
I tend to favor possibly nodding off at the wheel, especially this time of night. It happens to all of us except we usually aren't on an unforgiving gravel road where the slightest misstep can cause you to lose control.

I have been following this case as it is very close to my heart. Jason's father, Pastor Kent, is a family friend whom I have known for about 15 years. He is a very kind man and is well respected in our community. He is completely dedicated to his Christian beliefs. I think that his wording is a reflection of his being a pastor and does not indicate anything nefarious. This has been an unimaginable horror for the Landry family. I don't know anything more than is posted on the Southminster Presbyterian FB page but I do know the family personally. I respect everyone's right to opinion but wanted to throw my humble one out there as well.

im sorry that they are going through this. i never thought anything nefarious. just perhaps son may have made youthful choices that werent in line w church ideals (maybe drinking experimenting etc young ppl stuff) when he may have made that statement. i hope he is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste