TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when did the official search for Jason start?
The official start began on Monday morning, Dec 14, when LE had helicopters out and officers doing ground searches. Reportedly, TES suspended their search after 8 days on Dec 22.

Earlier on Monday, officials had a helicopter crew search the area for Landry or any other possible victims. Officers are still searching the area on the ground.

Law enforcement searching for Texas State student who disappeared after crash near Luling

Texas EquuSearch suspending search for missing Texas State student

BBM.

So... are you saying that you can buy legal pot at a local distributor that is laced with bad ****? Or is the possibly laced weed bought off the streets? I'm asking because while I don't smoke, my mother does to help her sleep, and I REALLY don't want to chase her running naked down the street. lol She's not exactly a spring chicken.

I know it's off topic, and I apologize for that, but it's a serious question. Y'all got me concerned. :eek: Thanks.

Does your mom have a card? If so I'd say you won't have to get her out of lock up. However, that legal stuff there's different strains. My friend legally buys hers and makes brownies. You have to be careful with ratio the THC to the CBD? Smoking she says you know when you smoked enough. So your mom is safe. I'm fairly sure. My friend, no. She is a 60 year old tripped out lunatic with edibles.

On the street though anything sold by weight can be cut or added. People today are seeking a better high from weed. Thus the dealer laces it, and keeps them coming back for more.

Old heads tend to stick to their old head dealers. Now that it's legal all kinds of mess going on.

My sincerest apologies for bringing this all up. Sadly it is fact. I'd never want this young man's being to be tarnished over weed.

Sad is I know all of this and I don't even smoke. I'm already paranoid and loopy. I'm like McGruff the crime dog my ex husband said. Told me to work at the airport sniffing out weed.

Praying Jason is found, and his family gets peace of any sort.

Their update said they are still waiting for the tests to come back on that though.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the field indicated that the marijuana was laced with something different. They wouldn’t want to go by the field test—so they send it out for the official test—but the field test is what makes them spell out the possibility, in this report. I don’t think that they’d have said what they did, without having something to go on.

What happened in that intersection where tracking stops? I might have to consider a carjacking scenario. Has anyone mapped that intersection?

I posted a satellite view of the intersection upthread.

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office
1 hr ·
For immediate release:
<snipped>

Any report stating that the backpack was “filled” with narcotics, is inaccurate.

Yet another overblown, over-sensationalized bunch of BS from the "trusty" MSM.

Pathetic.

Does your mom have a card? If so I'd say you won't have to get her out of lock up. However, that legal stuff there's different strains. My friend legally buys hers and makes brownies. You have to be careful with ratio the THC to the CBD? Smoking she says you know when you smoked enough. So your mom is safe. I'm fairly sure. My friend, no. She is a 60 year old tripped out lunatic with edibles.

Cards aren't required here. It's legal to buy. You just walk up, show your drivers license at the window to prove you're you, and they tell you when it's OK for you to enter the store (limiting people). Everything is in glass jars for you to see and smell with a description of what it is and cost. It's literally like the adult version of being a kid in a candy store. lol You then go to the counter and say how much you want of whatever it is you want. They prepare your purchase for you, you pay, and out you go.

Now medical marijuana is another matter. Same dispensary (a pot store), but only those with a medical card can buy it. I find it odd you can buy any weed you want in the store, just not the medical stuff. I THINK it's so those with a medical need have it available to them when they need it. I could be wrong about that though. I'm really not up on this sort of thing.

The fact that he clearly took off all the clothes he was wearing only hours before in photos is very significant. It basically proves he was there. And taking them all off after trying to get some of his things including the fish makes this seem highly likely a head injury.

He was somewhat coherent just after the accident and his condition deteriorated rather rapidly, in only a few hundred yards of walking.

He must be around there somewhere from my perspective. Exactly what was in his system leading up to the accident is less important to me at this point...

More searching needs to happen.

Last edited:
The fact that he clearly took off all the clothes he was wearing only hours before in photos is very significant. It basically proves he was there. And taking them all off after trying to get some of his things including the fish makes this seem highly likely a head injury.

He was somewhat coherent just after the accident and his condition deteriorated rather rapidly, in only a few hundred of walking.

He must be around there somewhere from my perspective. Exactly what was in his system leading up to the accident is less important to me at this point...

More searching needs to happen.
A great post that matches your badge, @logical. :)

MOO

While there's a lot of information in this release, one thing jumps out at me. It sounds like they may be really trying to get someone who he may have been having a Snapchat "conversation" with at that time to come forward. I believe he received a notification of a snap and decided to close Waze, or accidentally closed Waze when viewing it. Without stating it directly, to me it almost sounds like a warning that if they don't come forward willingly, they will be finding out who they are soon anyway. That person may hold a very important key to where he was/his state of mind in those minutes before the accident.

Snipped: "Investigators have now gained access to most of Jason’s phone and computer data. Investigators are still waiting for some search warrants from social media/ tech companies to be returned and will immediately process that data upon receipt.

We are asking the public’s assistance with any information which may further the investigation
."

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office Facebook Page: Caldwell County Sheriff's Office

Last edited:
Lots of new information. Very good of Caldwell county to address so much in this press release.

One thing they didn’t address this time was whether or not they thought he sustained a life threatening injury.

Anyone clear on how these other investigators are compensated or who they are hired by?

I don’t understand how they say they know he didn’t communicate with anyone in Luling yet his phone had no digital footprint for 67 minutes? What do they think he was doing for 67 minutes? Couldn’t he have communicated with someone during that 67 min?

To me the undressing is indicative of a head injury, hyperthermia can happen really quickly.
I just don't feel he could have gotten much further than the 900 feet in that state though.
It is utterly heartbreaking.
It just makes me think of what I always tell my boys (and myself) when they lose something. Go back to the place you most expected to find what you misplaced and LOOK AGAIN.

MOO

While there's a lot of information in this release, one thing jumps out at me. It sounds like they may be really trying to get someone who he may have been having a "snapchat" conversation with at that time to come forward. I believe he received a notification of a snap and decided to close Waze, or accidentally closed Waze when viewing it. Without stating it directly, to me it almost sounds like a warning that if they don't come forward willingly, they will be finding out who they are soon anyway. That person may hold a very important key to where he was/his state of mind in those minutes before the accident.

Snipped: "Investigators have now gained access to most of Jason’s phone and computer data. Investigators are still waiting for some search warrants from social media/ tech companies to be returned and will immediately process that data upon receipt.

We are asking the public’s assistance with any information which may further the investigation
."

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office Facebook Page: Caldwell County Sheriff's Office
Correct... and if that’s Snapchat... there’s no way to know if he was meeting someone locally.

Lots of new information. Very good of Caldwell county to address so much in this press release.

One thing they didn’t address this time was whether or not they thought he sustained a life threatening injury.

Anyone clear on how these other investigators are compensated or who they are hired by?

I don’t understand how they say they know he didn’t communicate with anyone in Luling yet his phone had no digital footprint for 67 minutes? What do they think he was doing for 67 minutes? Couldn’t he have communicated with someone during that 67 min?
It seems to me that the traceable information they obtained from either his device and/or provider indicates that he did not use any call or data time during that 67 min window.

I don't know if this assessment includes wifi or apps where communication can be deleted. Isn't Snapchat like that? Your messages/photos disappear without a trace?

I don't think they changed their position about no life-threatening given the very small amount of blood on the waistband of his underwear and garment tag on his short pants. The vehicle damage certainly didn't change.

MOO

Last edited:
It just makes me think of what I always tell my boys (and myself) when they lose something. Go back to the place you most expected to find what you misplaced and LOOK AGAIN.
There's a saint called Saint Anthony, he finds things and him and I are on first name terms.
It really seems to work and doesn't require great faith or anything. I'm not even sure that's his sole claim to fame but I do it and I find the things very quickly afterwards. Not a coincidence.
I reckon the problem is that they have thoroughly searched all possibilities and came up empty again nad again and now they must think outside the box completely.
Nobody knows what anybody will do if they're tripping.. it might seem like a great idea to become a mystic, find a cave and live on practically nothing and it might be a permanent or long drawn out mental state.. I couldn't even begin to imagine what I would do or where I would go if I found myself unexpectedly tripping in an unknown territory..
There is very little difference between a delusion and reality particularly if a hallucinogen is involved..
It's all the same to the person who is experiencing it.
And he has no clothes.
I don't imagine there are any colonies of old hippies or
mystics anywhere that might have taken him in to care for him?
We don't now how far he travelled..

BBM.

So... are you saying that you can buy legal pot at a local distributor that is laced with bad ****? Or is the possibly laced weed bought off the streets? I'm asking because while I don't smoke, my mother does to help her sleep, and I REALLY don't want to chase her running naked down the street. lol She's not exactly a spring chicken.

I know it's off topic, and I apologize for that, but it's a serious question. Y'all got me concerned. :eek: Thanks.
Not who you asked, but its weed from off the streets, normally, that is laced. If you get it from a local distributor, its typically safe. But since weed isn't legal in Texas, if you want it here then you are buying it on thee street.

Did he leave the main road simply to smoke a blunt? Is it legal? If not, maybe he was worried about a passing cop seeing a huge, glowing blunt in his hands as he drove.

Also, I was SO impressed by the sherrif's statement and photos! I wish we would see this kind of transparency more often. It's a great way to nip a lot of speculation in the bud.
This is what I think happened. He wanted somewhere with no traffic and out of sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet