TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it ended up being 2365 Salt Flat Road.

I know several people have commented why so far down that road if he indeed made a wrong turn.
So if in fact Jason just made a wrong turn, isn’t it possible his GPS was attempting to reroute him? Maybe at the same time he’s looking at the GPS thinking this can’t be right, not paying attn to the road & ended up wrecking?
Or maybe trusting the ‘reroute’ and continued down Salt Flat until the wreck?
Or realized he was not on the correct road but couldn’t find a place to turn around on such a dark desolate road?

I don’t know. I could be totally off but I feel this was a tragic accident and Jason stumbled away and he’s not too far from the area.

The house next to the red marker is actually 2379 Salt Flat Road (from the road, you can see the house number on the front of the house). So maybe the house just south of that is 2365. It's partially hidden by trees, and there is a pond nearby.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201230-194628_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-194628_Maps.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that his parents were even aware he was coming home that night?
I do not know if this is true or not (I've seen some news sources peddle inaccurate information) but found this:

Landry’s family said he was driving home to Missouri City from the school’s campus in San Marcos ast Sunday night for Christmas break. (typo not mine)

and this which answers another question I've seen often:

Searchers say the area that his car was found is pitch dark when the sun goes down.

Search continues for missing Texas State student Jason Landry | wltx.com

If they found his cell in his backpack then he must have more than one phone. Narcotics, multiple phones makes my mind wander. The only thing that is typically missing is the torched car. JMO Hope I am wrong in my thinking.
He was a student, primarily, just 21.
There is nothing to suggest he had more than one phone.
Or indeed that this was anything more than a horrible accident.

A couple things to note: 1) The narcotics in backpack is probably weed or wax or possibly an edible, etc. that contain THC (Marijuana) 2) I don't think this was a drug deal gone bad, but if it was, the drug deal didn't happen at this location. Drug transactions don't happen way down lonely roads, they happen in parking lots (Semi-public) places. If this were drug related, I could easily see a meetup that turned into a rip and hit and the bad guys taking his car and they were the ones that wrecked out. I put a lot of stock in the K-9s but since dogs can't really talk, we can't really know which scent the K-9 followed from the car. I still believe this was a carjacking or road rage event that happened up the road and the car was driven and crashed by someone else. I guess, though, he could have been chased to that location and crashed out and then kidnapped. It is still worth noting that abandoned and wrecked cars are very common at night and most DPS/Patrol Deputies are not going to immediately think otherwise when encountering this scene. It is just too common

BBM - I think the only comment I have about this is LE tend to try and locate the owner of the vehicle if it looks wrecked or out of place or a hazard. I'm not an officer but I have LE ties, and it's not common to see a wrecked out vehicle like JL's and think "oh well" and carry on about your night. Extra especially at the location. They may not jump to foul play or worst case scenario - but it would likely be towed (or tagged if in a non-hazardous location like off the roadway) if LE came across it without any concerned calls.

If they found his cell in his backpack then he must have more than one phone. Narcotics, multiple phones makes my mind wander.

Curious what your source is about multiple phones, or even a phone found in the backpack? I rewatched the Fox 7 video talking about this and there was no mention of his phone found in the backpack according to some report they showed a snippet of. It said his wallet and some narcotics were found inside, but nothing about a phone'.

He was a student, primarily, just 21.
There is nothing to suggest he had more than one phone.
Or indeed that this was anything more than a horrible accident.

Most people keep their phones on them, not tucked into a backpack.. some suggested that he was following GPS or something so maybe if that was the case he did have another phone on him. Not sure what being a student and 21 has to do with anything. It was just my opinion and thoughts.

Most people keep their phones on them, not tucked into a backpack.. some suggested that he was following GPS or something so maybe if that was the case he did have another phone on him. Not sure what being a student and 21 has to do with anything. It was just my opinion and thoughts.
No one has said that there was a phone in the backpack. There was narcotics and a drivers license. If you have seen MSM say there were two phones, then please link the article.

One phone was found between the seats. In his backpack, his DL and narcotics were found.

From December 19:

"Sunday evening Jason Landry left Texas State for his family home in Missouri City, near Houston. He planned to stay there over Christmas break. "I’ve got presents to my son under that tree and I may not get to give them to him but I’m gonna keep praying and hoping I will." cried Kent Landry.

In and around the car, law enforcement found Jason Landry’s phone, wallet, and other personal items. They also found a small amount of blood."

Nearly a week after his disappearance, search for missing Texas State student continues

In regards to Jason being so far down the wrong route...

I’m unfamiliar with the area so maybe someone can help answer this. :)
How far is it from the point where Jason didn’t turn/took the wrong turn to where his car was found...meaning how far did he travel on the wrong route?

(Not how far he was from his starting point, the 30 miles)
In an early report they said 10 minutes from town. The missed turn was in town so about 10 minutes, which would probably be about 7-8 miles.

Believe it ended up being 2365 Salt Flat Road.

I know several people have commented why so far down that road if he indeed made a wrong turn.
So if in fact Jason just made a wrong turn, isn’t it possible his GPS was attempting to reroute him? Maybe at the same time he’s looking at the GPS thinking this can’t be right, not paying attn to the road & ended up wrecking?
Or maybe trusting the ‘reroute’ and continued down Salt Flat until the wreck?
Or realized he was not on the correct road but couldn’t find a place to turn around on such a dark desolate road?

I don’t know. I could be totally off but I feel this was a tragic accident and Jason stumbled away and he’s not too far from the area.
I think this is very possible.

Do we know any more about the first vehicle that saw the wreck but didn't stop?

A volunteer firefighter saw the car and called it in. It was reported that an oil worker had driven by before that and did not see anything. My understanding is that the road would be fairly deserted during the night.

The only reason I can see him to run from the situation is because he was intoxicated in some manner when the crash occurred. Were any of the windows broken on the vehicle? Is it possible his backpack flew out during impact or was it more likely he was walking and carrying the bag and dropped it? Again, I can't see this as a scenario unless maybe he didn't want to bring the alleged 'narcotics' into someone else's vehicle. Still seems unlikely, as if someone came they probably could have helped him locate his phone, he could have grabbed the essentials out of the car/backpack. If he was disoriented and wandered off, I still wonder why his backpack would be left behind. If he has enough awareness to grab it, why not put it on your back and start walking. MOO so many unanswered questions!?

A volunteer firefighter saw the car and called it in. It was reported that an oil worker had driven by before that and did not see anything. My understanding is that the road would be fairly deserted during the night.
Interesting that the oil worker reported not seeing “anything”; they must have come forward after learning about the situation.

I’m not sure if I buy that he was not there intentionally and he was lost or missed a turn. Of all the miles I’ve driven in my life, 99.999% of them, I was there intentionally. Even as a teenager, pre cell phone maps etc... especially miles down a gravel road. You would know you’re not on a main / paved road.

I do not know if this is true or not (I've seen some news sources peddle inaccurate information) but found this:

Landry’s family said he was driving home to Missouri City from the school’s campus in San Marcos ast Sunday night for Christmas break. (typo not mine)

and this which answers another question I've seen often:

Searchers say the area that his car was found is pitch dark when the sun goes down.

Search continues for missing Texas State student Jason Landry | wltx.com
Have been curious about the late night departure to home (was he with friends prior to leaving, etc.), and that the parents only became aware of the situation when LE called to notify them of finding the wrecked car. This as opposed to Jason being overdue and the parents reaching out to see where he was. Not implying anything and understand he is an adult, just seemed a little confusing to me if they knew he was coming home that night.

BBM - I think the only comment I have about this is LE tend to try and locate the owner of the vehicle if it looks wrecked or out of place or a hazard. I'm not an officer but I have LE ties, and it's not common to see a wrecked out vehicle like JL's and think "oh well" and carry on about your night. Extra especially at the location. They may not jump to foul play or worst case scenario - but it would likely be towed (or tagged if in a non-hazardous location like off the roadway) if LE came across it without any concerned calls.

Agree...100%

I don't find the late night departure odd, as he may have had other plans earlier, wanted to avoid traffic or was specifically leaving to meet up with someone on the way. I will also agree, having traveled lots after moving out of state for a period, I wouldn't take any back road or off route road without intention or GPS trouble. I remember 10+ years ago I just my GPS signal, ended up in a cornfield in OH. I had to call my husband to try to map where I was and how to get back on track. Luckily, I could still make calls. MOO edited to correct spelling words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warsovika