TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it really unlikely that he was hit by another vehicle, and then hidden or taken away from the scene. This possibility is always put forward but to my knowledge has never turned out to be the case. Seems far more likely he took off on foot and got lost, or is indeed in that pond or another. Sadly this disappearance seems much like the numerous other young men who vanish only to be found in water. Who knows why...maybe at least some of them are relieving themselves, others can’t see where they are walking & etc...all jmo.

Okay this is important b/c he would definitely be on autopilot driving home by this point. How could he miss a turn in town and drive out of town on a lonely, dark, country road for 10 whole minutes in the complete wrong direction? He would have known in 30 seconds this was the WRONG WAY.

I think my whole point with this line of thought is that he was perhaps already confused before the wreck.
A long time ago, I would drive practically weekly thru another state on my way to school. I was on an interstate that was under construction, and somehow I managed to drive off the interstate into an area where they had construction materials. I don't know how I did it but I did do it and it was so easy it was scary. Sometimes things happen. Maybe he was tired, maybe he got one place confused with another. Sometimes it happens for no reason.

I find it really unlikely that he was hit by another vehicle, and then hidden or taken away from the scene. This possibility is always put forward but to my knowledge has never turned out to be the case. Seems far more likely he took off on foot and got lost, or is indeed in that pond or another. Sadly this disappearance seems much like the numerous other young men who vanish only to be found in water. Who knows why...maybe at least some of them are relieving themselves, others can’t see where they are walking & etc...all jmo.

Have you seen any of those stories where someone was deliberately hit by a car and then abducted? Sean Hornbeck, was one, I think. Either him or the next boy the guy took. The pizza delivery guy? I've seen several of those. Then there was the girl in Ohio, I think she was jogging, though.

Sorry, but I have NO idea why any of this timing is suspicious or confusing for you.

I don't believe I said it was confusing for me, nor did I mean to imply that. I find the timing strange.
I said I find it hard to believe someone drove by and saw nothing, and within a half an hour? this 'accident happened' but when the fireman came past an hour later, he found the car and nothing else. I find it hard to believe no one came by in between (it was only 10 minutes from town) and an hour later the fireman finds no sign of anyone or anything anywhere, but there's the car.
Do you know how long it took to have the accident, get together enough to get out of the car and then get out of the car and decide what to do?
I do not. Any accident I was ever in, it took at least an hour to clear the scene. So, I find it odd that everything happened so nice and neat and tidy and all was cleared within an hour.
I left out the accidents I went to as an EMT, or anything I witnessed or anything to do with any investigations, or news articles or anything else.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have NO idea why any of this timing is suspicious or confusing for you.

What you said reminded me of something. Somebody tried to abduct a female from outside our building in the middle of the afternoon, in summer, when all the windows were open. The weather was beautiful. There should have been people outside, going in or coming out of the door but no one was there until just as the guy went to grab her. Someone came out the door and the guy ran. This was in the afternoon, in daylight. That he would attempt it then was even insane, but he almost got away with it. The timing was perfect. It never should have been.

From Google maps and from MSM, I know that there was at least one abandoned house in the area of the wreck, but would he have been able to see any of the homes that had lights on? It seems that if he was seeking aid, he would head toward the lights, not a dark, abandoned building. If so, have those walking routes been minutely explored?
Has there been any reports of any other missing persons in that expanded area?

I don't know why people think it's suspicious he didn't act rationally, such as taking his wallet, phone, and backpack. And didn't appear to go towards lighted houses.

The combination of a head injury and likely a huge adrenalin rush from the accident can be two factors for NOT acting rationally. So sad he hasn't been found. As for the cause of the accident? Most likely some combination of an unfamiliar road, poor road conditions, too fast for conditions. I certainly don't want to see that as victim blaming - it's just a combination that happens all too often among younger drivers (I know, I survived it).

I don't know why people think it's suspicious he didn't act rationally, such as taking his wallet, phone, and backpack. And didn't appear to go towards lighted houses.

The combination of a head injury and likely a huge adrenalin rush from the accident can be two factors for NOT acting rationally. So sad he hasn't been found. As for the cause of the accident? Most likely some combination of an unfamiliar road, poor road conditions, too fast for conditions. I certainly don't want to see that as victim blaming - it's just a combination that happens all too often among younger drivers (I know, I survived it).
Exactly, there are very simple explanations for everything he did, all very common in a major accident for a person of any age.

Exactly, there are very simple explanations for everything he did, all very common in a major accident for a person of any age.

I do hope that they can get information from his account e.g. did he turn on his smart phone navigation as he was lost as some time? etc. etc. From earlier reports, it sounded like they did not have and wanted parents to get, or am I behind? It's so confusing as to when if/if not apple or google will give that information on their apps due to exigent circumstances.

ETA: Is there a thread with link at WS about current laws/examples of when google/Apple releases information in cases?

This poor guy and his poor family. It’s Christmas Eve. Where could he be?? I feel like he would HAVE to be somewhere within the 2 mile radius if he were injured enough to not bring anything with him and just walk out into the dark alone. I just don’t find it likely he would be able to get that far with severe injuries from a car accident. They used an incredible amount of resources and professionals to search for him, and they sound confident that he’s not there. The fact that they’re not continuing to search past the 2 mile radius, but conducting an investigation to figure out their next step is interesting to me. It’s weird because I know how these cases usually turn out, but LE is not acting that way. I just hope they are able to find him today.

There are many lakes near where Jason's car was found. An article stated that one lake was drained, but check this out. There are many nearby lakes. :(
Google Maps
Yes, there are a lot, but it’s pretty dry here right now, so I’ll bet at least some of those are not full of water right now. If not all of them. But I agree any with water should be searched. The fact that 5 dogs led them to that pond they drained is stuck in my mind. Five!

I don’t find it suspicious that he left his phone, wallet & backpack in the car, but I DO think it speaks to the severity of his injuries. It was cold here that night so I wonder if he curled up under something to get warm and is just super hard to find. Unless their investigation turns up something to point them in a new direction, I think he’s most likely somewhere in the 2 mile radius.

Someone who has a warrant, is drunk, on probation, has drugs in their car, in the country illegally, driving without a license, etc etc might be desperate to hide that they hit and possibly seriously injured someone. Not saying that’s what happened, but anything is possible.

I agree that it’s more likely that he walked away and hasn’t been found yet. Not quite the same situation, but in the case of Adrienne Quintal, she was missing for 4 months and ultimately found 300 feet from her cabin.

Last edited:
Someone who has a warrant, is drunk, on probation, has drugs in their car, in the country illegally, driving without a license, etc etc might be desperate to hide that they hit and possibly seriously injured someone. Not saying that’s what happened, but anything is possible.

I agree that it’s more likely that he walked away and hasn’t been found yet. Not quite the same situation, but in the case of Adrienne Quintal, she was missing for 4 months and ultimately found 300 feet from her cabin.
I agree, but in that case they would just take off and leave the scene. No one would ever know who did it. I don’t think they would stop and put a dead body in their car and then have to figure out what to do with a body. JMO But true that anything is possible at this point.

Regarding why would he ever be on Salt Flat Rd., it looks like most of the gas stations and convenience stores in Luling close at 11pm or midnight. Maybe JL couldn't find a restroom open anywhere and took a quiet road out of town looking for a discreet place to relieve himself, then got turned around?

Based on the photos of the damaged car, he had to be more then just "shaken up". I think he took a wrong turn, had the accident, hit his head, and got out and started walking and succumbed to his
injuries and the elements. If the police suspected foul play, I think they would have released more information by now. This is a very sad sad story and I cannot imagine the agony his family is going through.

Based on the photos of the damaged car, he had to be more then just "shaken up". I think he took a wrong turn, had the accident, hit his head, and got out and started walking and succumbed to his
injuries and the elements. If the police suspected foul play, I think they would have released more information by now. This is a very sad sad story and I cannot imagine the agony his family is going through.
I agree with you. And in fact in this article from yesterday it’s stated they do not suspect foul play at all.

Search suspended for missing Texas State student

“Authorities do not suspect foul play or that alcohol was involved.”

Yes.....Occam's Razor seems to usually win out.

"Sheriff’s deputies traveled to the Houston area on Wednesday to meet with Landry’s relatives and retrieve some items of evidence that had been in the missing man’s vehicle. Miller said that Landry’s cell phone is locked, and because of the type of security code he uses, it may take months to unlock it.

But the sheriff’s sergeant said he expects that cell phone and other relevant data will be retrievable through “blanket subpoenas” to technology companies like Facebook and Google, where Landry’s data is likely stored on the cloud."

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry face hurdles as physical search ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne