TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His other comments were clear and coherent as well, but they can be disputed as it sounded like he was surmising/hopeful, while it was clear he had no idea what happened someplace he was not a witness at. Due to that, I place a grain of salt to any other comments he makes where you could easily determine that he couldn't know something if he wasn't actually there to see it with his own eyes. Obviously IMHO.
He was conveying the message he had received from LE regarding the SAR dog's findings.
That has been reported several times in the course of the 2 threads and we have all discussed it extensively.
I seriously do not see him lying from the altar. Why would he? He showed tremendous strength of character and faith to have officiated at that ceremony earlier. He broke down in tears several times.

There is nothing to suggest he was either lying, confused or fuzzy about the very few details he has.
He is Jason's father. He is a victim here.

Sorry, but I'm still confused by this comment. The statement may be true but it's a double negative.

Have they actually matched the blood sample to him by DNA? Apart from the blood, there's possibly a lot of other reasons that samples of JL's DNA could be found in JL's car that have little to do with who was last driving it.
Neither LE nor anybody close to the case has suggested in any shape or form that Jason was not driving his own car that night.
Yes they took DNA samples from his car and I'd imagine they did not omit the blood stains found in it, from their tests.

Missouri City family pleads for prayers after Texas State student goes missing

I just rewatched the full interview Jason’s mom did with ABC13.
The reporter asked his mom what she could tell everyone about Jason. While sharing, his mom says “He was coming home...thought he was coming home..” then the audio breaks up a little..then his mom says, “..thought he was coming home later.”
•around the 2:50 mark on video

If someone else would listen to the video to check whether I heard her correctly, I’d appreciate it greatly!

-Would this mean the parents were expecting him to be coming home at a later date, not the night of the wreck? Once he wrecked and LE contacted them, they then just assumed he was coming home then (just earlier than expected)?
It sounded like she said he was coming home then he was coming home later...not sure what she meant by that though?

I haven't seen this mentioned, or I missed it. Are scavenger birds such as turkey vultures native to the area? Watching the skies for circling birds in that area would be something I would think searchers would have done? Does anyone know?

There’s been quite a bit of discussion of that idea, over on the last Barbara Thomas thread. The short version—vultures circle over death in the movies, not in reality, and based on research and experience, they’re unlikely to be any help.

There’s been quite a bit of discussion of that idea, over on the last Barbara Thomas thread. The short version—vultures circle over death in the movies, not in reality, and based on research and experience, they’re unlikely to be any help.

Sort of. If they're circling high it usually a warm sunny day and they've caught an updraft and just enjoying the ease of flying....

If they're circling a bit lower to the ground .... they're spotting out their place at the food table. And if you see several fly up at one time, their supper has been disturbed and they're trying to escape. Usually they'll circle it a time or two then land again once its safe to do so.

If they're gathered in tree's (we call it a buzzard convention) then they've either eaten or are waiting.

It's how we know if an animal is deceased in our back pasture.

And they STINK. Oh mercy they smell worse than a skunk.

Possibly his parents expected him to come home for Christmas, just not necessarily that night. Ehen they learned he'd had a car accident 30 miles from campus, perhaps the obvious explanation was that he must have been coming home.

Which may or may not have been the case. Seems reasonable though.

As yet, no one has shared in MSM the content and context of any of his last known contacts/conversations.

Here, we're mostly just guessing. His dear parents believe he was coming home. That's enough for me.

JMO

Last edited:
I listened to that several times, it remains fuzzy.
His father stated with clarity earlier today that he was on his way home, ergo not heading elsewhere..
I couldn't analyse what she was saying because I couldn't hear it clearly.

The fall term at TSU ended on Dec 11, 2020, and it follows that he was headed to his family home on Sunday night, Dec 13.

I'm not sure where it started that Jason going home on Sunday was unexpected, and I hope it's not from his mom's comments while trying to remain poised on camera only hours after learning her son's car was found wrecked and he was not with the vehicle. From her eyes, I wondered if she was trying to reconcile home, and heavenly home, with every breath she took. His father, who has spoken out numerous times, seemed clear that Jason was traveling home for winter break.

MOO

ETA: add link
Academic Calendar

Last edited:
The fall term at TSU ended on Dec 11, 2020, and it follows that he was headed to his family home on Sunday night, Dec 13.

I'm not sure where it started that Jason going home on Sunday was unexpected, and I hope it's not from his mom's comments while trying to remain poised on camera only hours after learning her son's car was wrecked and he was not with the vehicle. From her eyes, I wondered if she was trying to reconcile home, and heavenly home, with every breath she took. His father, who has spoken out numerous times, seemed clear that Jason was traveling home for winter break.

MOO
Thanks @Seattle
Those were my thoughts too, he was missing 24hrs when she gave that heartbreaking interview.

I'm not sure where it started that Jason going home on Sunday was unexpected, and I hope it's not from his mom's comments while trying to remain poised on camera only hours after learning her son's car was found wrecked and he was not with the vehicle. From her eyes, I wondered if she was trying to reconcile home, and heavenly home, with every breath she took.

It was asked upthread if his parents knew he was coming home.
I posted the link that included his mother’s interview. When listening to it, I heard his mother say he was coming home at the very beginning...then further in say along the lines of he was coming home..thought he was coming home later. As someone else shared, it’s unknown what she meant. Whether he was expected that night or at a later date, idk.

Throughout this thread, it has been discussed quite a lot on whether Jason was heading home or not; did he make a wrong turn; was he out there for other reasons; were narcotics involved, and so on.
Personally, my theory has stayed pretty much the same. He was going home, he wrecked, was injured, and sadly will be found close by.

I hope my post of the mom’s interview did not cause others to state/post “that Jason going home on Sunday was unexpected” because that was not my intention.

To me it is pure fantasy/speculation to suggest Jason was not driving. LE has stated from early on that this was a single-vehicle accident with Jason missing as a result. They do not say specifically he was alone but if someone was known to be with him, obviously this person would be sought as well. Not to say it is impossible he was not alone, but nothing suggests otherwise. His belongings were left behind, his phone likely by accident, IMO, while the backpack etc possibly due to convenience for walking, or just from confusion due to the impact. As his car was locked, according to reports, he was unable to search for his phone, saw no one around for help, and took off on foot probably (backed up in part by dogs.)

Sorry for rambling but it seems clear to me at least that this was an accident, greatly compounded by the fact that he has yet to be found. Yes, it is shocking, but has so many precedents here on WS that apparently this is a thing that happens...all jmo.

And the overwhelming scene of the accident and the vicinity where that happened, usually dark in the area if victim is injured and not thinking clearly or suffering from injuries or shock, that changes the search tremendously. Impossible to assume what the person may or may not do.
Prayers for him to be found soon. And for strength and peace for his family.

And the overwhelming scene of the accident and the vicinity where that happened, usually dark in the area if victim is injured and not thinking clearly or suffering from injuries or shock, that changes the search tremendously. Impossible to assume what the person may or may not do.
Prayers for him to be found soon. And for strength and peace for his family.
That would be a great miracle to receive now.
I'd be so happy for his family.
It has gone on for so very long, each night colder than the one before and they've been so very hurt by the media, they really need this break.
It wasn't until tonight when I watched that entire broadcast of the ceremony that I felt I just knew them in an extraordinarily poignant way. And there was no mistaking it.
The ceremony really touched my heart and I don't practice religion.
I'd say it is in the hands of the gods and if they're any way reasonable at all they will surely come through.

I'm not sure where it started that Jason going home on Sunday was unexpected, and I hope it's not from his mom's comments while trying to remain poised on camera only hours after learning her son's car was found wrecked and he was not with the vehicle. From her eyes, I wondered if she was trying to reconcile home, and heavenly home, with every breath she took. His father, who has spoken out numerous times, seemed clear that Jason was traveling home for winter break.

MOO

ETA: add link
Academic Calendar
It’s been questioned since the very beginning of this thread if his parents were actually expecting him home that night and for several reasons. One of the first articles said he was “believed” to be traveling home. That made me question if it was actually known fact or not. His parents were sound asleep and awakened by a call so they were not worried that he hadn’t made it home. His mom said something about they thought he was coming later. He was only 30 min away from school (way closer to school than home) and on a wrong road to go home. Did he really get lost or going somewhere else? If he were working (his fb says he works at Jimmy John’s) he may not be going home immediately after school’s out for break if he were scheduled to work that week. But they would know this by now.
It may not matter either way if this was an accident and he just hasn’t been found, and I think that’s most likely. But there are definitely some things that make me wonder if they were expecting him then. It does sound like his dad at least thinks he was on his way home so....

Agreed, @happyday. Jason is an adult at college who maintains his own daily schedule. It’s reasonable to think that all of the following are true statements:
  1. Jason was planning to go home for the holidays and this was known by his parents and, obviously, by Jason.
  2. Jason and his parents had not communicated as to the exact timing of when Jason was planning to drive home, or Jason changed his schedule for unknown reasons (picked up an extra work shift, for instance, and decided to leave immediately after that instead of waiting) and didn’t notify his parents .
  3. When Jason’s parents were woken up by LE calling about the accident, they assumed that Jason had been heading home due to the accident location and #1 and #2 above.
  4. Jason may have been heading home and went off-track for unknown reasons; he may have planned to stop near that location, then resume his drive home; or he may have planned to be in that location for another purpose, then return to San Marcos before going home for the holidays.
I personally believe that Jason was heading home and went off-course / missed the turn. JMO.

Jason planning a side trip that his parents were not aware of is also possible, fits known facts, and does NOT insinuate anything negative about anyone’s integrity, including Jason’s.

JMO IMHO MOO etc

I don’t recall that ever being mentioned if he had one or not. Great question though!
I’ve only read the mention of
-a backpack
-clothing
-personal belongings
The one item I'm surprised hasn't been specifically mentioned is a laptop. Most college students have a laptop and I would suspect if Jason was going home for the holiday break, he would take it with him. It may have been recovered from the car and just not mentioned by LE or any of the MSM reports.

Missouri City family pleads for prayers after Texas State student goes missing

I just rewatched the full interview Jason’s mom did with ABC13.
The reporter asked his mom what she could tell everyone about Jason. While sharing, his mom says “He was coming home...thought he was coming home..” then the audio breaks up a little..then his mom says, “..thought he was coming home later.”
•around the 2:50 mark on video

If someone else would listen to the video to check whether I heard her correctly, I’d appreciate it greatly!

-Would this mean the parents were expecting him to be coming home at a later date, not the night of the wreck? Once he wrecked and LE contacted them, they then just assumed he was coming home then (just earlier than expected)?
Thank you so much for linking that interview. I had not seen this at all.

I feel this mother’s pain. I have a son Jason’s age who is a junior in college. I just can’t fathom the agony she is feeling. Jason NEEDS TO BE FOUND.

I’m heartbroken for his friends and family. This is torture.

Regarding the “thought he was coming home later” comment. I’m not sure what she meant by later. Maybe she just meant “I thought he’d be home later [that night]...I never expected him not to make it home.”

Was a suitcase with Jason’s clothes found in the car?
The DPS report information that was obtained by media and published, specifically indicated that the officer was unable to inventory the vehicle -- citing the doors were locked. It's possible this was done after the vehicle was impounded but the contents have not been reported thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129