TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his phone was found, that must have been loose in seat etc...while his debit card could be with him. He would only need his wallet if he had to show his license for any reason.
If he was using WAZE as his father suggested he was, then the phone had to be either on the passenger seat or on a phone holder on the dash or the center console so he could look at it and hear it as he was driving, I would guess.

I feel like there are two ways to look at this:

(more likely) Jason’s cell was in car because he couldn’t easily locate it after the crash. His backpack was outside the car because it fell out in crash or he attempted to carry it, but due to injuries, it was too difficult, so he dropped it (and couldn’t put it in locked vehicle).

(Much less likely) Staging. What better way to immediately connect Jason to car and backpack to explain his sudden disappearance than leaving his phone in car, and wallet in backpack? Though with this kind of staging, I could only see Jason being the one to do it. Because if someone “disappeared him” they would be taking too much personal risk to crash his car like that. Unless they were wearing a helmet. (Said tongue and cheek)
This thought crossed my mind several times, his phone was found jammed under one of the seats, we assume the crash caused this and that he was unable to locate it after the accident, but, many people 'hide' their own phones under seats in their vehicles for safekeeping.
And, no , I cannot tie this theory into any known narratives we have discussed already but just to throw it out there as a possibility.We don't know whether he was using the app or not.
Was he afraid he would be mugged?
Impossible to imagine what his thoughts were post accident etc..

I may have missed something. Some comments mention him being locked out of the car? Was the car indeed locked, or is this speculation? I've tried to read every post, but may have missed some.

Searching this thread (upper right corner) for the word 'locked' will help you find the answer to that question. Yes, the report stated the car was locked.

My own guess is that his phone was dislodged by the crash and slipped under the seat or was wedged in a gap by the seat. As a little blood was found in the car I imagine he got a bump on the head and was disoriented or concussed. He grabbed his backpack and decided to walk for help in a confused state. He may then have tried to find his phone in his pack and discarded the clothes trying to find it - forgetting he was using it for directions and it was likely in the car.

I have 'lost' my cellphone before and found it under the car seat where it fell as I scooped up my stuff out of the car.

Sadly I just think he wandered off in a confused state and fell or sat down to rest at some point. And met his end.

By the way I think the Fox item exaggerated in its headline that the backpack was 'filled' with narcotics. In the main body of the article it simply states that narcotics were found in the bag. This could be a small quantity of some drugs for personal use. And not unusual for a student to have.

Jason's father, mentions "that night" in his sermon, starting around 36:30...

Southminster Presbyterian Church Missouri City, Texas
Such a powerful and honest and heart rending talk.
<modsnip>
I imagine if Jason was anything like his parents, he was a seriously lovely guy.

Three full weeks and they are as mystified as us.
I just feel a huge need right now to do everything in my power to spare them further torture from cruel people whose words are like salt in their open bleeding wounds.

I pray their son can be located sooner rather than later so they can begin their path to catharsis.
What an awful end to an awful year.
Christmas!
Their child!
And a cruel media torturing them with impunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
My own guess is that his phone was dislodged by the crash and slipped under the seat or was wedged in a gap by the seat. As a little blood was found in the car I imagine he got a bump on the head and was disoriented or concussed. He grabbed his backpack and decided to walk for help in a confused state. He may then have tried to find his phone in his pack and discarded the clothes trying to find it - forgetting he was using it for directions and it was likely in the car.

I have 'lost' my cellphone before and found it under the car seat where it fell as I scooped up my stuff out of the car.

Sadly I just think he wandered off in a confused state and fell or sat down to rest at some point. And met his end.

By the way I think the Fox item exaggerated in its headline that the backpack was 'filled' with narcotics. In the main body of the article it simply states that narcotics were found in the bag. This could be a small quantity of some drugs for personal use. And not unusual for a student to have.
First time I heard this and it makes some sense.....great 'outside the box' thinking.

Is there anyone from Texas on here that may be able to shed some light? I am reading articles about illegal dumping of frack fluid on country roads under the cover of darkness. It is illegal and a big problem in Texas from what I am reading. I have considered the possibility that he came upon a big tanker spewing frack fluid and may have spun out on the road trying to miss the truck. I am stumped as to why tracker dogs all tracked to the pond and then seemed to come up empty? I think this is correct about the dogs? What are fines like [how much $] when they are fined for illegal dumping? Are there companies that have a lot to lose if they are caught illegally dumping? Just wondering if Jason may have witnessed a dump and someone silenced him. If they put him in one of the big injection well tanks, I don't know how they'd ever know where to look for him. It looks like Texas has many, many injection wells and I don't know how LE would ever know where to start looking. What a depressing thought.

I totally agree with your theory.

Jason wrecks car, he’s injured & not thinking clearly. He grabs his backpack as he gets out of the car. Eventually starts digging through it trying to find his phone, tossing stuff about (again, not thinking clearly) & may even realize its somewhere in the car...BUT car is locked, so he starts walking back the way he came. He eventually drops the backpack because he’s injured and either goes until he can’t anymore or finds a place to ‘hull’ up & sadly he just hasn’t been found yet.

As far as why he ended up on Salt Flat Rd, I don’t have a clue. Possibly he made a wrong turn going home that night. He’s a 21 yr old college kid who instead of doing the sensible thing and turn around, he just kept going. Or he may have been down that way intentionally for a number of reasons.

But I honestly believe Jason wrecked his car, wandered off, and will eventually be found somewhere close by. MOO

I've never seen a verifiable link to that effect.
As a matter of fact his father stated during his prayers earlier definitively that Jason was on his way home.

His father has made other 'definite' comments that to me weren't definite at all. One instance was when he said he knew his son got out of the wreck and he was walking back. He's surmising and/or hopeful, but some of his comments aren't as definite as he makes them sound since he'd really have no way of knowing 100% for sure or not.

Now had he gotten a phone call or text saying 'I'm coming home for the holidays, will be there in a few hrs' THEN we could believe that he indeed knew Jason was on his way home, but that didn't happen or if it did, no mention has been made of it that I've seen.

Last edited:
So his parents didnt know he was coming home? I tried looking of past post and links, couldn't find anything.

I've never seen a verifiable link to that effect.
As a matter of fact his father stated during his prayers earlier definitively that Jason was on his way home.

Missouri City family pleads for prayers after Texas State student goes missing

I just rewatched the full interview Jason’s mom did with ABC13.
The reporter asked his mom what she could tell everyone about Jason. While sharing, his mom says “He was coming home...thought he was coming home..” then the audio breaks up a little..then his mom says, “..thought he was coming home later.”
•around the 2:50 mark on video

If someone else would listen to the video to check whether I heard her correctly, I’d appreciate it greatly!

-Would this mean the parents were expecting him to be coming home at a later date, not the night of the wreck? Once he wrecked and LE contacted them, they then just assumed he was coming home then (just earlier than expected)?

If he has/had a Google account, his last route of travel/or at least the route of travel taken by the phone could be determined. Of course, it would require access to his Google account. Google is able to track movement via cell towers, continual pinging of wi-fi networks (whether connected or not) and GPS. It is pretty accurate.

Missouri City family pleads for prayers after Texas State student goes missing

I just rewatched the full interview Jason’s mom did with ABC13.
The reporter asked his mom what she could tell everyone about Jason. While sharing, his mom says “He was coming home...thought he was coming home..” then the audio breaks up a little..then his mom says, “..thought he was coming home later.”
•around the 2:50 mark on video

If someone else would listen to the video to check whether I heard her correctly, I’d appreciate it greatly!

-Would this mean the parents were expecting him to be coming home at a later date, not the night of the wreck? Once he wrecked and LE contacted them, they then just assumed he was coming home then (just earlier than expected)?
I listened to that several times, it remains fuzzy.
His father stated with clarity earlier today that he was on his way home, ergo not heading elsewhere..
I couldn't analyse what she was saying because I couldn't hear it clearly.

His father has made other 'definite' comments that to me weren't definite at all. One instance was when he said he knew his son got out of the wreck and he was walking back. He's surmising and/or hopeful, but some of his comments aren't as definite as he makes them sound since he'd really have no way of knowing 100% for sure or not.

Now had he gotten a phone call or text saying 'I'm coming home for the holidays, will be there in a few hrs' THEN we could believe that he indeed knew Jason was on his way home, but that didn't happen or if it did, no mention has been made of it that I've seen.
His remarks at the ceremony were clear and coherent, he stated his son was on his way home for Christmas, on the night he disappeared.
That's black and white.
We do not get to see every personal message or text or private family thing nor are we entitled to that information.

His other comments were clear and coherent as well, but they can be disputed as it sounded like he was surmising/hopeful, while it was clear he had no idea what happened someplace he was not a witness at. Due to that, I place a grain of salt to any other comments he makes where you could easily determine that he couldn't know something if he wasn't actually there to see it with his own eyes. Obviously IMHO.

They have carried out DNA testing on his car.
There is nothing to suggest it wasn't himself driving it.

Sorry, but I'm still confused by this comment. The statement may be true but it's a double negative.

Have they actually matched the blood sample to him by DNA? Apart from the blood, there's possibly a lot of other reasons that samples of JL's DNA could be found in JL's car that have little to do with who was last driving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129