TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If an oil field worker accidentally hit and killed him, what about the possibility of him being in one of those tanks? Thinking along the lines of what Chris Watts did to hide his family. I hate to think of this but he either walked away or was driven away to another location.

If an oil field worker accidentally hit and killed him, what about the possibility of him being in one of those tanks? Thinking along the lines of what Chris Watts did to hide his family. I hate to think of this but he either walked away or was driven away to another location.

I'm thinking the reference to "oil field worker" was to describe a profession and not an affiliation with the oil field production sites close by.

And no one has mentioned the San Marcos River that is very close by.

I'm thinking the reference to "oil field worker" was to describe a profession and not an affiliation with the oil field production sites close by.

How close exactly?
They have searched a 2 mile radius already and pretty thoroughly from all reports.

Thanks, I'm still trying to locate exact spot for distance from where he turned on to this road.
Sorry, just wanting to make sure I’m understanding correctly...are you meaning where he first turned onto Salt Flat Rd...so, the distance from where he turned onto Salt Flat to where his car wrecked?

I think it is safe to assume that TES are one of the most highly professional and highly regarded SAR teams in the US if not the world.
They would have checked and not just instigated highly expensive and time taking searches on a maybe.
Links to their resources posted upthread.
ETA How, When and Why We Search

<modsnip>

IMO, I believe they have a good reputation. I like Mr. Miller and know of a case where he delivered terrible news to a mom of a missing hiker, that she did not want to hear. He was kind and direct, it needed to be said. Probability of survival was pretty much zero.

IMO, Mr. Miller was fairly criticized in the murdered Ft. Hood female soldier for talking to the press ahead of LE with details of her recovery. It surprised many of us.

Example: if I went missing in the Adirondacks during a winter hike, I would want DEC to come look for me, not TES. That’s not a slam on them but region matters, timing matters. IMO

It’s entirely possible this poor kid is in the area that was searched. If that happens to be the case, I’m not going to be upset with any of the SAR efforts, including TES, because body recovery is hard. IMO

Thanks, I'm still trying to locate exact spot for distance from where he turned on to this road.

There's no turn. From the intersection/traffic light on the San Marcos Hwy (E. Austin St) to Salt Flat Road (if he proceeded straight through the intersection as believed), the crash site is about 4.9 miles. No turns - E. Austin becomes Spruce Ave., becomes Salt Flat Rd.

(Driving to Houston, he was expected to turn right at this intersection where he would take IH-10 at the interchange).

There's no turn. From the intersection/traffic light on the San Marcos Hwy (E. Austin St) to Salt Flat Road (if he proceeded straight through the intersection as believed), the crash site is about 4.9 miles. No turns - E. Austin becomes Spruce Ave., becomes Salt Flat Rd.

(Driving to Houston, he was expected to turn right at this intersection where he would take IH-10 at the interchange).
Track back on this map, looking only at streetview here
showmystreet.com

<modsnip>

IMO, I believe they have a good reputation. I like Mr. Miller and know of a case where he delivered terrible news to a mom of a missing hiker, that she did not want to hear. He was kind and direct, it needed to be said. Probability of survival was pretty much zero.

IMO, Mr. Miller was fairly criticized in the murdered Ft. Hood female soldier for talking to the press ahead of LE with details of her recovery. It surprised many of us.

Example: if I went missing in the Adirondacks during a winter hike, I would want DEC to come look for me, not TES. That’s not a slam on them but region matters, timing matters. IMO

It’s entirely possible this poor kid is in the area that was searched. If that happens to be the case, I’m not going to be upset with any of the SAR efforts, including TES, because body recovery is hard. IMO
The post to which I was responding concerned the garment give to the TES dogs, as far as I remember.
There were several SAR teams searching together and you will find those links on today's posts.

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts discussing Venmo have been removed because the OP contained a screenshot with the name of a random, probably innocent person not known to be associated with this case. As a result, all subsequent responses had to be removed.

Probably because any measurable river will be in the opposite direction from the crash site. Go back 5 miles to the light/ intersection and the San Marcos River you can see would be south towards the IH-10. If he crashed and wandered away near the IH-10 interchange, I'd be looking in the San Marcos River. MOO

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts discussing Venmo have been removed because the OP contained a screenshot with the name of a random, probably innocent person not known to be associated with this case. As a result, all subsequent responses had to be removed.
That was me and I apologize. I didn’t realize that was against TOS. I mistakenly assumed it would be the same as sharing someone’s Facebook page.

That was me and I apologize. I didn’t realize that was against TOS. I mistakenly assumed it would be the same as sharing someone’s Facebook page.

Just to clarify .. like FB, members are not allowed to copy/quote/screenshot from a victim's FB account or discuss comments by others on the victim's social media account. A link would have been okay because, like FB, members know not to bring the names of innocents into the discussion on this board, but a screenshot brings the names of innocent people directly onto Websleuths. Members started discussing this person as a potential POI and that is not allowed.

Track back on this map, looking only at streetview here
showmystreet.com
Did I misunderstand your destination?

I thought you were trying to locate the crash site which was reported by his dad as 2365 - 2379 Salt Flat Rd. and where 2379 is the location of the "abandoned" house. Please disregard if that's not your destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth