TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new info that his belongings were 900 feet from his vehicle (in the roadway, IIRC?), my first thought was he carried them away from the accident, then decided to dump/leave them. Why? Not sure.

If this poor kid is deceased, I honestly don't think it was a result from an injury from the accident. I do believe LE assessment that he suffered little, to no injuries.

I'm still concerned with him being worried he would be in trouble for the accident and walked away. IMO

One question - do we know the location where his belongings were found 900 feet from his wrecked car? If he was walking with them, was it back the way he came on that road, or was he walking further down the road?
They said his stuff was found south of the wreck, which is the way he came—back toward town. Someone here said middle of the road. Was that actually what LE/poster said?

I never saw the second pic of JL that you posted until now. That picture looks more in line with the NAMUS pic. The last pic released by LE (NAMUS) his face looks swollen to me, not injured. Maybe he just woke up and was video chatting with someone. I'm less concerned about the pic now. IMO
I’m not worried about the picture either. It not the best pic, but the most recent so they used it. My “most recent” pic is kinda bad too!

I think it’s significant that they changed their language on the latest missing poster to say “little or no injuries.” That would change pretty much everything about this investigation. He still could have died from injuries from the wreck, but LE does not seem to think this is the case anymore. Why? I don’t think the wreck looks fatal (although looks can be deceiving) so I’m now thinking it’s more likely something else happened. But what?

Yeah, my concern is what was going on his life the last several months leading up to his disappearance. I also wonder about his grades. Last year was a challenge for most on so many levels. IMO
Me too. Pressure can really get to a college kid. That and the train wreck that the last year has been, trying to live up to the image of a minister’s son, totaling the car on the way home....
Just leaving all his stuff at the scene (including some sort of drugs) is worrisome.

I am still surprised there are no real pleas for help from his friends, classmates, co-workers. Sure, LE might have told them to be quiet, but usually atleast one person doesn't get that message and talks. There is literally nothing other than a few comments from his dad (and mom, early on). No old elementary teachers chiming in what a good student he was. No neighbors talking about seeing him. Its just all weird, IMHO.

Combine that with how actual little information we know for certain (was he supposed to be heading home? Did he just get off work that late? Did he take prescribed medicine that he needs, who saw him last, etc) and I am firmly in the camp that this was not a normal accident and something else happened. I dont think he died from injuries from the wreck or from being in the elements either.

I am still surprised there are no real pleas for help from his friends, classmates, co-workers. Sure, LE might have told them to be quiet, but usually atleast one person doesn't get that message and talks. There is literally nothing other than a few comments from his dad (and mom, early on). No old elementary teachers chiming in what a good student he was. No neighbors talking about seeing him. Its just all weird, IMHO.

Combine that with how actual little information we know for certain (was he supposed to be heading home? Did he just get off work that late? Did he take prescribed medicine that he needs, who saw him last, etc) and I am firmly in the camp that this was not a normal accident and something else happened. I dont think he died from injuries from the wreck or from being in the elements either.
I agree. I no longer think he died from the wreck or elements.

And I do hope this is the scenario because it may likely mean he is alive and (physically) OK somewhere, though if this is what happened, I wish he'd at least reach out to LE to let them know.

If he's physically OK somewhere I'd wish he'd at least reach out to his parent to let them know. They come before LE to me.

And I do hope this is the scenario because it may likely mean he is alive and (physically) OK somewhere, though if this is what happened, I wish he'd at least reach out to LE to let them know.
Ugh. Good point. I know what you mean.

There were drones and helicopters, which look down, so could see if something is possibly hanging from a tree.

Grade's are in. I wonder if his grades for the fall semester would lend anything to our speculation?

Was he pleased? Was he worried? Was he doing okay?

It might help to know his state of mind, to know what brought him to that moment in time.

JMO

Grades might certainly say something, one way or another, but I assume that the school would not release his grades to anyone but him?

Ugh. Good point. I know what you mean.

They did have TES out there and one advantage of horse-mounted SAR is they have a much higher perspective than ground members. Unfortunately, just like ground members, there are likely areas that are not accessible for thorough searching due to brush and terrain. I really hope they are able to re-search the surrounding area and hopefully find Jason.

With the new info that his belongings were 900 feet from his vehicle (in the roadway, IIRC?), my first thought was he carried them away from the accident, then decided to dump/leave them. Why? Not sure.
Snipped for focus

This reminds of something in my life. I’ll keep the details vague.

Some years ago, I was in a life-threatening natural disaster. I had walked already, a considerable distance, and then, after a considerable amount of mental and physical stress, I decided I needed to move to a safer place—about 15 feet away. I picked up my laptop computer, lightweight, in a light carrying case, having lots of things on it I wanted to keep. I took one step, and decided that it was too much of a burden; I set it down and moved on. It was destroyed; I survived, and to this day, I’m not sure if my decision was a realistic evaluation of the situation, or a result of my state of mental confusion.

So, you see where I’m going with this. I find it very believable that he might have carried his backpack for a while and then simply abandoned it.

Some years ago, I was in a life-threatening natural disaster. I had walked already, a considerable distance, and then, after a considerable amount of mental and physical stress, I decided I needed to move to a safer place—about 15 feet away.

I'm sorry that you had to go through something like that, and glad you're still with us.

Snipped for focus

This reminds of something in my life. I’ll keep the details vague.

Some years ago, I was in a life-threatening natural disaster. I had walked already, a considerable distance, and then, after a considerable amount of mental and physical stress, I decided I needed to move to a safer place—about 15 feet away. I picked up my laptop computer, lightweight, in a light carrying case, having lots of things on it I wanted to keep. I took one step, and decided that it was too much of a burden; I set it down and moved on. It was destroyed; I survived, and to this day, I’m not sure if my decision was a realistic evaluation of the situation, or a result of my state of mental confusion.

So, you see where I’m going with this. I find it very believable that he might have carried his backpack for a while and then simply abandoned it.

Thank you for sharing this experience. Living through a natural disaster has to be terrifying! This is a perspective that could have played out here. I would assume after his accident his adrenaline was high and he might have been panicked. Maybe he looks for his phone, can't find it, gives up and starts up the road on foot. Then decides to dump his pack/belongings. The extra weight could have started to bother him for whatever reason or he became aggravated by it.

I wonder if this area has any higher grounds? Sometimes a lost person's instinct is to go UP, up the hill, up to ridge line, etc. IMO

Has there been any updates released speaking on how Jason's living, working, attending college and social life were?
I've gathered from comments on this thread and the first one that it is known that JL lived in an apartment complex of sight of the college campus correct?
We know the mode of transportation he used was the car found wrecked and abandoned correct?
We know that his father and LE went to the apartment of JL correct?
Had it been stated that his Dad and LE gained entry inside of JL's apartment?
Do we know how entry was made? Was the key to the apartment on the set of keys left locked in the wrecked car and his Dad used JL's apartment key? Or did management and maintenance from the complex allow his father entry with the master keys along with LE?
Do we know if JL lived alone? Or was there a roommate?
Did JL have a bf/gf or an intimate partner?
Have LE or his family made contact with anyone, one person? who knew him at his new college or apartment?
Any college professor's or classmates?
Did he have a job?
What about any pets?
How were JL's bills and living expenses paid for? By whom?

Me too. Pressure can really get to a college kid. That and the train wreck that the last year has been, trying to live up to the image of a minister’s son, totaling the car on the way home....
Just leaving all his stuff at the scene (including some sort of drugs) is worrisome.

BBM. I think where I am stuck is that this could all be taken to be similar to previous cases where a person was eventually found after a wreck (often in water)...

Except for this case, there seems to be one unusual circumstance too many.

On a road he shouldn’t have been on.

Did not stay with the vehicle.

LE seems to think his injuries were none/minor, yet he left doors locked with keys inside. Left phone inside. Left belongings outside vehicle. Seemingly left all of his belongings behind.

He was not found by highly trained searchers. Nor were there reports of anyone having seen him after the accident (that we are aware of.)

This could all still be explainable...but it is just getting harder for me to buy into “he missed his turn, accidentally crashed his car, and will eventually be found somewhat nearby.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste