TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If EquuSearch has suspended its search, why isn't LE allowing volunteers from the public to search at this point? Also, why have we heard nothing from Jason's friends? The quiet is odd.
Apparently they have searched about 20,000 acres so far and without any evidence that points to a specific location, volunteer searchers probably don't know where else to look. Imo

If EquuSearch has suspended its search, why isn't LE allowing volunteers from the public to search at this point? Also, why have we heard nothing from Jason's friends? The quiet is odd.
I beleive it's not quite that easy. All that land has to be privately owned and if I am a correct, searchers would need express permission from each landowner to search their land. Not sure how it is in Texas, but that can cause alot of liability issues. I remember this being an issue in other cases, specifically Brandon Lawson's case.

I hope the family hasn't had bad news. What a way to spend the holiday. Did EquuSearch say they were suspending the search indefinitely or just for the night?

ETA I just read that Eccusearch said they are waiting on information from LE for a more specific area to search. It seems they have searched very thoroughly, with about six different agencies involved. This is not looking good at all.
Yeah, it's almost like TE doesn't believe he is around the area. They obviously have more info than they are putting out there with the cell phone records, social media, family interviews, etc. so it makes me think they have some plausible scenarios in mind.

Yeah, it's almost like TE doesn't believe he is around the area. They obviously have more info than they are putting out there with the cell phone records, social media, family interviews, etc. so it makes me think they have some plausible scenarios in mind.

This too. Outside of someone hitting him ....which could easily happen on a dark county road.....I would bet money that LE has more info than they're releasing at this point.

This is very concerning. If he is lying injured somewhere his chances of survival are diminishing. I hope he's found soon.

This brings to mind the case of Tanya Ryder / my post on that here:
She had a car accident and searchers passed her many many times. She was just off the highway under a bridge embankment thing totally covered by leaves. On Day 8, her husband was brought into the Police Dept and in his words (paraphrasing) was being grilled and about to be charged. It was at that moment they got the call that she and her vehicle had been found and that she was alive. If they had gotten to her any later, she would have died.

—-

Eta: When was the last time they ran thermal copters?

I wonder if he’s just outside the 2 mile radius TES searched.

Search for missing Texas State student continues 9 days after disappearance | KXAN Austin

After the Texas Department of Public Safety searched the area of 4700 Salt Flat Road outside Luling, where Landry’s Nissan Altima was found wrecked and abandoned Dec. 14, DPS handed the investigation to Caldwell County, Sheriff Daniel Law said.

Map:
4700 Salt Flat Rd, Luling, TX 78648
Google Maps

Marking / bump / thanks / from the above post:

Map:
Google Maps

Last edited:
USGS US Topo 7.5-minute map for Luling, TX 2019 - Data.gov

USGS US Topo 7.5-minute map for Luling, TX 2019
Metadata Updated: April 11, 2019

Layered geospatial PDF 7.5 Minute Quadrangle Map. Layers of geospatial data include orthoimagery, roads, grids, geographic names, elevation contours, hydrography, and other selected map features. This map is derived from GIS (geospatial information system) data. It represents a repackaging of GIS data in traditional map form, not creation of new information. The geospatial data in this map are from selected National Map data holdings and other government sources.

USGS US Topo 7.5-minute map for Luling, TX 2019 - Geospatial PDF - Data.gov

https://prd-tnm.s3.amazonaws.com/StagedProducts/Maps/USTopo/PDF/TX/TX_Luling_20190225_TM_geo.pdf

Luling, TX Topographic Map - TopoQuest

This brings to mind the case of Tanya Ryder / my post on that here:

—-

Eta: When was the last time they ran thermal copters?

I wonder if he’s just outside the 2 mile radius TES searched.

Marking / bump / thanks / from the above post:

Map:
Google Maps
I remember that case! Hoping for a miracle for Jason, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne