TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you follow the link to the crash location it now makes a lot more sense. It's just past the north end of where Google Streetview ends and where there is a sharp S curve. It's farther north on Salt Flat Rd than everyone was thinking based on addresses.
I think that specific location might just be where Google drops the pin if you type in “Salt Flat Rd Luling TX”. I pulled up SFR on the map when I first read about this case and I’m pretty sure that’s the exact same spot Google dropped me. I remember seeing that same sharp curve and thinking that he was probably driving too fast down that curvy gravel road in the dark. I wish we had the exact location though.

I'm curious as to who took the photo of JL? Said to be from the same weekend he went missing so obviously it wasn't his family. And to me, moo the dramatic change in his look from the original photo to the new one says there is something else going on with him. IMHO

I'm curious as to who took the photo of JL? Said to be from the same weekend he went missing so obviously it wasn't his family. And to me, moo the dramatic change in his look from the original photo to the new one says there is something else going on with him. IMHO
He probably took it himself. People look off to the side, make funny faces, etc when talking on social media. Just my guess. IMO.

Per the poster, investigators believe he survived the crash with little to no injury.

His clothing and artifacts were 900 feet away, in the roadway.

New photo, current to the weekend he went missing.

JMO

Wow, that doesn’t even look like the same guy. Two thoughts on this info.
1. I wonder if the new pic means police were able to get into his phone and or data, or if someone came forward to them with it. It looks like it could be a snapchat so a friend could have provided it.
2. Other than the obvious “someone put it there”, any ideas what would cause his belongings to be 900 (900!!) feet south of the wreck in the middle of the road? That news hit me hard. I would think that’d have to be one heck of a crash to have the velocity to fling your belongings out of your car 900 feet. Looks can be deceiving, but the crash didn’t appear to be THAT bad.

I think aside from the obvious difference in appearance, what strikes me as the most unusual thing from the update is the comment “friends and family have not seen or heard from him since before the accident”. I don’t know if it is just me, but that makes me question how long it has been since he had truly been in touch with his family.

In light of the new information from LE, it does seem like Jason wrapped his car around a tree, got out relatively unharmed, walked 900 feet and evaporated.

LE a knowledge early on that, while they believe dogs tracked him to the abandoned house and the nearby pond, they can't be certain WHOSE path the dogs followed. Could be Jason's, could be law enforcement's.

So that leaves us with Jason driving is car, on an unexpected road, crashing, surviving the crash, and walking away.....

His dad's initial interviews make a lot more sense to me now. About forgiveness and hugging your children and all that.... in that very beginning, I can see how he may have felt that, one, any differences parents-children may have PRIOR to something like this just fall away when all you want is a chance to have your child back, and two, that Jason must have gotten to SOMEWHERE. Walked farther, got picked up, something. In the dad's message, there was a bit of, "Son, come home. We'll work the details out later. You aren't in trouble. We love you."

I can only speculate.... someone else caused the accident.... someone else picked Jason up, intending harm.... Jason was more injured than the accident indicates (head injuries can be unpredictable), injured or not injured Jason started walking, got lost, disoriented.... Jason met with a detective freak accident, falling into a well.... Jason was having a mental break, driving crazy fast and then spun out.... Jason walked away, found a dark hidey hole and succumbed to injuries or the elements and simply remains to be found....

I hope he had a strong enough online presence to help fill in the blanks ahead of that moment in time, along that dark and lonely stretch of road.

May his family get the answers they need and the strength to face them when they come.

JMO

Last edited:
I think that specific location might just be where Google drops the pin if you type in “Salt Flat Rd Luling TX”. I pulled up SFR on the map when I first read about this case and I’m pretty sure that’s the exact same spot Google dropped me. I remember seeing that same sharp curve and thinking that he was probably driving too fast down that curvy gravel road in the dark. I wish we had the exact location though.
I just tried that. It dropped me at the intersection of Salt Flat Rd. with Derrick Rd. But you make a good point. Namus often just throws out an approximate location, so there's a lot of uncertainty here.

On top of that, the streetview views were from nine years ago so it's a pretty imprecise tool for this.

The new photo that was taken the same weekend he went missing leads me to believe LE was able to crack the phone (or at the very least access the data remotely).
That's possible. It's unclear though if they have any DNA results. Their wording makes it sound like it was inconclusive if they do: "authorities believe that the operator was able to walk away from the collision with little or no injury" BBM

Somehow even more disturbing. He survived the crash. He started to walk away.... then what?

What caused him to lose control? What or could it have been a who?

Could someone have wanted to do him harm? Hence the accident, hence him not found....

It's a peculiar bit of new information --

What happened on that road?????

JMO
It's not new information.
They knew that from the outset, and the dogs confirmed it.
All that's new is the 900 feet. Previous reports stated 100 feet. That's a bit of a difference.
Also new is the revelation that his clothes had been dropped in the same location as the backpack. Previous reports just stated they were outside the vehicle. That could have been excused as somebody desperately searching for his phone and clothes chucked everywhere in an attempt to find it.
I'm stumped.

That's possible. It's unclear though if they have any DNA results. Their wording makes it sound like it was inconclusive if they do: "authorities believe that the operator was able to walk away from the collision with little or no injury" BBM
What does gaming gear weigh , approximately? I would have presumed it to be lightweight but I have no idea.

I think aside from the obvious difference in appearance, what strikes me as the most unusual thing from the update is the comment “friends and family have not seen or heard from him since before the accident”. I don’t know if it is just me, but that makes me question how long it has been since he had truly been in touch with his family.
He'd been home for Thanksgiving weekend.

It's not new information.
They knew that from the outset, and the dogs confirmed it.
All that's new is the 900 feet. Previous reports stated 100 feet. That's a bit of a difference.
Also new is the revelation that his clothes had been dropped in the same location as the backpack. Previous reports just stated they were outside the vehicle. That could have been excused as somebody desperately searching for his phone and clothes chucked everywhere in an attempt to find it.
I'm stumped.

Yes, that's new.

It's also new -- minimal injury....

I'm with you. Stumped.

What happened to you, Jason?????

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online