TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Maps
This is a Google street view of 2379 Salt Flat Road. I clicked on the satellite map and then hit the plus until it came down to the road. You can click and drag and go up and down the street if you want. If you want to see the pond down behind the house, just hit the minus sign until you are out of street view and then click and drag.

Google Maps
This is a Google street view of 2379 Salt Flat Road. I clicked on the satellite map and then hit the plus until it came down to the road. You can click and drag and go up and down the street if you want. If you want to see the pond down behind the house, just hit the minus sign until you are out of street view and then click and drag.
Thanks Rosie, eventually got it!
Bigger than we imagined, isn't it? Better surfaced?

What about traffic? What were the oil field workers' schedules like? How many go down that road at that time on a regular basis?

I know it sounds like a desolate area, but at least two other people drove down that way that night.
Yes, regarding the oil worker who was said to pass by the scene of the accident (possibly soon before accident occurred) and saw nothing... I was wondering if it’s typical for oil workers to be in the area so late at night? I know nothing about the oil working business.

Looking at these maps, what these roads look like, what they must have looked like at night, and the route he should have been on and I just can't help but think he was going down that road on purpose. He didn't just end up there trying to turn around.

I hope that LE is granted a warrant to get his digital information from his phone- especially google maps. He was going somewhere.

Cancel this, I got it, there is another house that is derelict, need to se pond in relation to it?
Google Maps

That's the one. Maybe he walked south on Salt Flat, and turned onto that road / driveway that leads toward the pond area. He would've walked over a cattle guard first.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210102-153855_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210102-153855_Maps.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
It isn't the loose gravel that I had first thought, at least in that stretch.
and it's all very flat.
There's a few turns off that road too if you trail along it.. I'm unsure of exact spit car was located, I know we have photos in earlier news reports but they are not showing any buildings we can take as landmarks, do they? At least, I never noticed any.

Is it called Salt Flat Road? I remember there being some confusion about the name of the road?
showmystreet.com
This map will allow me to walk the length of it, I just need to confirm the address is accurate?
Missing Texas State student Jason Landry was in car crash: DPS | khou.com

This article included a map. It doesn’t state an exact location on Salt Flat Rd, but if you click on the dropped location it may help some (or not :confused:)

I believe it was determined his car was close to 2379 address.

Are those two houses on the map posted above around that address on Salt Flat Rd?

And in regards to the pond, I did find this link:
Texas college student missing for SEVEN days after crashing his car on the way home for Christmas - DUK News

It describes the searches, including the following info:
Members of Texas Search and Rescue have been combing a two-mile radius of the crash site.

Are the houses and the pond to the east on the map in the above post in that 2 mile radius?

Looking at these maps, what these roads look like, what they must have looked like at night, and the route he should have been on and I just can't help but think he was going down that road on purpose. He didn't just end up there trying to turn around.

I hope that LE is granted a warrant to get his digital information from his phone- especially google maps. He was going somewhere.
he could have just pulled in there to smoke a joint for the journey. Or he could have been visiting one of the houses on or off that road. Crashed. Lost phone in process, set off on foot but because car had spun was unclear about which direction to take?

Two different ways he might've headed toward the house and pond (street view):

1. Climb over a gate
2. Walk over a cattle guard (no gate)

<moo>

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210102-155130_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210102-155130_Maps.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20210102-155055_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210102-155055_Maps.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 91
and it's all very flat.
There's a few turns off that road too if you trail along it.. I'm unsure of exact spit car was located, I know we have photos in earlier news reports but they are not showing any buildings we can take as landmarks, do they? At least, I never noticed any.
Almost any place along that road would be wide enough to make a u-turn safely if he had wanted. There doesn't look to be any deep ditches, although I guess he wouldn't have been able to see that in the dark of night.

Missing Texas State student Jason Landry was in car crash: DPS | khou.com

This article included a map. It doesn’t state an exact location on Salt Flat Rd, but if you click on the dropped location it may help some (or not :confused:)

I believe it was determined his car was close to 2379 address.

Are those two houses on the map posted above around that address on Salt Flat Rd?

And in regards to the pond, I did find this link:
Texas college student missing for SEVEN days after crashing his car on the way home for Christmas - DUK News

It describes the searches, including the following info:
Members of Texas Search and Rescue have been combing a two-mile radius of the crash site.

Are the houses and the pond to the east on the map in the above post in that 2 mile radius?
There's a couple of houses along that road, how was it determined it was the one above?
I think there are several ponds too though..?
Feel the need to narrow it in here so we can wonder whether he was visiting somebody that night who lives there or he just popped in for a relaxed smoke before travelling on?

I'm sure there are others but for convenience, I linked not less than 7 videos up-thread from live news at the search location specifically for visualization. They were of significant benefit to me when viewed prior to google map pins.

Reposting the video link below:

Search

I'd also suspect that it was quite a while from crash time to when he set off walking. Reason being he would in all likelihood have torn car asunder in search of his phone which was jammed under a front seat, he didn't find it, then managed to lock his keys inside... He could have spent hours searching for it, pulled all loose clothes out in an attempt to find it...

That means the search dogs would have had a very fresh trail to follow if they started immediately..

There's a couple of houses along that road, how was it determined it was the one above?
I think there are several ponds too though..?
Feel the need to narrow it in here so we can wonder whether he was visiting somebody that night who lives there or he just popped in for a relaxed smoke before travelling on?

#2379 is right on Salt Flat Road (there's a short driveway). The other house is not directly on Salt Flat Rd, which I think is why the crash satellite is described as *near* 2365 Salt Flat Rd.

All <moo>, of course.

Here's a video that shows where Jason's car was found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member