TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think something similar to this has happened. Road rage, domestic violence, car jacking.. Sunday nights are HUGE for domestic violence calls. Maybe he rolls up on something approaching Luling, etc. and gets shot or killed and whomever steals his car and wrecks out. This would explain why the cell phone was wedged in the seat, keys locked in car. I think he's on the side of the road somewhere on the northwest side of Luling along hwy 80. Innocent people get murdered in these rage type situations all the time.
Definitely think all possibilities should continue to be explored - if something beyond the easiest explanation (he wandered away after the wreck and collapsed) is what really happened, I fear that valuable time was lost not fully investigating other possible scenarios in the first few days while believing he would be located.

Take note that the term narcotics came directly from the Texas DPS police report when detailing their inventory taken from the crash site. The report specifically stated they were unable to inventory the vehicle itself -- doors were locked. There's a screenshot of the report in thread #1.

Media took liberty with this term when the headlines read the backpack full of narcotics. We don't know that to be fact. DPS report summary did not quantify the narcotics found.

IMO, I believe this is VERY important to keep noted in regards to the ‘narcotics’ part of this case.

Speaking for my own family, the college student would share, if they wanted, their own college portal login with a parent to share info. Otherwise, the parent would have zero access. IMO
Thanks, @K9Enzo for confirming. I really meant to say no access "without students consent" and I'm afraid my post reads as if implying parental consent required. Sorry for my Jan 1st blunder!! :)

Last edited:
Students over 18 have to consent to allow their parents access to their grades, even if their parents are paying for their education. A bit ironic, no? It has been this way since my kids were in college 20 years ago.
This is absolutely true. My daughter is a junior at DePaul and not only does she have to list me as an emergency contact, she has to authorize what information they can share with me and it is renewed every year.

4. And I'm leaning now more towards ... he was cruising for a hit or smoke.... wrecked, was walking back towards Luling for help and was hit by someone who panicked and took his body to dispose of at a different location. The force from being hit could be enough to throw that backpack a distance....and whoever hit him was too distracted to even think of looking for it ... quite possibly didn't know he was carrying one. If he was high enough, wearing dark clothes and perhaps stepped in front of the car to flag it down...this could easily happen.
If he were hit by another car, there would be evidence. Any hard hit will leave vehicle parts behind along with possible skid marks. No way someone is going to clean up those car parts and lift a dead (or severely injured person into their car. It's just not as easy as it sounds. Given the search, evidence of this would likely have been seen.

One, among many glaring difficulties for me, is who saw him, and where and when was the last time he was actually seen alive.
Makes me suspect that there’s very little known about his last known movements and personal associates which in itself isn’t suspicious (some people are private/low-key) but complicates piecing things together. If the cell phone is ever able to be opened it might shed more light. The thing I keep going back to is “who” actually said that he was going home that particular night for the holidays? In some ways it seems speculative based on where the car was found. If his car had been found 20+- miles from his apartment in a direction opposite from his hometown, would that still be the working theory? I think it matters a lot and had his car been found a lot closer to his hometown would be more conclusive as to his intended destination. MOO.

Makes me suspect that there’s very little known about his last known movements and personal associates which in itself isn’t suspicious (some people are private/low-key) but complicates piecing things together. If the cell phone is ever able to be opened it might shed more light. The thing I keep going back to is “who” actually said that he was going home that particular night for the holidays? In some ways it seems speculative based on where the car was found. If his car had been found 20+- miles from his apartment in a direction opposite from his hometown, would that still be the working theory? I think it matters a lot and had his car been found a lot closer to his hometown would be more conclusive as to his intended destination. MOO.
There was one article early on that said he was “believed” to be heading home. I’ve wondered since then if it was a fact he was going home and parents expecting him or just assumed.

The only reason I can see him to run from the situation is because he was intoxicated in some manner when the crash occurred. Were any of the windows broken on the vehicle? Is it possible his backpack flew out during impact or was it more likely he was walking and carrying the bag and dropped it? Again, I can't see this as a scenario unless maybe he didn't want to bring the alleged 'narcotics' into someone else's vehicle. Still seems unlikely, as if someone came they probably could have helped him locate his phone, he could have grabbed the essentials out of the car/backpack. If he was disoriented and wandered off, I still wonder why his backpack would be left behind. If he has enough awareness to grab it, why not put it on your back and start walking. MOO so many unanswered questions!?

I'm trying to catch up on this thread, but due to high profile, I would expect LE to have done tower dumps to see if any communications were done near the area during that time and traced them.

MOO

I'm trying to catch up on this thread, but due to high profile, I would expect LE to have done tower dumps to see if any communications were done near the area during that time and traced them.

MOO
Wouldn't they need a warrant for that? To get a warrant, they need evidence of a crime. I don't think a judge would sign off on that unless they have a lot of information we don't know about.

He's said to have about 10 minutes out of downtown Luling, which would put him in a pretty remote area, even for a small town. This link is to a specific location on the road, but unsure of how accurate that would be:
Google Maps
Not only that but the houses seem to be very far back from the property lines.
What about lights?
There was no moonlight that night.
What house lights could have been visible to him from crash location site at midnight?

What about lights?
There was no moonlight that night.
What house lights could have been visible to him from crash location site at midnight?
I think it’s been mentioned elsewhere on thread that it was pitch black that night and most any homes set back off the road... if true would’ve been tough to maneuver if he was injured/impaired.

I think it’s been mentioned elsewhere on thread that it was pitch black that night and most any homes set back off the road... if true would’ve been tough to maneuver if he was injured/impaired.
We did confirm that.
But I'd imagine he would have headed for the closest light seen, the question remains what would have been visible to him from any of the locations tracked and signalled by TES dogs?

What about traffic? What were the oil field workers' schedules like? How many go down that road at that time on a regular basis?

I know it sounds like a desolate area, but at least two other people drove down that way that night.

There are two houses nearby. Are they both abandoned?
No idea.. what about a little further away?
A house whose lights would have been visible from crash location or the pond site?
Someone would have to physically drive out there at midnight just to check it out.
The abandoned house would not have had lights, I'd imagine.

No idea.. what about a little further away?
A house whose lights would have been visible from crash location or the pond site?
Someone would have to physically drive out there at midnight just to check it out.
The abandoned house would not have had lights, I'd imagine.

On a moonless night to better see what he might have seen.

Yikes...
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members